5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than you can imagine
Brilliant. Some of the reviews I read made me think that it might be trickier to assemble than it was which made me feel great when it went together so easily. There must be some really incompetent people out there!

Easy to carry out from the dining room to the garage even with the wife screaming at you. Light and stable (the stand not the wife), good frame...
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Marmiteman

3.0 out of 5 stars The stand is robust enough although slightly fiddly to assemble ...
The stand is robust enough although slightly fiddly to assemble (lining up leg bolts etc). One problem I've got is that I cant get it to rotate at all...its simply too tight when assembled. The bolt hasn't gone far enough to engage with locking lever and I don't want to force it in.... currently it in the horizontal. will write to supplier for help
Published 3 months ago by G. A. Heiss

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stands, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This is a very solid stand. Easy to put together. You will need a fair amount of space to store it: the legs fold down, but the stand is still very long. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Park bicycle work stand, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Sturdy easy to assemble and very stable. Durable powder coated finish. The only area where the design is lacking is the rotating head. It consists of a male and female coned assembly which once clamped at the required angle is very difficult to free up to another angle, even when copper grease is applied. This is mainly a problem when being used with various bikes with different angles of support. Better if only used with a single bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars You might need a 3/8 unc tap!!, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
After allot of searching around I found this stand for best combined price (stand & Free postage) with Amazon,
It arrived spot on Time and looked well made, until I tried to tighten the clamp handle assembly to find that it locked up on the threads before it had chance to lock up the Clamp assembly! The reason was due to the end of the treads being clogged with Excess plastic. Hence the reason that you might need a 3/8 UNC tap to clear the treads.. All being said don't let this put you off the stand because apart from this silly issue I've found it to be a very Sturdy stand and looks the business...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stand, 30 Nov 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This stand represents very good value for money. Makes servicing my bike a lot easier. Well made and finished. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Arrived this morning so I had to put it together and try it out. Very pleased - robust, stable and holds the bike in any position. The design of the legs and "feet" looks odd but actually is much better than the tripod type because the weight of the bike is centred over the 3 points of contact on the ground. The clamp jaws are strong, metal with plastic lining. Should last well. Only doubt is over the collar which allow you to alter the height. This is plastic, held by metal screws, so the thread might strip and/or the collar break. Best to avoid frequent adjustments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for holding the ike, 27 July 2013
Mr. P. M. Booth "Realistic Critic" (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Holds the bike well enough, but its not so easy to adjust whilst the bike is on the stand.. Don't get me wrong this stand is better than the cheap ones on the net for working on, its just not the best adjuster if you want to change position to carry out more than one task on your bike.. Although I would buy another one if this one went missing as they look the part and do the job its meant to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for home bicycle maintenance., 8 Mar 2013
D. Parker (Cumbria, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Good quality, Strong construction, sturdy when deployed, can hold bike at various angles from seat post or frame. Allen key height adjustment not and issue as once set no real need to adjust. Folds up for easy storage, ideal for garage or workshop. Highly recommended for those that wish to tinker with their bicycles at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
As a family of four, all with bikes, we are frequently required to carry out some form of maintenance on our bikes.For years I have put up with having to bend down to carry out repairs or cleaning and resorting to turning bikes upside down. I have been promising myself a decent workstand for some time, and after doing some online research, decided to go for this one from ParkTools. They have a good reputation for having quality tools at a reasonable price.
This was the best price that I could find, and was delivered in good time.
For anyone who does their own bicycle maintenance and repairs, I would strongly recommend this one. There are other much more expensive workstands available, but this one is more than adequate for the home user. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to one of these, it'll save a lot of back pain for starters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repair stand, 30 Oct 2012
Alan Thomas "Mr T's reviews" (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I did a lot of research online looking at the different choices out there. Price was a key factor. Also I am not one to spend hours pottering around with my bike. I wanted a stand that made basic maintenance, cleaning, changing brake blocks and tyres etc. easier. A friend also recommended this stand. I am not disappointed. It's good to have the right tool for the job and this is it. Solid and well made, easy to put together. I enjoy that part of such purchases. You need a little bit of space to store it. Keep that in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stand, 25 Oct 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I know it might seem expensive (there are a lot more expensive ones ou there) and your thinking should I really spend that amount on something I may not use that often, I did. But I'm glad I've got it it is so much easier to work on the bike. The build quality is fantastic a good gauge steel tube solid in construction, ok it's not the smallest think when folded, do you want something to fit in a draw or do you want it to hold your bike when working on it? I have a 25 year old mountain bike so it's not like the anorexic carbon road bike of today (I am going to treat myself this Christmas ) and the stand is still sturdy. If you've looked at these stands, you want one, buy one, you won't regret it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›