5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase this year
Published on 17 Aug 2007 by Sarah

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service
Not like new. Containers were very yellowed.
Cannot cope with soft fruit like pineapple. Even if inserted with hard veg. Lots of soft pulp left in funnel and machine.
When I contacted seller he told me to video it juicing carrots. For that price I would hope it cld manage more complex juicing than carrots!
This is my third juicer, and I have been juicing...
Published 7 months ago by Mrs McLean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase this year, 17 Aug 2007
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I had read lots about how great fresh juice is meant to be and I spent quite a bit of time wondering whether buying a juicer was going to be a good investment, or just too much hard work. I now wish I had bought an Oscar ages ago. It is absolutley brilliant, and there hasn't been a day since it arrived that I haven't used it. It is great for fruit and vegetable juice, and juices wheatgrass like a dream. It is really quiet and easy to clean, and nice and compact, which means I can keep it on the worktop for ease of use. I plumped for the chrome one, rather than the white, as I wanted to leave it out on the worktop and therefore wanted it to look nice, as I thought that if I put it away in a cupboard, I wouldn't be bothered to keep getting it back out. I needn't have worried as I don't think there is any fear of me putting it away! Best of all the juice that I end up with tastes like nothing on earth. I will never again drink carton juice which just doesn't compare to the juice the Oscar produces. A great buy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous juicer!, 8 Aug 2010
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I recently purchased this juicer after being impressed by the video on the web and reviews. Its versatility also impressed - you can make noodles, pasta (spaghetti), nut butters, etc. It's so simple to use and comes with a comprehensive manual. It is also whisper quiet. I now juice every day, including first thing in the mornings.

One reviewer complained that it doesn't handle soft fruits well. The answer is simple: put all soft fruits/veg in first and finish with hard veg, such as carrot. That way you waste nothing. My favourite juice is:

a piece of lemon (including rind)
half an apple
spinach
celery
6-8 basil leaves
2-4 carrots
small beetroot (optional)

Simply divine! Once you're done, with one twist you can remove all the parts in one go and separate into the washing up bowl with hot water. Then you can choose whether to clean up immediately or later. It comes with a nifty little toothbrush and thorough cleaning takes me 2.5 minutes.

Please try making nut butter. You pour in the nuts (say, whole almonds with skin) and out comes a mini sausage of nut butter. Store this in the fridge and you can blend pieces of it with water in your blender to make instant nut milk. I've now stopped buying milk! I also made a banana smoothie with a banana, cashew butter and water - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Also, try putting through some cashews and dates alternately. Out comes this sweet paste which you can roll into 'sweet balls'. Eat as is or roll in cocoa powder or dessicated coconut to quieten any sweet cravings healthily.

I can honestly say that in 1 month I have started to have a 'glow', my already good skin is radiant and I have lost a few pounds without intending to (although definitely needed!). Another change I've noticed since daily juicing, my (slight) sweet tooth has disappeared and I now have to only have half a sugar in coffee instead of 1 sugar. Nor have I touched chocolate since and no cravings.

Buy it. You won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent juicer, but do your research, 8 Sep 2007
T. Law "TL" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I have spent a lot of time researching and reading online reviews for juicers before eventually deciding on the Oscar Vitalmax 900, and I am previously the user of a cetrifugal juicer (attachment to my Kenwood Major mixer)
When the Oscar Vitalmax 900 arrived I was really excited and it is every bit as great as I hoped. I chose the chrome one so it can stay out on the kitchen worktop all the time and "look good" - but does it live up to the reviews?

Well it is much easier to use than my previous one ...

Pro's:
* only a few parts to put together
* two jugs are provided which fit neatly under the juicer, one to catch the juice and one to catch pulp
* operation is very quiet - so you can still talk and hear each other in the mornings
* dismantling and washing up is easy (although you can't put it in the dishwasher)
* produces "live" juice, as the pressing operation is very gentle
* juice tastes great and definitely better than in the centrifugal juicer
* pulp is very dry compared to the centrifugal juicer (and remember you can put it back through the juicer a few times to squeeze out every last drop, I found this particularly useful when juicing oranges)
* juices oranges (you need to peel them first, but this can easily be done with a knife), the centrifugal juicer did not do this even when peeled, organges in the centrifugal juicer tasted very bitter
* juices wheatgrass
* juices all sorts of vegetable and fruit combinations - you cannot buy ready done in the supermarket, and "fresh" juice is much superior
* makes purees (very handy for adding to recipes, or making your own real fruit yoghurts, desserts etc), especially good for tempting children to eat more fruit and veg
* makes fresh pasta
* makes baby food
* looks good on the worktop and doesn't take up too much space
* I will use mine every day :o)

Con's:
* Quite expensive so only buy it if you plan to use it a lot
* Vegetables and fruit do need cutting into smaller pieces (this is not really a hassle though as you should wash produce before juicing and cutting up only takes a couple more minutes (remember no need to trim carrot ends or core apples etc - just chop up and the juicer sorts the rest out!))
* parts don't go in the dishwasher - however, even I (who am a dishwasher convict) don't mind washing up as the results are so great
* delivered with two "stickers" on the front of the machine which were a real pain to get off! Took lots of elbow grease and rightly or wrongly I managed to get the glue off with a combination of Flash and Viakal and lots of elbow grease - looks lovely and shiny now though and as you may guess I hate stickers!

