on 2 July 2013
This is a very stable well constructed item. I don't know how I ever managed without one and would encourage anyone who intends to maintain their bike to purchase one. It comes disassembled so a word of warning. If you don't want to break half your living room ornaments, injure the dog or the wife it is a job best performed outside.
on 19 March 2013
This stand is robust, easily adjustable, collapsable and great value for money.

It is well made from steel tubiing and will easily take the weight of a bike. The clamp head is well engineered and the bike is held securely, with the jaws operated by way of a quick release cam and the whole head rotatable through 360 degrees. Once the clamp it is set for a particular frame size it is just an easy flick close/open. I always wrap the frame in a piece of cloth although the jaws are protected by pliable plastic. The work height is easily adjusted, again using a quick release cam. The two support legs securely lock into place in the substancial support bracket by means of spring loaded ball bearings and locating holes. It collapses to a very good size that will fit ontop of a wardrobe or under a bed, depending on how understanding your girlfriend is :o)
on 27 January 2013
This is an excellent well made and finished piece of kit. Assembly was reasonably straightforward as long as you carefully follow instructions. Be very careful when removing clamp from unsealed plastic bag because there are four small nuts, two of which dropped on floor and took a bit of finding! When assembled it holds bike securely making maintenance very easy. In the collapsed position it is reasonably heavy as you would expect but is still easily carried. It takes up very little space when storing. Extending and taking it down is relatively easy but would recommend a touch of lubrication on main tube to allow the main components to slide up and down more easily. I recommend this product without hesitation and at the Amazon price it is very good value for money.
on 21 September 2015
Once again excellent delivery time from Amazon. The item..I did have a cheap repair stand ,which cost around £30 four years ago. I put up with it, as other stands are quite pricey, but the jaws kept twisting and didn't hold my bikes that secure. I decided on the Park Tools stand after reading reviews and I'm not disappointed . The instructions aren't that clear but anyone with a bit of savvy can put it together. Took about 20 minutes from opening the box. Quality is very good, strong tubular steel and components. Put my bike into the jaws and it was held rigid at any angle, plus I can turn the pedals around without catching the stand as it is set on an angle. When finished it folds away easily. Watch the video on Utube to see. In all an excellent piece of kit.
on 15 September 2014
Awsome! I generally like Park Tool products because they tend to be high quiality and solid. This is stand is no exception, in fact I'd suggest it is good enough for commercial use in a bike shop, so you might get away with the PCS-9 if you'd like to save some dosh.

The instructions were pretty easy to follow, once I realised that the clamp was delivered pre-assembled (that did look a little scary to put together!) and it only took a matter of minutes to assemble, once I realised how it worked.

The bike is held really firmly and it makes working on the bike soooooo much easier, I wish I'd got one years ago!

It collapses neatly for storage which is real bonus, because it leaves more room for bikes (n+1)!
on 20 November 2012
I was conflicted about the additional expenditure necessary to buy this product, given there are a number of lower priced similar products on the market. I am so pleased that I finally overcame my hesitation.
The stand is all it claims to be. It is very easy to assemble, even for one as challenged as me in things mechanical, the instructions are clear and in a sensible format including sketches.
On assembly,it proved to be sturdy without being overly heavy and it folds quite easily.
It has already proven very useful for minor adjustments on our growing collection of bikes and we would most certainly recommend this product, the price is soon forgotten once the quality is experienced.
on 15 October 2013
A fit for purpose design that is easy to assemble in 20 minutes and 3 minutes to collapse for easy convenient storage. Well engineered from quality materials that are robust yet flexible. I bought it along with the accessory tray and magnetic bowl for repairs and service to my families 11 bikes I'll probably recover the reasonable overall investment in the first year when compared against bike shop charges. I recommend this repair stand to anyone interested in home bike maintenance. A definite 5 stars compared with similar products advertised. I bought through Amazon and received the product in 3 days from placing my order. First class service all round.
on 4 April 2013
This is an excellent product. I'm really impressed with the build quality. Very solid and I hope dependable.
Already done some work on my wife's bike and it held it firm. I had no concerns about its stability despite the weight of the old steel frame. When the job was complete it folded away quite readily for storage in the garage. Doesn't take much room when you consider the size it folds out to when in use.
It arrived quickly and was well packed. Nothing missing, instructions reasonably clear.
Americans are generally quite demanding of their tools and expect quality. This is a good example and the price was very acceptable.
on 22 April 2012
Thsi has to be one of the best pieces of kit we have got, easy to use, folds away but does what it says, stable, quality workshop accessory.
on 6 February 2016
Little bit wary and wondering if its really as good as other have said.
And, yes, yes it really is that good.
I was worried it might not open wide enough or grip firmly enough on an elliptical crossbar frame. No problems, it does.
Its tough, its stable, its adjustable and it gives good access.

Of course Park tools will happily sell you a host of useful extra accessories to make it even better .... But just the basic frame is all you'll need unless you're working all day every day on bikes - Tool holder boxes and the like are just for extra convenience, the frame is excellent as it is.