4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, and maybe slightly misunderstood.
I see quite a few people saying they have not seen results, or it doesn't work, or it's a waste of money...

Let me make one thing absolutley crystal clear ...

Published 9 months ago by MarkC

3.0 out of 5 stars Caffeine
Published on 14 July 2008 by nobody@nowhere

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, and maybe slightly misunderstood., 15 July 2014
This review is from: MaxiMuscle Thermobol Weight Loss and Definition Formula Tablets - Tub of 90 (Personal Care)

Let me make one thing absolutley crystal clear ...

- You have to be willing to put the effort in, to see the difference. These tablets give you more energy and nothing else. Thus, been able to push yourself further in the gym to lose the weight. If you carry on your exact training regime then you won't see the difference, these tablets give you the extra energy to go that extra mile.

These are aids and not quick fixes guys. A good product if you ask me, as good as anything else out their at the moment.

Headaches are common as the tablet is designed to make you sweat - drink more water and the problem is solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle pills? for some yes, 28 April 2013
I personally found this product extremely good as it helped me to lose a total of 20 pounds in just four weeks. Then again, you will be the person who dictates how much weight you lose. This all comes down to your starting situation and how much you really want it. Firstly i started off at a weight of 164 pounds and given that I'm only 5ft6 this is quite heavy. I'd been doing weight training for around 2 years with relatively low intensity which gave me a reasonable starting point as I would say that i was quite muscular upon starting but i had a layer of fat in some areas that needed to go. Now in week 1, I would say that i did a reasonably light exercise regime(1 5k run, weight training and an hour of walking each day (the commute)) On top of this i kept to a strict diet and I believe that if you wish to lose weight on this pill, diet is key. The idea is that the pill is meant to suppress your appetite and therefore you have to trust that if you lay off the snacks, thermobol will get you through it. For me, it worked in this respect. I understand that it may not have the same effect on everyone but i would put this down to you just not wanting it enough. Week 1 I lost 4 pounds.
Week 2 i increased the exercise regime in that i ran for a total of 10 km the whole week and i stuck to the diet. Week 2 i lost an additional 6 pounds putting the total at 10 pounds.
Week three i admittedly slacked a little on the exercise and the diet (a few more carbohydrates than i should have been eating). Week 3 i lost only 3 pounds.
Week 4, the final week, i stepped up the exercise regime and diet again and i lost 6 pounds.
This shows that it can work. You just have to make it work with a sensible diet and exercise regime. I wasn't killing myself in the gym, I just wasn't walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then going for a sandwich.

Now for the side effects. Many people claim that thermobol has too much caffeine. To that i would say get the caffeine free version. Same ingredients but without the caffeine. This does however mean that if you take it before a gym session you may not have the same increased energy as the regular version. To those who don't wish to take the caffeine free version and are complaining about not being able to sleep. It is because you need to be tactical as to when you take them. I would suggest one before breakfast as soon as you get up, one before lunch and one no later than 5 pm. this will not disrupt your sleeping pattern.

For those who experienced a peak and then a "crash". I would say again get the caffeine free version. For those who are not used to caffeine, the effects of the caffeine are going to be stronger as your body will not be used to it. Therefore if you don't drink coffee or aren't used to caffeine, then get the caffeine free version.

Other side effects that people have been mentioning are increased bowel activities. I personally didn't experience any change but i would not dismiss it as the effects will differ from person to person. Just eat sensible foods.

I personally, did not experience any side effects and thus I would say that these pills really worked for me. Some love them, some hate them. The only way to find out whether they work out for you is to test them. I would suggest however not buying 90 pills in case they don't work. You can get sets of 9 pills from holland and barrett and other drug stores. Do this, stick to a healthy diet and exercise regime and provided you don't have a bad reaction to anything in the pill (this is unlikely given its ingredients) then you are most likely to experience substantial weight loss effects.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no magic pill - and this ain't one either!, 29 Sept. 2010
If you are looking for a magic pill to lose weight effortless, do not buy this product! In fact there is no product which achieves effortless weight loss so keep your money and use it for something else!

