5.0 out of 5 stars top bit of kit
i wanted to try and build my first bike so decided it was time to buy a work stand, as i normally have work done by the LBS i haven't needed one till now or so i thought,
I bought the Park as it had good reviews and was a bargain on Amazon compared to elsewhere
Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by Billco

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the PRS20 instead
Bought this in January
Quick release is pointless if you have bikes with different size seat posts as you have to adjust it each time.
The stand is awkward if you need access to both sides of the bike at the same time

The Aluminium handle for tightening the clamp has split already,
Easy to set the stand too high which may result in the top coming...
Published 17 days ago by Mr Video

5.0 out of 5 stars top bit of kit, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
in use it is excellent the quick releases work well and the bike is well supported it easily holds my (Very Heavy) Thorn Sherpa with full touring setup (surly racks front&rear, dynamo lighting, 2x1.5 water bottles, full mudguards) so should be fit for purpose on almost any normal bike
it folds down quickly and can be hidden away in a corner
in use it made my first build a pleasure no bending into awkward positions no fighting things on the floor no real drama at all
I'm really pleased with my stand and am actively looking for things on my other bikes that need fettling just so that i have an excuse to use it
it might sound daft but having the work stand has given me confidence to tackle jobs that i would never of thought myself capable of and has already saved it's price in workshop bills
i just wish I'd bitten the bullet and bought one years ago

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 July 2013
1. Robust
2. Easy to use
3. Fold (need only a little space)

My brother has PCS-09. PCS-10 is more robust and easier to use (locks). The price difference is little, buy PCS-10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workstand, 7 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Excellent product. Completely changed how I work on my bikes. No more backache!! I now look after my bikes with more care as to put a bike on a stand makes it all so much more effortless. Jobs which you might have put off in the past are just done, as it makes the work so much easier. The simple way it folds up is also a bonus as other fold up stands can be cumbersome. It's so simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made, beautifully engineered, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
A really good, well designed workstand for your bike - fits all sorts of odd frame types (inc large tube carbon fibre) and easy to use and rotate etc. It's bigger and heavier than it looks (which is a good thing), and takes about 20 minutes to initially put together, but once done, minutes to set up and use. It'll last a lifetime, you're only going to buy one, so make it the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and great customer service, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
I recently bought this item and was pleasantly surprised by how heavy duty it appeared whilst putting it together. The item is indeed well made but unfortunately my package was missing one of the leg bolts. I contacted Amazon and they immediately sent out a replacement - a full unit which I simply removed the bolt to use on my stand and sent the other back via their free post system from a local Spar shop.
Back to the stand - It took about 10 minutes to put together and as I stated before the unit is quite heavy duty (Only about 8KG in weight) and the poles are substantial and the clamp head is very robust.
The unit can be folder for compact storage but this requires removal of the two feet bolts and so isn't a straight forward as it could be (Hence only 4 stars).
It's my first repair stand and will probably last many years. Definitely worth the full price of around £150 (as it is from Chainreaction.com and various other sites) but go with Amazon.co.uk on this one and get it for their knock down price.
This is my first Park Tool purchase but definitely won't be my last if this is their standard construction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Aug. 2014
A. J. Lee (Hampshire. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Having the bike at a height saves bending, plus keeping it steady (also bought the handle bar holder too) is a definite plus.. Had a very cheap bike stand before, but unable to rotate the crank or front wheel, meant it was pretty much useless.. This allows me to get at every thing easily and for cleaning and maintaining a bike, this sort of thing is a must have, especially if you do as much off road as me, I use it to carry a lot of my camera gear, plus me and my back pack etc, so it gets pretty filthy.. So now I can just whack it up on the stand, hose it off, clean it, degreases and lubricate it, make any necessary adjustments / repairs and all without it falling over and everything is right there and easy to reach.. Excellent product, incredibly well built and thought out.. For anyone that uses a bike regularly either commuting or recreationally. if you want the best and have the funds, I definitely recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding quality and value, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This product exudes quality. It is well thought out, well made and beautifully finished. It is robust, and solid, and holds a bike steadily and securely. Once mounted, the height and orientation of the bike is easily adjustable. I'm not a big fan of self-assembly. It took me 45 minutes to put it together. Others will do it more swiftly. The instructions are terse and in small print. The diagrams are on a different page to the instructions, and it helps to photocopy the front page of the booklet so that one is not forever having to turn the page over during assembly. But notwithstanding that minor hiccough, this is an outstanding product and, though more expensive than many, it's obvious quality makes it excellent value for money. As they say, 'buy cheap, buy twice'. You won't need to replace this stand. It will last a lifetime. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had done this years ago ..., 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
Since being a kid I've always maintained my own bikes, usually flipping them upside down and grovelling around on the floor whilst fixing things ... but no more!
We recently upgraded the kids to decent mountain bikes so I decided it was a good enough excuse having four bikes to maintain to finally invest in a [decent] bike stand.
The PCS10 at the price Amazon are selling it for is amazing and as good a stand anyone from hobby rider to serious enthusiast could ever want - well worth the extra 20 notes on the price of the PCS9 especially due to the extra adjustments and speed at which it unfolds and collapses again. I saw something from a reviewer saying that bolts need to be undone in order to collapse the stand - not true, the legs simply snap into place securely with button style fasteners, to drop them again you simply undo a quick release bolt, raise the leg section up and press the buttons in to allow the legs drop down and be held in place with a leg retaining clip.

Its super stable, hugely adjustable in terms of height and the angle at which it holds the bike, it uses various quick release style levers which are easy to operate whilst attaching the bike etc, everything is really well thought out and its now a total joy to be able maintain our bikes properly without all the usual backache, etc.

Fastening the bike onto the stand is a joy too ... the clamp rotates and can be fixed through 360 degrees to fit any angle of bar on your bike, and is easily adjustable, tightening easily one handed (other hand holding the bike).

If previous Park Tools I have owned are anything to go by then this thing should give me many years of trouble free service, and all the components seem well up for the job, but you can also buy spares in case you do manage to break anything ... meaning you don't have to replace the whole thing if anything untoward does happen.

So in short, I am another very happy punter with this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great for bikes, or even drying undies!, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have been toying with the idea of buying a bike stand for years, now I have one I have no idea why I took so long! You can do maintenance jobs at ease, it makes cleaning a doddle too. I did look at the cheaper park tool stand but thought the extra money for this was a worthy investment, I was correct. OK, so it is quite expensive, but it looks like it will last a lifetime. It is way heavier and more sturdier than I expected. The assembly takes 15 mins, it is worth just looking a photos of it online beforehand, this way the assembly is obvious - I watched an online video clip! It folds up nicely and can be stored away with ease. The ease at which is clamps is impressive, I did like the clamp section a lot, it also rotates with ease.
So, if you are thinking about getting a bike stand, then do it, take the plunge! The amount of cyclists that wonder how they managed beforehand is amazing. It is so nice my missus even let me keep my new carbon bike clamped up in the living room overnight! However, I left the stand in the living room for an extra night and my missus used it to dry her undies on! The cheek of it, so it’s back in the garage now.
I really think that this and my head-torch are the most useful gadgets ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Park tool mechanic bike repair stand, 27 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Park Tool PCS10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand (Sports)
This repair stand is a great assett in a garage for repairing bikes without hassle. My husband is very happy with it. We also purchased the tool tray so not bending up and down too much.

Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand