4.0 out of 5 stars Just a little further, Sophie
If you've heard one Sophie Ellis-Bextor album, you've heard them all. Mostly- true. Each album has a slightly different feel. "Read My Lips" was disco. "Shoot From the Hip" was more, hmmm experimental? atmospheric? With "Trip the Light Fantastic" she's treading steadily in the middle of the road with solid pop shoes on. More listenable than "Hip" and with more emotional...
Published on 13 July 2007 by B. Argo

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not great, but it's not bad either.
I've never quite been able to make my mind up about the fantastically long-legged Sophie Ellis Bextor. I was quite taken with Theaudience back in the day and whilst in solo terms she's occasionally come up with the goods (Groovejet, if that counts, and Murder On The Dancefloor) I can never quite get over some of the truly abysmal lyrics.

Does the 3rd album from...
Published on 29 May 2007 by IWFIcon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars thanks for coming back!, 13 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Trip The Light Fantastic (Audio CD)
i was waiting for an album like this.pure pop.no r&b influences.

it's sad to see that it's disappeared from the chart so quickly.it's a pity.

this is a great album, one of the most beautiful of 2007

this is my personal review:

1. Catch You 5/5

2. Me And My Imagination 5/5 (unfortunately the video is very poor)

3. New York City Lights 5***/5 hope it will be the next single

4. Today The Sun's On Us 4/5

5. If I Can't Dance 4/5

6. Distance Between Us 3/5

7. If You Go 3/5 (the weakest song)

8. Love Is Here 4/5

9. Only One 5/5

10. New Flame 4/5

11. China Heart 5/5

12. What We Have Started 5/5

13. Can't Have It All 5/5 (why only a bonus?)

14. Supersonic 4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie's new stumping new album!, 14 April 2007
This review is from: Trip The Light Fantastic (Audio CD)
Sophie Ellis-Bextor's back with "Trip The Light Fantastic", her new album due to release in May 2007 everywhere. This album has very catchy & dancey songs, so it's gonna be a great album. Her singles "Catch You", "Me & My Imagination" & "Today The Sun's On Us" are included on the album, & are fantastic & Hit-Singles. So, she's again, back to the music scene! Sophie's Back! Welcome Back Sophie Ellis-Bextor!

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened to Sophie Ellis Bextor?, 6 Sept. 2007
I mean this album is just boring. In the beginning I said that this album has a lot of dance tracks, but all of them are monotone and weak. Her voice is cold and can't express feelings. Why for should I buy this album? There are a lot of dance tracks which are just boring and have weak production. You can hear the weak melodies in the background and you feel as if you are listening to a new band without money. She only had some kind of success in UK and worldwide nobody recognized this album. She is a flop in every country and in UK she is...now. "Catch you" was not my type of music, but it was something new and thats exactly what is missing on "Trip the light fantastic". Ideas and innovative beats, but there is nothing. "Me and my imagination" reminds of "Read my lips" and I liked it, but it was a flop in the UK Single Charts. There was just no interest in her music and this will never ever change again. She has no big ballad or something to show that she can sing. "Today the suns on us" is a good track, but not made for the charts and as a single is was an extreme flop for Sophie in the UK Single Charts. I dont know what is coming next, but I bet she will stop the promotion and record a new album. That would be the best idea for and on this album, because "Trip the light fantastic" is a weak and cold album. She lost a lof of fans in the last 3 years and after her comeback she will have even less.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sophie Ellis Crapster, 30 July 2007
This review is from: Trip The Light Fantastic (Audio CD)
Nice voice,especially for calming stressed Goldfish!!!This was almost as painful as having teeth pulled.Saving grace was If I cant Dance,and only because my kids threatened to cut off my Bagel supply if i didnt say something nice about it....so here goes....its ok!!!
She undoubtably has talent,and her vocals can be outstanding but totally wasted on the dirge she has produced so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS ???, 27 May 2007
This review is from: Trip The Light Fantastic (Audio CD)
Not worth the 1 star i have given it. The Worst Album of 2007,06,05.. do u want me to go on. DON'T BUY!!!!!! it's for your ear's sake !!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Trip The Light Fantastic
Trip The Light Fantastic by Sophie Ellis Bextor (Audio CD - 2007)