Now, if you ARE following a healthy DIET AND EXERCISE regime, Thermobol is likely to help you in the following ways:

a. Increase your metabolism (hence you burn more calories), although bear in mind that this inrease is unlikely to be much. You will achieve FAR MORE by increasing your muscle size (i.e. weight training) because it's muscles that burn more calories when we are not active.

b. Give you the extra energy/kick/focus and stimulation you need (because of huge amounts of caffeine) throughout the day. If for example you are on the "cutting" phase, that is if you are cutting down significantly on calories and weight training. As others have suggested, taking a capsule around 20-30 minutes before exercise (cardio or gym) will help you focus and do the extra repetition or extra mile on the treadmill.

A few words of caution:

1. Yes, it DOES contain LOTS of caffeine and other ingredients which might cause side-effects. So you should consult your doctor before using it and also take it easy, i.e. start with one tablet (with food) and increase as you get used to it.

2. Do NOT use it for extended periods of time (i.e. for more than one month in a row) because you might put extra strain to your heart. Also your body gets used to it and you won't experience as powerful effects as you continue using it. I would recommend long breaks (2-3 months at minimum) between usage and only as a supplement to your general diet and exercise regime.

3. Drink it with PLENTY of water (not too much but at least 1-1.5 glasses, 250-400ml). Start with having it with food and later have it one empty stomach (as intended) if you can "stomach" it.

4. If you are competing (bodybuilding or other sport), check the caffeine levels because my impression is you are exceeding the allowed levels if you have the 3 capsules/day.

5. Be careful not to overdo it! Because of the extra kick you might be tempted to do too much exercise or cardio or other activity because you "feel like it".. Do not! Stick to your training routine otherwise you may destroy muscle tissue or damage your ligaments/body in various ways by overtraining.

Personally I have never had any serious side-effects. Yes it does make it harder to sleep so don't take one at least 6 hours before sleep.

I would recommend this product as I have found it to be very powerful, but with caution! As with any supplement/medicine, consult your doctor, check the label and stop using if you see any adverse effects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very bold blend, 12 Jun. 2013
Maximuscle Thermobol is decent. The weightloss is minimal but the energy boost is noticable. When I ordered it, I was looking for both. The results are not what I anticipated from the product description or some of the other reviews. If you're only needing more energy, it's great. If you're looking to shred pounds, here's my suggestion: Yohimbine. Might sound like a cheap plug but it's legit. The stuff works just the same as the BSN but the weightloss is noticable as well as the boost in energy.

I take green coffee bean extract with a small dose of African mango powder (Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract Plus + FREE African Mango Powder (10:1 Concentration) 50 Grams) and I'm pumped on the results I've had thusfar. I've been using it for a few months on cycles and energy is up as well as my metabolism. A word to the wise though: Follow instructions to the T. You do not need more than what the suggested dose is EVER. There is caffeine in the coffee bean extract so be aware. The stuff is super potent and too much can undo the good you're doing in the gym.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caffeine, 14 July 2008
Contains 153mg of caffeine per tablet. If taking three a day as suggested it's therefore 459mg which equals six cans of Red Bull. If you're combining this with coffee, tea or cola you may not be able to sleep along with all the other possible anxiety related side effects a high dose of caffeine can give. This is just a warning before purchase as it's not really explained anywhere else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the extra push., 6 May 2009
I have been using thermobol for two weeks. But with a strict diet and exercise regime. To be honest the results are what I would have expected even without using thermobol. However, the great thing about thermo is that it gives you the extra energy boost to go to the gym every day. The only down side is the fact that the caffiene makes you stay awake and the most awkward part is that at night you feel tired because of the gym but not sleepy at all. It is a very wierd experience. I recommend this product for all the lazy people like me who need the extra energy required to go to the gym.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the product, concerned by the packaging, 20 May 2014
I have used this product for a while now along with a healthy diet and training routine and so far I feel it has provided me with more energy and I see definite results with regards to weight loss.

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who does not eat well or exercise and is looking for a miracle weight loss solution as you will notice very little results if any.

My only concern with this product is there was cotton wool inside the container with the tablets and I may be wrong but I'm sure this should not be the case. It makes me wonder whether the packaging had been opened and re-sealed perhaps?

If anyone else has experienced this or can confirm that this is normal then please let me know.

