5.0 out of 5 stars excellent machine provided all you want is music
At the time of writing this review there are 68 others already on here, but I thought I would tell you of my own experience with the ipod shuffle.

Published on 15 Oct 2007 by Gary Hilton

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old from Apple
Nothing new to be seen with this new-labelled MP3 player from Apple. Now in its second hyear of release, the Shuffle is starting to pale in comparison to competitors such as the Zen Stone Plus, which offers greater capacity and features at a lower cost. However, this MP3 player itself is mostly faultless, and though it may not be the best deal out there cannot actually be...
Published on 9 Sep 2007 by Mr. Ian D. Pickles

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent machine provided all you want is music, 15 Oct 2007
Gary Hilton "ursinebrute" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)

I go the gym and used to have a MP3 player - just a basic "memory stick" type that I plugged into my computer to recharge and I could drag & drop songs onto. Unfortunately it died so it was time to look for a new one. Now I was undecided whether to buy a basic model by a less well known company, or go for a leading name. It seems to me that if you're prepared to go for a relatively unknown manufacturer you can get a basic mp3 player for half the price with twice the memory, but eventually after much deliberation I plumped for the apple ipod shuffle, swayed by a combination of the reputation of apple & (hopefully) a better build quality.

I have had it just over a week now and I think I have made the right decision.

Yes, there is no screen, but I knew that when I bought it. I know from my prior experience at the gym that I just tend to switch it on and let it play so I didn't really need one. Also, I have a mobile phone that takes pictures, plays videos, games etc and I hardly use any of those features so I figured I wouldn't need a screen to watch tiny videos on. The earphones are great - several reviwers say they fall out but I've used mine on the treadmill, rower, cross trainer, exercise bike and wave machine and they've stayed in throughout! I've got about 14 hours out of it before I had to recharge which is impressive, and although initially I missed the simplicity of the "drag & drop" method of my old mp3 player, its just a question of getting used to itunes and once you have it seems simple enough.

All in all, an excellent purchase and having never had any previous experience of apple or ipods I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 10 April 2008
foxcylady - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
Just received one of these little babies for my birthday. Its just wonderful, sound quality is amazing, quality of product excellent, easy to use and just about the best mp3 player I have owned.

After half an hour and for me thats fast had downloaded all my songs clipped her neatly into place and was pounding the streets.

Would recommend to anyone, for the price well worth a look at.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shuffle is a winner for me!, 16 Mar 2008
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
Having considered getting an iPod Shuffle for a while, I was recently surprised at the new low price (probably because the 2GB was about to appear) so bought one for use at the gym, plus a Nano for my husband and I to share when travelling etc. The Shuffle has proved to be excellent for gym use. It is very light, the earphones - which I thought might be a problem - are surprisingly OK and do stay in without any problems during cycling, the cross trainer and treadmill/running. There isn't a screen, but if you buy it knowing this then it's fine. For workout purposes, I have put tracks on it from my own CDs - tracks that I know energise and inspire me to have a great workout! I either work through the tracks as they play, or 'shuffle' them and get a good mixture of tracks which is brilliant. You don't need to look at a screen anyway if you're working out!! I have struggled with transferring tracks on to both the Shuffle and Nano, and found it to be very time consuming, but once it's on there that's it. Just switch on and enjoy!! :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Workout buddy, 13 Sep 2007
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
I have had the IPod Shuffle 2nd generation for nearly a year now and I cant fault it at all. The battery life is great, once a month I charge the shuffle and thats me working out approx 4 times a week. I have read comments concerning the clip on the shuffle but Ive never experienced any problems, fair enough if you clip it hanging on your clothes it will fall off when your running but thats easily resolved by clipping it the other way ie onto the waistband of your shorts

The sound is perfectly fine, size is ideal, to me this is the perfect workout mp3 player, holds enough songs and yes fair enough you cant see what song is coming on and you cant go to a song easily however it is a shuffle and not designed for playlists etc, thats what the Ipod Nano's are designed for.

If your wanting a mp3 for the gym to me this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and unbeatable value for money, 24 May 2008
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
Why some people choose to dismiss this player or moan about it's lack of features is beyond me! It's simply brilliant! I use mine purely for the gym, so where else could you expect to get 250 tunes on an mp3 player which is lightweight can clip on your pocket and not even know it's there and not have to worry about breaking it? I used to take my 30gig ipod with me to the gym and after it falling off the equipment so many times and bearing in mind it usually fell onto something made of cast metal, not ideal really when you have a screen to break! So the fact that it doesn't have a screen is a bonus for me cos it's less to worry about and why are you ever likely to want more than 100 let alone 250 tunes on it when you can simply change them anytime you like on itunes. I just load them on press play finish my session at the gym turn it off and next time I turn it on it starts where I left off and you can choose the order you want them to play in itunes or press the shuffle feature if you fancy a random playlist for a change. As for those who question the sound quality, well I load less tunes on mine but at 320kbps which is cd quality and mine sounds superb, so if you are going to put tunes on it which are 128kbps or less you can only expect some deteriation in sound quality! Yes the headphones aren't exactly B&O but I don't really need to listen to 5.1 surround sound when i'm at the gym so for me they are more than adequate. I ask you where else can you get all those ingenious features for £32? Fantastic bit of kit for the right application!

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for music on the move, 26 Aug 2008
D. Simpson "bookworm" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
I have had an Ipod 1st Generation (dropped in river so came to sad end), now have a 2nd generation which i love, use loads, but mainly sits on speakers in my kitchen. Love Apple products (hubby has Ipod Touch too) so thought would try out a shuffle for when i walk my dog. Am so happy with it, have downloaded my favourite tracks from Ipod 2nd generation, and it is fantastic. Had to change the headphones, but that's just a personal preference, i just can't get on with those earphones that Apple supply that 'sit in the ear'. Fantastic sound, no jumping, have no problem with the clip - it sits comfortably on waistband, never falls off. Not so sure that it would be so secure if i was jogging, but i just use it when walking. But for £32 to hold 200+ of my favourite songs I think you just can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hype well deserved., 24 Oct 2007
Litha (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
It's not often I give in to the latest trends or fashions, but this one slip up turned out to be a winner.

The sound quality is fantastic and it's so light I barely notice I'm wearing it. The head phones are comfortable and the snazzy purple is cool. Now those long walks home are more fun.
I'm glad I gave in this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On The Tin, 25 Jun 2008
Charles Vasey (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
If you're the sort who likes to have their gadjets big enough to flaunt or so you can easily bore your fellow Dan Dare reading chums with the latest stuff then the Shuffle may not do the trick. It does not have a screen or a keyboard and it doesn't make tea in the morning. Smaller than a matchbox or book of stamps, and clipping on to your clothes, it simply delivers top level music (shuffled or unshuffled) for someone with a moderate desire for their library. And it does it for around thirty quid.

Its limitations are clearly size of library, and then there's finding it if you've put it down somewhere. Other than that, it is spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grreat lil thing, 23 Dec 2008
Mr. M. A. Guy "reikazen" (england isle of wight) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
I brought one of these a few months ago and it has served me very well , I urged people to go buy one of these if they cant afford a bigger better ipod or want something that they dont mind losing , as these are really cheap!

Its served me so well , considering ive gone out drinking with it , to college , and on holiday ,and it still works fine , other then the crappy ipod headphones which have recently have become abit naff , but im going to replace them with sommin better and thats to be expected considering how long I have used them.

Go get one of these ! there brill!

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple (Electronics)
very good value for the money easy to load music, just the job for the gym or running fits in the little pocket in shorts or trainer bottoms.

Apple iPod shuffle 1GB purple