5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly
I'm going to school here in the UK, and the laptop I have was purchased in America. From September til now (December) the adaptor I purchased has been working without fail! I had even bought two just in case one was faulty, however I haven't had to use it since! It was a good investment, and I recommend it to you all! : )
Published on 4 Dec 2010 by Jody

3.0 out of 5 stars How to fix it
Published 10 months ago by R. Weber

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Travel Adaptor Plug: Worldwide / European Visitor To Uk (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 20 Dec 2008
Mr. T. Mc Clure (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
Got two of these for some light sets I brought home from Thailand. A very substantial and solid adapter, not the loose fitting flimsy type you can find. They have a built in 3amp fuse also which others don't have. A good buy I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars works properly, 24 Nov 2010
I bought this adaptor plug so I could use my electric appliances from Greece in the UK.
It works pretty well and is safe to use with a variety of appliances.
Fast delivery, exactly matching with the product image shown here.
I definitely suggest it if you're looking for a handy, safe and trustworthy Europe to UK adaptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Adapters., 9 Feb 2011
A pair of very solidly built fused adapters, quick delivery and the price is right. US plugs fit in these very nicely.

A good purchase. These cost about a fiver per one on high street.

3.0 out of 5 stars How to fix it, 6 Jan 2014
R. Weber (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these adapters, but neither would allow me to insert either a USA or European two-pin plug. There is a spring-loaded panel behind the holes which prevents the pins being inserted, no matter how hard I press. I have tried 6 different US plugs and 3 different EU plugs. This is despite the fact that the label on the package says "suitable for visitors from Europe, USA and Australia."

However, ... I have managed to fix the adapters by taking them apart and carefully re-seating the plastic panel that guards the pin holes. It seems that in both adapters the plastic panel had not been accurately placed in its groove by the manufacturer, and consequently it was not able to slide back as it should when a plug is inserted. By re-assembling more carefully than had the manufacturer I was able to make the adapters work.

This might explain why some people have luck with this product and others say it is defective. You might want to purchase this adapter if either you feel lucky, or you are not afraid to do some remedial repair if you are unlucky. Certainly the price is good.

The holes inside the adapter, into which the two pins of the plug fit are small, and so will take small two-pin plugs (such as USA ones of the type in which both pins are the same size --- but not where one of the pins is larger), and they will not take two largish pins (such as the round pins on my Braun toothbrush charger).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality adapter at a reasonable price, 11 Jan 2014
The adapter received was different to the one in the photo. It actually looks much nicer (and is smaller) if that is important to you.

It has safety shutters over the live and neutral terminals (as you would see on a standard UK socket) and the instructions are pretty good - if you are thinking who needs instructions for an adapter there are actually a couple of points to note.

1. This is an adapter not a voltage converter so you can't plug a North American device that only runs off 120V into it. Most modern electronic devices run off 100V-240V though so that will not be a problem in most cases.

2. If you have a plug that has earth contacts at the sides (e.g. the continental "Schuko" plug) then you should use a different adapter (specifically for that type of plug) as otherwise your device will not be earthed.
Both the above points are written on the adapter itself.

The adapter conforms to BS1363 : Part 3 according to the packaging. This is very important as it means it is safe! There are a lot of counterfeit products on the market which are anything but safe. If you want to know how unsafe see the following links:
[...]
[...]

I am an electrical engineer and though I don't have the full BS1363 specs to hand I have no reason to believe that this anything other than a genuinely conforming adapter. The adapter I received was an Omega model 21106 - whether other customers will receive the same model of adapter is another question.

5.0 out of 5 stars plug and go, 8 Aug 2010
I travel a lot through Europe and purchase a few items that are not available here or are cheaper. Instead of cutting off the plug and putting on a UK 3 pin plug I just purchase a Travel Worldwide / European - UK adaptor plug. Doing it this way you have not messed with any Guarantee and you can still use the item when you are back in Europe. I am now on my fourth purchase of this adaptor plug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile multi-plug adaptor, 30 Jun 2010
I bought this adaptor on my return from New Zealand to the UK.
It works perfectly, no problems, easy to fit to any plug and covers a very wide variety.
The only thing that could make it handier is if it was slightly less deep as with a regular size plug attached it is a tighter fit on plugs in smaller spaces.
But it is a standard size for this product so that is not something specific to this adaptor.
I was very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 4 Feb 2014
very good product, excellent price, seepdy delivery, exactly what I expected. Purchased because I have a regular visitor who needs to adapt eu plugs during stay

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT compatible with Indian Plugs, 25 May 2010
Sumanta Sarkar (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
Although the Item quality is good, but this is not compatible with any of the Indian 3 pin sockets. Even some 2 Pin sockets won't work. So future buyers please beware before buying.