4.0 out of 5 stars Cribs best so far
Following up `The new Fellas' was always going to be a difficult job for the Cribs, so I approached this album with anticipation but didn't get my hopes too high.

The fact that they have bettered an album that was one of the best in 2005 is some achievement - the production may still not be all there, but I think that adds to their charm, and the tunes...
Published on 21 Jun 2007 by J. T. Brennan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but gets repetitive
There is no denying that this is a good album that is filled with some good quality songs. The start of the album starts off brilliantly but by the time it ggets to the track Womans Needs, it starts to lose polish and just trails off.

Published on 29 Nov 2007 by G. L. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Was a Pressi, 2 Feb 2009
P. Fairley (England, Newcastle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
I bought this for my girlfriend, i'm not there biggest fan but she loved it. She listens to it all the time, i supose it is all about the person, but she would rekomed it to anyone, she still trying to convince me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ticks all the right boxes- Brilliant *****, 1 Jan 2008
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
This album for me is amazing and it comes from the most underrated band around! I was eagerly anticipating the third album having purchased their other two. It did not let me down. It's totally full of hits- I really am at a loss as to why these guys aren't the biggest band around. Anyway, a lot of crap out this yr but this def ticked my box!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Cribs Review, 8 Feb 2008
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
prior to this my only knowledge of the this band, was when one its members, at the nme drunkly jumped on a table and had to be taken to hospital, but I never bought any, or heard any of their music. my first musical encounter was the track man needs, which was one of my favorite singles of last year.

The rest of this album is equally as strong, it also contains one of the best lines of the year "that because I'm empty from MTV" Genius!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but gets repetitive, 29 Nov 2007
G. L. Williams "simplygregguk" (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)

However, like I said, the start is fantastic. Our Bovine Public, Mens Needs, Moving Pictures are brilliant songs that should get this band some recognition.

A good album but my hopes are high for the fourth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Catchy but harsh on the ears!, 22 Oct 2009
Jammm - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
I wouldn't normally talk about the actual sound quality of an album, but this just needs to be said on this occasion. The production on this album is horrible, it sounds amateur. Which is not to take anything away from the songs, the songs are great, they're a lesson in how you can make something catchy and intricate with just 3 instruments and a vocal. Where so many 3 piece bands would just strum away at chords, The Cribs include some wonderful counter-melodies on the guitar that work around the vocals, but the guitars are so harsh sounding that it wears you down after a while.

I guess the lesson here is that sometimes it really is worth getting in an experienced producer rather than a lead singer from another famous band. I think the predominant attitude with this record was 'let's make this sound as loud as we possibly can on the cd'. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that, because if you go too loud the sound quality is compromised. Someone should tell The Cribs that we all have volume controls anyway, there's no need to compress the life out of the music just to make it louder, we can always turn it up ourselves if we want to!

Maybe you're not fussed about sound quality, which is fine, in that case I recommend the album because some of the songs are brilliant. But for me it does matter when it gets this bad, this is the only CD I own which I don't listen to very often purely because it sounds like it was recorded by schoolboys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 22 May 2007
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
I am a big Cribs fan. I've been going to watch them in a variety of places since early 2005. I, however am not going to do the typical review where an average album gets five stars bases on the fact that I like the band. It is an average album by a great band. A bit dissapointing after a two year wait. For me, the production (far more polished than in previous albums) sort of takes away from the band as it was the Lo-Fi angle that made them stand out in the first place. It's not a total write-off though, there are about three really good songs. It was always going to be hard to emmulate the previous two albums (which really put it in the shade). The new (good) songs will definately be classics when played live, which as anyone who has seen them live knows, is the best way to appreciate the Cribs.

3.0 out of 5 stars My needs havent been served, 21 May 2007
This review is from: Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever (Audio CD)
I`ve heard this album a dozen times or so now and it`s alright but nothing to write home about.

I know the guy from Franz Ferdinand produced it but I`m not too impressed with the sound quality which doesnt help me like it.Vocal sibilances are exaggerated and on on several tracks the sound is left channel heavy,especially noticable through headphones.

But,if you like the Cribs and thought the last album was good (which I was going to get if I liked this one, but not now)then you`ll probably be well into this one.

If on the other hand you`re like me and havent tried the Cribs before,then take my advice and buy the Maccabees Colour It In instead.The songs are great and the sound quality is simply fantastic.

Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever
Men's Needs, Women's Needs, Whatever by The Cribs (Audio CD - 2007)