5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than you can imagine
Brilliant. Some of the reviews I read made me think that it might be trickier to assemble than it was which made me feel great when it went together so easily. There must be some really incompetent people out there!

Published on 12 Jan 2011 by Marmiteman

3.0 out of 5 stars The stand is robust enough although slightly fiddly to assemble ...
The stand is robust enough although slightly fiddly to assemble (lining up leg bolts etc). One problem I've got is that I cant get it to rotate at all...its simply too tight when assembled. The bolt hasn't gone far enough to engage with locking lever and I don't want to force it in.... currently it in the horizontal. will write to supplier for help
Published 21 days ago by G. A. Heiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier than you can imagine, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)

Easy to carry out from the dining room to the garage even with the wife screaming at you. Light and stable (the stand not the wife), good frame grip for my mountain and road bikes. Perfect height on maximum for 5'10" man with a bad back. Just need a bike maintenance manual to justify the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stand that delivers., 18 May 2012
P. Brazier "Japan Bob" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Bicycle repair stands are expensive. I felt that I could not justify that expense and eventually opted for a cheap stand which lifted the rear wheel off the ground for minor servicing. It worked but was a poor excuse for a work stand. However the Park Tool Home Mechanic Stand became available via Amazon at a discounted price and I was tempted into buying. Reviewers heaped praise on it and I guiltily put my order in. After all it is just a bike stand right? Had I done the right thing and spent almost as much on a tool as on my youngest sons bicycle?

The Park Tool stand arrived the next day. Quick! Assembly took about 20 minutes and was easy with tools provided. I was surprised at the forward gait of the stand and that it was lifted forward by the main down tube so that it is supported on three corners. See Amazons photo of the stand. When the stand is lifted the two legs drop so that they stand in line with the main tube. This does make the whole assembly quite long for floor or ceiling storage but very handy for moving the stand through doorways on its side.

With a bike held firmly in the stand I realised why people raved about this stand. It brings a bike to a good working height and allows for the bike to be rotated in a circular arc. The clamp has grooves to accommodate top bar cables and tightens via a handle. A handle at the rear of the stand fixes the whole clamp in position. The construction is bomb proof and even the clamp is well built and very sturdy. The clamp itself provides padding to avoid marks or scratching on the bike. Given that the bike can now be placed upside down or sideways within a 360 arc of movement it really does make repairs, servicing or cleaning an absolute joy. I have used the clamp on a top tube, seat post and down tube on different bikes and it works great with all.
The only negative is that the stand itself will not adjust in height. One still needs to lift a bike into the clamp before tightening. This may prove a poor experience for people with disability or back problems. However this has to be mitigated against the potential problems of not using a good stand. I have found a good working position using a stool and small side table. The Park Tool work tray attachment is a very attractive and worthwhile additional purchase money permitting.

Amazon's provision and service was fantastic. Easy to buy and fast delivery. Great stuff.

So far I have no real reservations about my purchase and delighted to have finally got a stand which has made so many tasks so much easier. I regret having not bought earlier but understandable given that such stands are prohibitively expensive. If you can afford and on the fence then I would suggest jumping down and buying this stand. It is the bees knees and you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and essential piece of kit., 5 Feb 2012
J. Hubbard (Wyomondham, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
Bought this stand after many, many years of trying to make repairs on my bike while it sat either propped up against a wall or rested upside-down on its saddle and handlebars. Can't imagine now how I ever did without this.

As other reviewers have noted: the pictures do not do this stand justice. (I'll be adding a picture of my own soon)

Make no mistake; this is a serious, solidly built piece of kit, well worth the price I paid for it and more besides.

The stand requires some very basic assembly that takes no more than five minutes. Hoist your bike up and into the clamp (suspend it either by its top-tube or saddle-post, I prefer the latter personally) and you're away.
The clamp can be rotated 360 degrees while your bike is in position, making it a doddle to reach and service all the bits that matter.
The main tube is telescopic, and can be adjusted to the desired height. And here is my only minor gripe: An allen key is needed for this action, when a quick-release lever would make this so much easier to do. Still, not a major problem and certainly not worth removing a star for.

This is a chunky, stable stand that will last you a lifetime if you look after it (and even if you don't!) Highly recommended and utterly indispensible!

4.0 out of 5 stars PCS-9, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I brought this stand for my husband and he's very happy with it as it makes working & cleaning his bike a lot easier, a lot better than bending and crouching on the floor. Quite simple to assemble, a good tip rub a bit of candle on the housing that the clamp spindle goes into as this makes it easier to twist the clamp to another position otherwise the clamp spindle jams when you tighten it. I would have give it 5 stars but a bit pricey, but it's a must have piece of kit.
Recieved within 2 days great service from Amazon as always.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality brand, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I got this workstand at what i consider to be a bargain price for a 'Park' item.
Its fairly solid and robust. The clamp on the telescopic height adjust is plastic which I though may be a bit too fragile but its standing up to plenty of use so far without any problems.
Quite bulky if you need to fold it away to store, the legs do fold straight but the unit is about 6 feet long when they are folded under.
Holds a bike at virtually any angle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Everything good written above is absolutely true. This is a great product and I wished I have bought one sooner. If, like me you have been hesitating about getting one - then hesitate no longer you won't be disappointed it really is a good piece of kit and folds away easily. If they had only provided it with a easy height adjuster instead of having to use an Allen key it would have got five stars. It's not really that big and issue and there are easy solutions but even for this money it should be there.Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good work stand, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I really wish amazon allowed a half star. I can't give 5 as there is one change I'd make. Instead of using allen keys, I'd like a handle/clamp. It's perfect if you have a work area and can leave it set up, but if, like me, you're storing it away between uses, I'd like the ability to adjust it quicker.

Other than that though, top notch product. I'm stunned I ever managed without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the majority, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
The stand is solid, takes about 10 minutes to assemble and once up it's a sturdy bit of kit. I have an Orange 5, so a fairly large full suspension bike, circa 32 lbs and it hold it just fine, no wobbling or thoughts of toppling over at all. The seat clamp is secure and is a one handed wind closed affair whilst holding the top tube with my other hand, simple. It's got a nice paint finish, it is pimp as it's a Park Tools product and I fully expect it will do the job forever without a problem (zero maintenance required) and I really have nothing negative to say about it at all...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for a home repair stand, 14 July 2011
Tom Glenn (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Quick to assemble and start using - if you're mechanically inclined. Then again this is a repair stand so you should be mechanically inclined or don't bother !
Easy to fold up - I read in a review that a user needed tools whenever they wanted to fold up; clearly this person did not know how to use it or assembled it improperly.
Works fine on regular or oversize top tubes; haven't used it yet to clamp the seat tube but should work fine there as well.
Angle adjustment is easy to use and set.
To get adjustable height with the hand lever instead of an allen key you need to go for the next model up and for home use it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Great quality product. Works as you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars great work stand, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Easy to assemble,quality feel,nice clamp.At this price unbeatable, though a quick realease for the height adjustment would be a better idea.

Park Tool PCS-9 Home Mechanic Repair Stand