Like most places will tell you, this sounds a lot like 70's music. I agree, but it has a modern twist to it, so dont be afraid if you arent keen on 70's. Go back a couple of months, this band were hardly known, but now, they've played rockness alongside the automatic, manic st preachers, and... Daft Punk. Not bad for a start, eh? I was lucky to get to see tiny dancers at rockness, and they were amazing, so when they released this, I snapped it up. Heres the tracks:
1) 20 to 9 - possibly the weakest song of the album; a bit dull to be honest. Dont skip it, but when you're past it, the album takes off. This is a good song to start live shows though.
2)I will wait for you - Excellent - terrifyingly catchy, you'll listen to this a few times.
3) Baby Love - not bad, not great. its not very catchy, but good in its own right.
4) Shame - a nice song, really. shows the singers skill, and a nice, polished song.
5) Ashes & Diamonds - A slow, pop-rock ballad; really shows the skill they have for writing and playing.
6) Bonfire of the night - when this is live, it is [no word strong enough]. The whole audience are clapping the beat, and the odd person tries to join in the chorus (failing). Even listening to the CD, you'll probably find yourself clapping along!
7) Moonsong 2 - Kinda reminds me of David Bowie; cant be bad! Well written, and one of the many "proper" songs of the album.
8) Hannah, we know - they did right to release this; an excellent mix of catchy music & beat with a fully filled out song that doesnt get boring; perhaps one of the best.
9) Hemsworth Hallway - Another good "proper" song - one of the best written here; one of the most original here as well. Might take you a couple of listens, but you will eventually get hooked. Bands in the near future will probably imitate this sort of thing to death, and you'll know: "Tiny Dancers did that first".
10)Sun goes down - moody, yet catchy. another original song, with a stunning chorus.
11) I've got to go - Again, catchy, but fully developed. Some great singing again, with some great harmony's
12) Deep Water - A REALLY original song; goes quickly from calming, to powerful, then back, and back again. Well written, with well played music, and some electric sounds added make it complete, finishing the album.