5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:00 Mins
A review of the and its features.
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by TheT3chGuy

2.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandys... what a disappointing month.
Published on 21 Feb 2010 by Mrs. L. Russon

2.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandys... what a disappointing month., 21 Feb 2010
Mrs. L. Russon (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skullcandy Skullcrushers SC-SCB Bass Vibration Headphones - Black Pinstripe (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
I have given the item 2 stars, they are brilliant and amazing, the bass is awesome for all kinds of music. However after less than 3 weeks the Subwoofer stopped working entirely (No matter how many new batterys i bought) then a week after the left speaker died... not what I expect for £45+ overall... less than a month of good use, and before all the problems the cable has started too rip just after the woofer controls. Now I'm trying to claim warranty and repair for them, Skullcandy are making me deal with some.net company. really not what I expected from such a well rated brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!!, 7 Sep 2010
Length:: 4:00 Mins

A review of the and its features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive, 18 May 2010
Stephen Jacob "Gung Ho Afro" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I'm the type of person that spends countless hours each week on his iPod listening to music, podcasts etc. Due to my audio addiction I've gone through quite a number of different headphones but in all honesty I've never had one as dependable as the Skullcrusher. I'll get the two minor cons out of the way, (1) The bass amplifier sucks battery life like there's no tomorrow but I have rechargeable batteries so there's not much trouble there, (2)something about the way they're designed makes me conscious of them breaking quite easily. Mine haven't broken yet but I just feel like if even the slightest amount of weight is put on them then, SNAP! But I keep them off chairs, away from kids etc. just to keep safe.

The pros render the cons almost obsolete , (1) these things are called 'skullcrushers' for a reason and I'm not exaggerating, they are LOUD. Example, my friend came into my room the other day while I had them on with my back turned from the door and I had no idea she was there, nearly gave me a heart attack. They're loud without the bass but insanely loud with it. (2) The sound quality is amazing thanks to the cushion design covering the phones themselves. It blocks out any static interference or irregular sounds. They also serve as excellent earmuffs in cold weather although they're not favourable to wear in hot weather. (3) The cable is quite long, around 3 metres I think, so no need for taller folks to worry. (4) They are a couple of cushions right under the top of the headphones that prevent discomfort to your head.

All in all they're probably the best set of headphones I've come across to date, they're dependable, loud, comfy and generously priced. There is a 12-month warranty on every single one whether it was purchased from Skullcandy's website or elsewhere and you can activate your warranty on said website. Anyone that loves alone time with their mp3 player should seriously consider getting them, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the sound quality, but hate the bulky battery pack!, 30 Oct 2009
My only real problem with these headphones is the huge battery pack for the Bass Vibration, it's about the size of a cheap MP3 player and has been placed in the middle of the wires. Which means it swings around and feels clumsy when wearing them outside. Apart from that, the sound quality is pretty decent with the Bass turned on, but not so good with it turned off (with the bass turned off these don't sound any better than my £10 in-ear headphones). If you notice the sound crackles with the bass turned on, then try a new battery, this worked for me. I like the free replacement lifetime warranty (for natural wear and tear) that comes with these and should you break them by another means, like throwing them into a wall or dropping them down the loo, then they'll replace them with 50% off the original price. I used these to watch a movie on my laptop and with all the candy turned on (so to speak) it really did sound like I was in the action, the bass vibration is the only feature that gives these headphones any real credit. As a final note I should also mention that they do block out external noise pretty well, I can't hear myself singing with them on, thankfully!

4.0 out of 5 stars OMG the vibrations are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!, 13 May 2009
Nathan Tse - See all my reviews
The actual headphones are pretty average, but when the bass switch is turned on the sound will literally shake your head. The bass booster amplifies does actually enhance the bass, however if turned up too high it ends up to be ridiculous. The amplification becomes unbearable and it will make you actually take them off. Overall the sound from it is pretty hollow when the bass amplifier is turned off but when turned on, it will blow your mind. If you like hip-hop/rap, drum and bass or dance music i would recommend entirely, however if you are an indie/rock kind of guy it would be recommended to find other headphone that will compliment the genre, such as the Ultimate Ears Super Fi series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy Skullcrushers SC-SCB Bass Vibration Headphones, 29 Aug 2010
I bought these as a birthday present for my little sister. I was worried they wouldn't arrive in time as I hadn't left myself a lot of time but they did. And they get top marks. The sound quality is amazing, they look good, not as bulky as I thought they might be and love how they cleverly fold down to such a neat size. I'm really glad that I shelled out the extra cash to get the Skullcrushers instead of the lowriders which had gotten bad reviews. Youtube was really helpful helping me make up my mind what ones to go for. As my little sis joked once you go skullcandy you never go back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skullcrusher's, 17 Sep 2008
I bought a set of these back in january and what a pair of headphones! superb quality and the bass is imence! but recentally when i put the subs into full swing they have started to buzz n' crackle, dont know if its from having the bass right up for too long or if they have had a knock thats losend something inside, trying to claim off the warrenty atm, but i would still recomend them and will deffinatly be getting another set!

