5.0 out of 5 stars Great workstand
Published on 7 Mar 2011 by Nigel Andrews

3.0 out of 5 stars is the height adjusted with quick release
all i want to know is does this stand have a quick release on the height adjustment or do you have to use an allen key ?
Published 15 months ago by tilly

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workstand, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Excellent product. Completely changed how I work on my bikes. No more backache!! I now look after my bikes with more care as to put a bike on a stand makes it all so much more effortless. Jobs which you might have put off in the past are just done, as it makes the work so much easier. The simple way it folds up is also a bonus as other fold up stands can be cumbersome. It's so simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 July 2013
1. Robust
2. Easy to use
3. Fold (need only a little space)

My brother has PCS-09. PCS-10 is more robust and easier to use (locks). The price difference is little, buy PCS-10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, beautifully engineered, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
A really good, well designed workstand for your bike - fits all sorts of odd frame types (inc large tube carbon fibre) and easy to use and rotate etc. It's bigger and heavier than it looks (which is a good thing), and takes about 20 minutes to initially put together, but once done, minutes to set up and use. It'll last a lifetime, you're only going to buy one, so make it the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars top bit of kit, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
i wanted to try and build my first bike so decided it was time to buy a work stand, as i normally have work done by the LBS i haven't needed one till now or so i thought,
I bought the Park as it had good reviews and was a bargain on Amazon compared to elsewhere
in use it is excellent the quick releases work well and the bike is well supported it easily holds my (Very Heavy) Thorn Sherpa with full touring setup (surly racks front&rear, dynamo lighting, 2x1.5 water bottles, full mudguards) so should be fit for purpose on almost any normal bike
it folds down quickly and can be hidden away in a corner
in use it made my first build a pleasure no bending into awkward positions no fighting things on the floor no real drama at all
I'm really pleased with my stand and am actively looking for things on my other bikes that need fettling just so that i have an excuse to use it
it might sound daft but having the work stand has given me confidence to tackle jobs that i would never of thought myself capable of and has already saved it's price in workshop bills
i just wish I'd bitten the bullet and bought one years ago

5.0 out of 5 stars Park tool mechanic bike repair stand, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This repair stand is a great assett in a garage for repairing bikes without hassle. My husband is very happy with it. We also purchased the tool tray so not bending up and down too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and great customer service, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I recently bought this item and was pleasantly surprised by how heavy duty it appeared whilst putting it together. The item is indeed well made but unfortunately my package was missing one of the leg bolts. I contacted Amazon and they immediately sent out a replacement - a full unit which I simply removed the bolt to use on my stand and sent the other back via their free post system from a local Spar shop.
Back to the stand - It took about 10 minutes to put together and as I stated before the unit is quite heavy duty (Only about 8KG in weight) and the poles are substantial and the clamp head is very robust.
The unit can be folder for compact storage but this requires removal of the two feet bolts and so isn't a straight forward as it could be (Hence only 4 stars).
It's my first repair stand and will probably last many years. Definitely worth the full price of around 150 (as it is from Chainreaction.com and various other sites) but go with Amazon.co.uk on this one and get it for their knock down price.
This is my first Park Tool purchase but definitely won't be my last if this is their standard construction.

5.0 out of 5 stars MTB Workstand, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Thsi has to be one of the best pieces of kit we have got, easy to use, folds away but does what it says, stable, quality workshop accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute winner, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
For an amateur bike mechanic like me, this is virtually essential. Sturdy, robust, it holds the bike at pretty much any angle you want. I particularly like the cam operated clamp - makes the whole process of supporting the bike much easier. As usual with Park Tools stuff, it's not cheap, but it's really well designed. Highly recommended.

I know of one or two professional bike mechanics who use these, so they must be good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Park Tool PCS - 10, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Well designed and engineered. Strong and stable. Having seen (but not used) the PCS - 9, I can see where the improvments have been made. The PCS - 10 is so easy to use to hold everything from my lightweight carbon bike a to heavyweight hybrid.
You will only buy a stand once so buy the best.
(The Silverline magnetic parts tray is so robust and magnetic that it attaches firmly to the PCS - 10 arm.and is much cheaper than the others)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great for bikes, or even drying undies!, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have been toying with the idea of buying a bike stand for years, now I have one I have no idea why I took so long! You can do maintenance jobs at ease, it makes cleaning a doddle too. I did look at the cheaper park tool stand but thought the extra money for this was a worthy investment, I was correct. OK, so it is quite expensive, but it looks like it will last a lifetime. It is way heavier and more sturdier than I expected. The assembly takes 15 mins, it is worth just looking a photos of it online beforehand, this way the assembly is obvious - I watched an online video clip! It folds up nicely and can be stored away with ease. The ease at which is clamps is impressive, I did like the clamp section a lot, it also rotates with ease.
So, if you are thinking about getting a bike stand, then do it, take the plunge! The amount of cyclists that wonder how they managed beforehand is amazing. It is so nice my missus even let me keep my new carbon bike clamped up in the living room overnight! However, I left the stand in the living room for an extra night and my missus used it to dry her undies on! The cheek of it, so it’s back in the garage now.
I really think that this and my head-torch are the most useful gadgets ever.

ARRAY(0xa60c0c18)