5.0 out of 5 stars a definite "must have"
I bought this to protect my PC and everything else that was connected. I wasn't too sure of the tower design at first but now I love it. I've recommended it to my friends and family and have personally bought 4 of these.

Not only does it protect your electricals, the 10-way Tower tidies up the wiring mess that a typical 4-way creates.

I totally...
Published on 18 July 2011 by Abdin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure now
Published on 31 Dec 2010 by Baby H

5.0 out of 5 stars a definite "must have", 18 July 2011

I totally recommend this to anyone reading this review and assure you that you wont be disappointed with the product or the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duronic 10 Way Tower Extension Lead Socket, 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Duronic ST10B - 10 Way 2 Metre surge Tower Extension Lead Socket - 2M - Engineered to tell you when its surge protected (Electronics)
Sits vertically on the floor and takes up very little space. Don't know how good the surge protection is as it's not had to be used. The only drawback is that if it did "trip" the whole thing would have to be replaced as you can't reset it (according to the instructions.)

I've got eight plugs connected (starting from the bottom) and it hasn't toppled over yet. No on-off switch but what does that matter when it's only inches away from the main socket?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure now, 31 Dec 2010
I recently purchased this surge protector, and it arrived this morning. I bought it because it was upright, held ten plugs, and there are glowing reviews about it. I haven't taken it out of it's plastic pack yet, because I have a slight doubt about it now. I'm just wondering if anyone who has given this product such a standout review has actually read what is written on the back of the cardboard that the surge protector comes in? It says, and I quote:
"PLEASE NOTE
In the unlikely event that the green light
goes out it means that the special internal
Thermal Fusing has performed its task and
the surge protection is no longer operational.
The unit must therefore be replaced."

In other words, if you're unlucky enough to have an electrical surge and the protector does its job, you then have a doorstop and not a surge protector. I know this is not an expensive product, but there is nothing in the product description that tells you it's a one time only surge protector. I think I might send it back and look for a surge protector that would work more than once, like a Belkin which guarantees its products for life. Might be a bit more expensive, but it would wind up costing the same if you did have a surge and had to keep replacing the protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well..., 17 Feb 2009
This item has really tidied up my floor as prior to purchasing this from Amazon, extension cords snaked all around my work space. However now all of my plugs and electric cords for my computer are neatly organised around the tower... I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended *****, 14 July 2011
Bought this after my husband went on a safety course and was told that these were safer than double adapters. Very neat and tidy, much better than a plug bar.

5.0 out of 5 stars do u like your toys?, 10 Sep 2011
bought two of these for myself and have just ordered one for my mother and here`s why.
i have a lot of equipment under the big screen plasma i.e surround sound,ps3,xbox,sky hd box and a hdmi splitter that needs plugged in too! yup cables n plugs everywhere not a pretty sight,well not anymore since i purchased this fab piece of kit now everythings looking a lot more pleasing to the eye.and all the gear is protected too, YAY!!!
im not bothered if its a one time deal, compared to the price of the equipment to replace/repair this is defo a sound bit of business! the other ones doing its thing by the pc and all its friends lol
very very happy with my purchase would recommend you buy it now and protect all your lovely gadgets that have cost you a lot more than this!

cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN, 25 Nov 2011
I work from the kitchen table using my laptop and with a lamp and oiled filled radiator and the like I had plugs plugged in to many kitchen sockets and it was all looking a big mess really. I decided to buy an extension socket so that I could use one wall socket only and came across the Duronic 10 way surge tower and decided that would be a better buy - and it most certainly was! The lead is a bit on the short side for most circumstances but perfect for mine. I have it plugged into the wall socket and it runs along the wall to the opposite corner where all my plugs are plugged in, in one place. It's black which makes it blend in with my black tiled floor although they do a white one if you prefer. It all looks so much more tidy now and my laptop is surge protected so that's a bonus as we do often have short power cuts here. So five stars from me and I will be buying another for the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 22 April 2009
"I'm very happy that I chose Duronic's 10 way surge tower extension lead socket. (I have now ordered 2 more). I wish that I had bought one of these a long time ago. Now instead of leads trailing from my computer and printer they are neat and tidy and much easier to get to. The cable tidy underneath it is brilliant as well. Thank you also to the other reviewers whose comments made me decide to buy this excellent extension lead." 22 April 2009"

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 way tower, 11 Dec 2009
Mr. D. G. Millward (Dudley) - See all my reviews
This is a better buy than flat 10 way sockets, because they tend to be two rows of 5, which means when you use larger plugs there's no room opposite. With a tower, all ten sockets can be used without obstructing each other. Just make sure to even out the plugs so it does't topple off it's lightweight base! There are two lights at the bottom which show you that a) it is working and b) the surge protection is on. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but arrived on time, no problems, so overall, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 23 Feb 2009
C. M. Whittle - See all my reviews
A very good sturdy product, has 2m of cable under the base so plenty of reach for most situations. well packaged and fast delivery