5.0 out of 5 stars This will be the reference guide on OBE for years to come.
Published on 2 Jun. 2000 by ahighe@alpine.net

2.0 out of 5 stars Too personalised to bare!!
Having read the reviews ... I was convinced that this book would be the definitive source of fact and technique. However, Buhlman seems more committed to recounting incident after incident, than offering an explanatory insight to the subject. It is not often that I skip pages of a book, but here, I found myself skipping whole sections. If you want a book of descriptive...
Published on 11 Nov. 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be the reference guide on OBE for years to come., 2 Jun. 2000
The Out-of-Body-Experience is something that must be experienced first hand to be truly believed. We can climb one mountain and from it know, in a small but significant way, what it must be like to conquer Denali, K2, or Everest. We can watch a documentary or read a book and get a "feel" for what such an adventure is like. It's not so for OBEs. You gotta be there. BUT... if there is one book that brings you right to the threshold of this experience its this one. William Buhlman recounts his own countless explorations in minute detail from his first attempt to leave this plain. Everything from simple walking around the room to going deep inside your own "self" to exploring the vast expanses of a multi-dimensional universe. Most refreshing is that the book is done from the scientific point of view while never for a moment leaving out the wonder and awe that is an OBE. And while the subject is inherently "metaphysical" Buhlman strives to keep the discussion in the realm of conventional science, steering clear of the occult. From particle physics to the joy of flying, nothing is left out. Quantum physics is just now starting to discover the true nature of the universe and our own existence. After reading Buhlman's book you'll be ready prove these things beyond any doubt in your mind. You'll be Newton and Columbus, Albert Einstein and Neil Armstrong. This book is for anyone remotely interested in the subject and is a must to give to the skeptical.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Astral Travel Bible!, 8 May 2000
By A Customer
Being interested in the occult, life after death and related matters for years, and after wasting much time (and money) on at least a dozen other books about OOBE's, I finally found this brilliant work. Buhlman's descriptions are so easy to read....I felt as if one of my friends was sitting there teaching the subject to me, totally unlike many of the other pretentious, self-absorbed works that are available.
You don't have to read the entire book to know that Buhlman is correct. Many of the initial phases of an OOBE will be so familiar to experiences that most people have already had that your doubts will be quickly dispelled.
I cannot speak too highly of this book, and I can guarantee you that, if you follow the methods listed, this book will have a more profound effect upon you than anything else you've ever read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage of Astral Projection and OOBEs, 4 Feb. 1999
By A Customer
The most well known author of this genre is Robert Munroe, whose Gateway Programme is designed to enhance your ability to travel out of the body - Astral projection. This book is even better than those of Munroe. It gives specific infomration on how to do it, by building your ability to control your natural OOBEs - your dreams. The most important information in this book is that about "Consensus Environments" and the Thought Responsive Universe in which we live. At teh gross physical plane in which we live, it takes some time for our thoughts to create physical manifestation - hence we dont notice it unless you become conscious of this and start to use your thoughts more carefully and directedly. In the "astral" non physical planes, your thoughts affect the environment around you much more immediately - the book describes this well. According to Buhlman, when we die, we tend to go to a Consensus Environment - a thought form, peopled by people who think like us - it iwll be our reality of "heaven" or "hell", based on what we THINK it will be like - because it is thought responsive! Most of us are unaware that this is just a "shell" environment if you like and there is a much huger non physical universe out there to explore. This book seeks to give you that information so you are aware and do not unconsciously die, go to "heaven" or "hell" and are reborn into the physical without conscious choice of how you want to live your next life. Criminals beware - you will go to a place peopled by entities just like you, unless you change your ways - and there are no hapless victims there. If the information in this book is correct - and the only way for you to find out whther it is or not is to follow the OOBE instructions to experience this for yourself - it is THE MOST IMPORTANT knowledge that should be everyone's birthright.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Astral Travel Bible!, 19 Dec. 1999
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be the reference guide on OBE for years to come., 13 Jun. 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must......., 3 July 1999
By A Customer
The content of this book makes the reader open his mind to many, many possibilities. It is far more enlightening and informative than Robert Munroes books and instills an overwhelming positive attitude toward the subject matter. The key to the book is the encouragement and guidance it gives you to attempt OOBEs yourself.
You will never regret purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 7 July 2013
A very thorough, yet at the same time very down-to-earth and practical book. It both explains the out-of-body phenomena and gives all kinds of guidelines to explore it for yourself. I do believe, as Buhlman says, that this is the next step in our human evolution. One that we can bring about ourselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars eye opener, 2 Jan. 2014
Mr. Andrew G. Freezer (Dover UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book, The author with a science background, although a sceptic on such things did the exercises and achieved a out of body experiance. (its not difficult) then applied logic and common sense to explain what was happening. The experiance changed his view of the universe and I agree with every word of it. Dont read new age mumbo jumbo try this one. If you have an interest in religion/ spirituality give this a go. After your first OBE you will join the ranks of those who dont believe they know. This book has been a great help to me and my thanks go out to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 25 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed this book from an author who is both inspirational and dynamic. he has cut through all the deadwood to bring back a truth from his out of the body experiences and journeys over many years that blow away all the myths of the past and give the reader a much better understanding of the nature of reality and how each of us can embark on our own spiritual adventure to gain real knowledge and truth and have a much better understanding of who we really are, where we come from and where we go when we leave this life. there is so much truth and wisdom written here that it takes a little while to absorb both the magnitude and simplicity of the beauty of our true self and the creative spark in each and every one of us to empower us by learning about our true nature. all that has been written in religions and mysticism makes a lot more sense after reading this, but the difference is his direct approach which is both empowering and mind-expanding. it really does make you look again and see things in a completely different light. I thank the author for his knowledge, wisdom and natural teaching gifts.

4.0 out of 5 stars keep an open mind, 13 Sept. 2013
R. Welch (UK) - See all my reviews
i read this since i like to think that i have an open mind. The claims made are quite incredible - most people can apparently have out-of-body experiences if they are not too prdjudiced against the idea. Its a fascinating iea and an interesting ,if slightly repetitive at times, read. Buhlman suggests you need around a month of practice to acheive results if you work at it. It took me two days to have a lucid dream as a direct result so I was happy - maybe you will be too !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›