1.0 out of 5 stars 22 and athletic, felt as if I was going to have a heart attack, 15 Aug. 2012
I bought these tablets from my gym and I think they do work but are dangerous, Im usually a weight trainer and wanted to cut up my abs for holiday, took these as recommended and when I use to go for a run I had really bad chest pains on my heart side and would have to stop because it would hurt so bad and I though, shizzle my nizzle...
Anyway
I thought may just have been a chest muscle but happened another two times and I checked my pulse and was like 240+ bpm really racing I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack,
The lads at the gym reccomended I stopped taking them so I threw them away and science I've been fine, also had trouble sleeping with them and big tiredness as when you come down off the caffeine high you feel like death,
Also my ass was like a Guinness pump,
If your looking to help loose weight defo best to do the small meals thing and I just eat no carbs after 5 that I'm not gonna burn off, and change my refined carbs to brown carbs, eg. Brown rice, brown bread etc... As processed carbs make your brain release high insulin which I guess may contribute to diabetes...
I was gonna go for the caffeine free version but seeing as a tub of 30 lasts 10 days and maxi muscle are robbing ba*ta*ds and there protein products totally suck with there half empty tubs for top dollar.... Choose a different brand....I reccomended pharma whey, can't remember what the company's called but I use to use that all the time, defo the best....
I don't think maxi muscle will stop selling these till some poor mug dies....

4.0 out of 5 stars Kick start your metabolism and lose them stubborn lbs!, 3 Mar. 2011
I have used various types of diet pills in the past but this is the first herbal pill that actually works.
It doesn't give you the zoned out, fidgety feeling of an ECA stack or T5 but still gives you the warm feeling and motivation to push yourself harder in the gym.

The green capsules are quite big but they go down okay with plenty of water. Be sure to drink about 2L per day as you feel dehydrated especially during exercise.

I have been taking them for a week and not been going to the gym (I renew my membership next week) yet still lost 2lbs and you can tell it has come mostly off my stomach which I find really tough to shift.

To all the reviewers that say there is no such thing as a miracle pill, there ARE some out there but these tend to be highly caffinated, contain some illegal substance (in the US) and used by body builders but you have to put effort in to it. You won't achieve maximum results unless you combine it with cardio and a good amount of weight training.

I find that weight sometimes comes off too quickly when using ECA stacks of T5's but with Thermobol it comes off at a manageable rate and one I can control.

A good tip is to avoid taking Thermobol after 5pm as this may disrupt your sleep pattern, but everyone is different. Another tip is to take them in cycles, I take them 2-3 times during the week and have weekends off in cycles of 8 weeks then have a 2 week break.

Thermobol is trusted and from a reputable company unlike the ones you may find in back street body building gyms. I would fully recommend them to any one looking for that extra push to shift those stubborn pounds in fat you have stored. Buy them now for a great summer bikini body!

4.0 out of 5 stars it works!, 17 July 2010
i ordered this item through amazon (i'm a loyal customer)- thermobol but for some reasons it didnt arrive. First time for an amazon order not to arrive - so in a way, i blame the supplier, not amazon. it took more than a month to get a refund (since they have to investigate with the supplier) but it's all good now. i finally had my refund after 1.5 months. I'm here to write about the product - which i bought in argos in the end. a bit more expensive but at least i get it on the same day!! i started going to exercise classes since end of april - i began to notice some change in measurements but my weight stayed the same (frustrating). from the net, someone said thermobol a fatburner might help. so, i thought i try it. i've been using thermobol for a month. i'm very pleased with the fact that i can cut down my portions and avoid snacking (i tried weightwatchers and got the 10% goal, but i can't keep up eating such small portions based on willpower only :( i go to step classes twice a week. i followed the advice which you will read in other reviews ie. start taking two only at the start until you know the effect it has on your body.i take one in the morning and another one half hour before lunch, don't take after 3pm in the beginning unless you're clubbing and need to remain awake past midnight. on the odd ocassions, i will get heartburn but it will pass. you will naturally drink lots of water (you feel thirsty) and you need to. Anyway, after using thermobol for a month (two tablets a day) and two exercise classes a week, i am happy to share that i can now wear a size 8 fitted jacket (from size 14/12) and size 12 jeans getting lose. if you need help to shift some pounds combinng with some exercises, you should try thermobol. i will advise against taking this if you don't do any exercise. I also have bought thermopure (another brand) which has similar content for half the price but haven't tried yet as i need to finish my first thermobol bottle. i will write again once i've tried that. good luck!!

MaxiMuscle Thermobol Weight Loss and Definition Formula Tablets - Tub of 90