5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and versatile sling
I can't rate this highly enough. With a small, colicky and refluxy baby who insists on being held upright all day, I was desperate for something to hold him securely and comfortably, whilst freeing up my arms and relieving the stress on my back. We had tried a Baby Bjorn carrier which somehow wasn't comfortable for him being so small.
I had been anxious about trying...
Published on 4 Jan 2010 by poppy

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
Published 13 months ago by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and versatile sling, 4 Jan 2010
I had been anxious about trying a fabric wrap in case it wasn't secure and it looked complicated to use. I need not have worried - this wrap is easy to tie, and I feel he is safe in it. It's a lovely soft yet sturdy fabric, and as it's just a long length of fabric, it will fit all people. Once tied, I can keep it on and slip him in and out of it as necessary without untying/retying it. He seems to fall asleep in it quite quickly when I move around with him in the wrap, and is a useful way of dealing with the overtired inconsolable crying which we sometimes get.
The way it is tied uses your whole back, making it more comfy than some other slings I've tried, and I can wear it for a number of hours quite easily.
The only slight niggle is the head support - until the baby can support his own head, you have to tuck it under one of the side "arms", which he doesn't like when awake as he can't see and his head is not in the neutral position, so I support it with one hand until he falls asleep. Once asleep though he seems pretty comfy with his head tucked in as recommended.
I'm really glad I bought this wrap, especially as he won't grow out of it for a while (30lbs apparently). The chocolate colour is richly beautiful too.

5.0 out of 5 stars moby wrap, 6 Jun 2009
This review is from: Moby Wrap, Indigo (Baby Product)
excellent product!Used first time when my son was two weeks old and he slept really comfortably in it.I even breastfed him in it without anyone knowing what i was doing

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Moby Wrap Solid, Black (Baby Product)
Genuine Moby Wraps are NOT manufactured in China ... please DO NOT trust unauthorised retailers hiding behind Amazon and using Amazon Prime to sell cheap copies!! Authorised UK Moby (Amazon) retailers can be confirmed by contacting the UK Distributor or checking the Moby.com store locator. PLEASE keep your babies safe and buy genuine, EU tested Moby's from authorised Moby retailers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 31 May 2014
I am disapointed as this is a FAKE. The real thing is 100% cotton, this one has spandex in it which makes it too loose so baby ends up in a akward position and it does not feel secure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Moby Wrap, 18 April 2011
I bought this wrap for my sister after doing lots of web searches and talking to a variety of different wrap users, it arrived when her baby was 3 weeks old. She tells me that is Great and didn't have a problem with the tying, etc; although it does take a little practice. She has not yet tried it as a back pack as my niece is still too young.
Pro's:
* It is not too warm which is good as she lives in Spain
* My niece is peaceful and quiet whenever she is in it which is not always the case in the buggy
* The New Born wrap recommendations mean that you can safely pick things up from the floor without losing the baby
* Her husband also likes the wrap and is happy to wear it out and about.
Minor Cons are that:
* It is a long piece of material and although it washes easily drying can be interesting.
* The material has a little 'stretch' in it which is why you have to practice tying it to get it just right.
Hope this helps

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of FAKES, 21 May 2013
Bought through amazon (one of their sellers on market place) a few months ago, was not very happy with the quality of the material compared to my friends, this made me suspicious. I contacted the UK distributor who confirmed my fears that what I had bought was a fake, meaning that it had undergone no safety tests, and as the quality of the material was poor was unlikely to be safe to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best sling for all ages, 21 Oct 2009
This review is from: Moby Wrap Solid, Black (Baby Product)
I have tried quite a few different slings, ordinary carriers, Babasling, Hugababy sling and have found the Moby Wrap is by far the best sling. It is comfortable whatever age or size your baby or toddler is and it is so easy to use. It is the only sling that i could carry my baby in once she got to about 5mths without getting back ache, she is now 1yr and i still use it occasionally. It is actually a long piece of soft stretchy material and would be possible to make yourself easily. It is perfect for newborns, i used it all the time around the house and you can even put twins in it when they are small. I would recommend this sling to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab carrier @ a fab price!, 15 Jan 2009
Ms. Sarah J. Carter (Guernsey, Channel Isles) - See all my reviews
I bought this carrier from Amazon a couple of weeks ago after having a few 'technical difficulties' with a standard carrier. I would say it is 'simple to use' rather than 'basic' (it is only a long length of fabric) but it is very quick and easy to secure and tie. I also feel that my nine week old son is safe and enjoys being in the wrap, and its also handy for keeping in the car for trips out (not sure how weatherproof it would be though). The wrap also came with full instructions as to how to use the carrier in different ways, which will be handy as my son gets older. Overall its great value for money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great wrap (not for everyone), 27 July 2009
S. Russ - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moby Wrap, Indigo (Baby Product)
This is a great product for small, colicky babies. If you have a large baby it might not be such a good idea. I have a large baby and have found that after a while my back aches and I get hot. You certainly need patience as it does take practice. I haven't used this product much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver when travelling!, 5 April 2013
I bought this sling because I was taking a long haul flight alone with my three month old baby. It was a life saver! It meant I could check in the buggy and because it is material, I could continue wearing baby through airport scanners. Have tried ergo baby and baby bjorn slings and this is definitely the most comfortable as it seems to distribute the weight of the baby evenly. It also looks really cool too!

Moby Wrap Solid, Black