5.0 out of 5 stars excellent machine provided all you want is music
At the time of writing this review there are 68 others already on here, but I thought I would tell you of my own experience with the ipod shuffle.

I go the gym and used to have a MP3 player - just a basic "memory stick" type that I plugged into my computer to recharge and I could drag & drop songs onto. Unfortunately it died so it was time to look for a new...
Published on 15 Oct 2007 by Gary Hilton

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old from Apple
Published on 9 Sep 2007 by Mr. Ian D. Pickles

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ipod and delivery but sent wrong charger, 18 July 2013
Jessica (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
Received my ipod 6 days after ordering, packaged very securely, so far everything is in good working order. Unfortunately they sent a charger that doesn't fit the ipod but this didn't matter to me as I already have another ipod so I can use the charger from that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grreat lil thing, 23 Dec 2008
Mr. M. A. Guy "reikazen" (england isle of wight) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
I brought one of these a few months ago and it has served me very well , I urged people to go buy one of these if they cant afford a bigger better ipod or want something that they dont mind losing , as these are really cheap!

Its served me so well , considering ive gone out drinking with it , to college , and on holiday ,and it still works fine , other then the crappy ipod headphones which have recently have become abit naff , but im going to replace them with sommin better and thats to be expected considering how long I have used them.

Go get one of these ! there brill!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 16 Jan 2008
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
love the colour, love the size, love everything about this little purple mp3 player. sound quality is excellent, and have never had any problem with the headphones falling out. the battery lasts ages. took me a while to get used to itunes but find it easy peasy now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old from Apple, 9 Sep 2007
Mr. Ian D. Pickles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
Nothing new to be seen with this new-labelled MP3 player from Apple. Now in its second hyear of release, the Shuffle is starting to pale in comparison to competitors such as the Zen Stone Plus, which offers greater capacity and features at a lower cost. However, this MP3 player itself is mostly faultless, and though it may not be the best deal out there cannot actually be faulted for quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Dec 2007
CeeJay (Cumbria, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
I have just bought this item as a gift and sat down to set it up for the recipient. Firstly, the website given on the first page to start the process did not exist. So, with no guidance I went to the "full features guide" site named on the first page. I went into the manual for help which mentioned on page 30 (of 35) that to register the iPod I would have to install iTunes onto my computer. This I proceeded to do only to find that I would need a Broadband connection (which incidentally I cannot receive where I live). So I clicked "download the installation" to see what would happen if I tried to download anyway. A download time of more than five hours was displayed... They must be joking. The gift will be given, and the recipient can choose what to do, but it has certainly deterred me from purchasing this kind of item for myself and it might end up being returned. New technology is only worthwhile if it saves time, not wastes it. I think I'll stick with my Walkman.

Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple