5.0 out of 5 stars a definite "must have"
I bought this to protect my PC and everything else that was connected. I wasn't too sure of the tower design at first but now I love it. I've recommended it to my friends and family and have personally bought 4 of these.

Not only does it protect your electricals, the 10-way Tower tidies up the wiring mess that a typical 4-way creates.

I totally...
Published on 18 July 2011 by Abdin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure now
Published on 31 Dec 2010 by Baby H

5.0 out of 5 stars a definite "must have", 18 July 2011

I totally recommend this to anyone reading this review and assure you that you wont be disappointed with the product or the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Towering success, 23 Jan 2010
Boing (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Duronic ST10B - 10 Way 2 Metre surge Tower Extension Lead Socket - 2M - Engineered to tell you when its surge protected (Electronics)
I am very glad to find that this is not one of those products that unexpectedly goes wrong between the delivery and happy ever after stages. I needed another 10 way tower that just does the job without giving me any lip, and that's exactly what I have got!

The product itself is made of quite tacky plastic but hopefully will not melt. It has NO power switch of its own, and while I agree with other reviewers that this would have been a nice feature I knew when I ordered it that it had no switch, so it doesn't lose a star for that.

On the side of the tower there is a RED light showing that the power is on, and a GREEN light showing that the plugs are surge protected. I am not sure why it needs that light. It's a bit worrying. Under what conditions does surge protection not bother to work? And what happens then? If you hear a loud bang, send help.

One reviewer stated that the tower needed to be supported as it was too light to hold ten plugs. I currently have six plugs and two power adaptors plugged in, in a very cavalier non-symmetrical fashion, and it is standing proud and erect. So I can't say I have experienced that problem at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play, 8 Jun 2011
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this extension socket. It appears very well made and is obviously certified to the relevant BS standards.

To me, this 12 gang socket mirrors the time we live in - we have lots of relatively low consumption products that we need to plug in. Gone are the days of 3KW radiant heaters etc. which exerted a huge singular load on electric sockets, and, as long as you bear in mind the totality of the potential loading on this multiple socket you will be fine.

This extension socket is superbly designed and stable with the plugs arranged at an angle on both sides of the verticals - this means that a plethora of bulky plugs with integrated transformers can be accommodated with ease. There are lights at the base of the socket to show that the power is connected and the anti surge function is operational.

The sockets are easy to plug into and, although light in terms of weight, I believe this unit to be well made - we can no longer draw conclusions based on "the solidity and weight" of a product as some people (see the review of the 10 socket version) are inclined to do.

A very well designed and made product which is also excellent value for money. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well, 12 Jun 2011
Great item. Instead of leads trailing all over the place - from extension lead to extension lead - everything is one spot, neat, tidy, and surge protected. Cheap too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 23 Feb 2009
C. M. Whittle - See all my reviews
A very good sturdy product, has 2m of cable under the base so plenty of reach for most situations. well packaged and fast delivery

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so sure now, 31 Dec 2010
I recently purchased this surge protector, and it arrived this morning. I bought it because it was upright, held ten plugs, and there are glowing reviews about it. I haven't taken it out of it's plastic pack yet, because I have a slight doubt about it now. I'm just wondering if anyone who has given this product such a standout review has actually read what is written on the back of the cardboard that the surge protector comes in? It says, and I quote:
"PLEASE NOTE
In the unlikely event that the green light
goes out it means that the special internal
Thermal Fusing has performed its task and
the surge protection is no longer operational.
The unit must therefore be replaced."

In other words, if you're unlucky enough to have an electrical surge and the protector does its job, you then have a doorstop and not a surge protector. I know this is not an expensive product, but there is nothing in the product description that tells you it's a one time only surge protector. I think I might send it back and look for a surge protector that would work more than once, like a Belkin which guarantees its products for life. Might be a bit more expensive, but it would wind up costing the same if you did have a surge and had to keep replacing the protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Duronic 10 Way Tower Extension Lead Socket, 26 Oct 2010
Sits vertically on the floor and takes up very little space. Don't know how good the surge protection is as it's not had to be used. The only drawback is that if it did "trip" the whole thing would have to be replaced as you can't reset it (according to the instructions.)

I've got eight plugs connected (starting from the bottom) and it hasn't toppled over yet. No on-off switch but what does that matter when it's only inches away from the main socket?

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 22 April 2009
"I'm very happy that I chose Duronic's 10 way surge tower extension lead socket. (I have now ordered 2 more). I wish that I had bought one of these a long time ago. Now instead of leads trailing from my computer and printer they are neat and tidy and much easier to get to. The cable tidy underneath it is brilliant as well. Thank you also to the other reviewers whose comments made me decide to buy this excellent extension lead." 22 April 2009"

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well..., 17 Feb 2009
This item has really tidied up my floor as prior to purchasing this from Amazon, extension cords snaked all around my work space. However now all of my plugs and electric cords for my computer are neatly organised around the tower... I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended *****, 14 July 2011
Bought this after my husband went on a safety course and was told that these were safer than double adapters. Very neat and tidy, much better than a plug bar.