3.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile, but don't expect miracles., 3 Aug 2011
The skullcandy skullcrushers, a set of bass headphones designed for ravers in mind, they stay on your head very easily yet they are rather compact when folded away and the built in subwoofer adds to the intensity of the bass for those dubstep and techno beats, or perhaps even the bass guitar for your rock or heavy metal songs? This is all nice and proper but what happens when you use them for long periods? And how about the lifespan of the product? Well you see, that's were it goes downhill.
I've been using the Skullcrushers for 8 months now, since christmas which was when I recieved them. And only a week or so ago did i start getting very annoying sound problems. Very large feedback from the headset itself, and turning up the subwoofer just creates a large and very frustrating crackling sound. i can assure you they haven't recieved any water damage and have been very well looked after, however they still seem to get these problems. And I know 8 months sounds like a long time, however I expect headphones, when well looked after, to last alot longer than that, I don't want to have to continously buy new headphones everytime my previous ones break, as I'm now going to have to do for these skullcrushers.
Probably the most frustrating thing is how long you can keep them on your head before having to take them off. Now this may seem like a very basic thing and that it shouldn't matter. Well unless you have a head of steel and feel no pain in your head, your not going to be able to use these headphones for periods any longer than 3 hours or so. Now for a lesiurely jog around town or just chilling listening to music now and again that's fine, and the cushioned earpeices feel quite comfy for some time. But I use them as headphones for my PC which I'm on at least 4 or 5 hours a day, the headphones start to really grip your head and either give you a really bad headache or ear ache, sometimes both. Whereas headphones like skullcandy lowriders for example, you can keep them on for very long periods of time as they don't put pressure on your head (I'm not saying buy lowriders, there terrible).
One other negative point is the design. It's very thin, which makes it very compact and easy to carry round, which I guess is a good thing. But one wrong bend or if you accidentally sit on them, they will break. The headrest has tiny little cushions that do nothing to comfort your head or protect the headphones, and the main body design is so flimsy a 2 year old child could most probably snap the whole headset into two peices!
That said, the audio quality when the headphones work is great with the 5.1 surround sound system. And they stick to your head like glue, so if you like headbanging to your rock or dancing around with glowsticks to some trance, these headphones have you covered. And the subwoofer offers some great bass enhancing to the headset, the effect varies on certains songs though, so you may want to keep it handy to turn the bass up or down whenever the need should arrise.

-POSITIVE-

- Short Lifespan
- Not Ideal For Long Sessions
- The Design Is Very Flimsy, Easily Broken

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fair Review, 13 Aug 2010
Ok, When i bought these headphones i wasnt sure what to expect even after reading every review the internet has to offer. I am no music producer but i do know what im talking about when it comes to sound quality. The fact is, these scullcrushers dont produce an awfull sound quality that other reviews may have you believe. They dont have the quality of Bose or seinhesser but for £30-40 they are very good. With the bass boost off the sound is very tinny and lackluster but when turned on it is alot better. its not as amazing as people have made out but it aint bad. bassically it vibrates your ears while adding a bit more bass.
The sound leakage for the Scullcrushers is quite poor but background blockout is very good. you cant hear yourself shouting!

In summary; you could decide to spend £100 on some really top notch headphones but they just wont have the aesthetic appeal of the skullcandys.
So long as your not expecting amazing sound then these headphones wont dissapoint. Decent sound, great comfort and they just look so cool, for £30 they are fantastic.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent, 16 Sep 2009
Daniel Wong "Sound Junkie Wannabe Gamer" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a very good set of headphones- however, to truly appreciate them you need to set your graphic equaliser differently to each type of music I've found. The subwoofers are very cool, and vibrate like crazy, I've never felt a pair of headphones like this, and the noise cancelling is very good too.

The subwoofers are where the main problem lies however. Their frequency range (or how high and low they can go for those not in the know) is quite low, so the top range of bass in some songs requires a lot of boosting from the EQ. The bass also sounds like a bit of 'ramble', i.e. not actually following the bassline- it just rumbles in some songs, which is quite annoying tbh.

One other problem is the build quality feels a tiny bit cheap, it's very, VERY plasticy, and since the shape of my head is quite big, I have to stretch them quite a bit to put them on, which i imagine will lead to breakage in the future! I also find the way they stick out a bit at the earcup hinges annoying.

Which brings me onto another point- they're quite fiddly to actually put on, because they're foldable headphones and hinges are everywhere, it keeps folding the wrong way when you put it round your neck! Hanging them round your neck when talking to people is a bit uncomfortable too, if you're a guy like me with a thick neck (muscle!! not fat!! :p)

However these flaws are overshadowed simply by HOW AMAZING THESE HEADPHONES ARE! the sound, when you get it right, is really not half bad, not like other skullcandy head/earphones, which have a distinctly lacklustre sound, with poor mid ranges and not very convincing bass.

All in all I do like these headphones, they're quite cool and awesome at times, but there are lots of flaws too, so this gets a 3/5 from me! If only they made it in a Digi-Camo style body, then it'll be easier to actually use!

I'd recommend these headphones to anyone if they don't mind the slightly odd looks, or have a big hairstyle, and don't mind messing around with the equaliser on their mp3/hifi/whatever. Oh and you'd probably find them easier to use if you have a smaller head and neck!