I would recommend buying some books on "juicing" and "raw foods" or "raw lifestyle" to get great ideas on being creative when you purchase a "live juicer" ... today i've bought strawberries to puree to make my own real fruit yoghurt, and my favourite juice so far is beetroot, tomato and apple mixed. I have also made a fab salad dressing from fresh tomato/onion/basil/celery and 2 chopped dates, which doubles well as a sauce for freshly cooked pasta seasoned with a little freshly ground black pepper mmmmmm

I would thoroughly recommend this product. Do your research first and understand the different types of juicer, Centrifugal, Single Gear, Twin Gear and then you will understand the price differentials and why the extra cost is worth the investment :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for veg, 23 Mar 2010
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
This is very well made and robust juicer, built to go the distance. It certainly makes light work of hard fruits & veg but is a bit disapointing for softer items. I find it won't cope with more than a few apples/oranges at a time before starting to clog up so recommend you alternate between putting soft & hard items down the shute to avoid this happening. If your concerned about the quality of the juice you drink then you should definatly buy a masticating model as they give you a juice that retains more vitamins and minerals. This is because the centrifugal models grate the fruit/veg and spin the pulp round to extract the juice. This incorporates loads of air which deteriates the quality of the juice within seconds. All fruit & veg is air, heat & light sensitive so it's important that the introduction of these elements is kept to a minimum . A masticating juicer crushes the fruit so doesn't add any air in the process. This means it will keep up to 24hrs if placed immedietly into an illuminum bottle & chilled; juice from a centrifugal model should be drunk ASAP to get all the health benefits because the juice quickly oxidizes with the addition of all that added air. The down side to this model as other reviewers have pointed out is that the shute is very narrow so everything has to be cut up really small to fit down it. It is pricey but if you drink a lot of juice, which you will when you have tasted the superb quality it producess, then it will quickly pay for itself. I highly recommend buying the juicemaster books by Jason Vale as he will give you loads of good recipes for fruit & veg combos with a run down of the health benefits each juice gives. Go on, treat yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Masticating juicer on the market for the price at the moment., 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I had a Centrifugal Juicer for a few months and I could not stand the noice it made and so if you cannot sleep at night and wanted to make a glass of juice, then of-course you would certainly wake up your neighbours.

The Masticating Juicer is amazing. Why? Let me tell you.

1. Masticating Juicers do not destroy vital nutrients like enzymes, due to the low speed and the one gear cold press
technique.
2. It extracts more juice than a Centifugal Juicer.
3. Its less noisey
4. Its much easier to clean.
5. The Health benefits from Juicing fruits and Vegetables are amazing.

If your looking for a more professional Juicer than buy this one, as it also looks stunning in Chrome. Health wise everyone should have a Masticating Juicer in their kitchen.

Buy with confidence.
John from Malta

5.0 out of 5 stars Five a day in a glass!, 2 Dec 2008
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I have had a Moulinex juicer for 20 years, though after the initial enthusiasm of tasting fresh carrot juice, I got fed up with the hassle of taking it apart and emptying the fibre, if I needed more than a glass or two of juice. Washing it was a pain too. So it's been sitting in the cupboard since then, apart from occasional use.
Like the other reviewers, the Oscar juicer has transformed my life (and probably my health). I use it every day and it's no trouble to feed with fruit and vegetables or wash afterwards. I try to source local, organically grown vegetables and just wash them - halve the carrots, lengthwise, and quarter (or sixth) the oranges (apples). The oranges can be peeled easily with a French style potato peeler, by moving the blade back and forth like a saw. All the fibre is instant compost material.
The taste of the juice is extraordinary! Try, per person: 2 carrots, 2 oranges, 1 apple, 2 sticks celery and 1/4 lime. Or replace the oranges by another apple. That's five a day in a glass!
Update 2012: for three people, I now use: 8 carrots, 3 apples, 1/2 lime, small cube of ginger, 4 sticks celery, 1 stick lemon grass, 1 beetroot and, if you're feeling brave, 1 small clove of garlic! How to keep the doctor away...

5.0 out of 5 stars It's seriously good, 27 April 2008
Ms T.M "Mat" (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
We chose this after much browsing, I was a little daunted as it is our first juicer. No complaints whatsoever though, it has nice solid chunky parts that are easy to clunk together and easily rinse after juicing - my 5 year old assembles it with ease. Its even quieter than I hoped and can be used first thing in a small flat without waking the whole family! The juices taste fresh and I'm sure I feel instantly refreshed and energised after I drink them. The whole family love it, the 2 boys feed the fruit in and love the whole process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Juicer, 20 Jan 2009
Steve Farr (Warwick, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
Having used a centrifugal juicer for some time, and having been quite happy with it, I had to be persuaded to change. I'm really glad now that I was, as the quality of juice is distinctly better with a masticating juicer. I chose this one because of good reviews and because it has the same name as my son. The machine looks good in chrome, so I don't feel the need to hide it away, and it doesn't take up too much work top space. The motor is much quieter than my old centrifugal juicer and I can easily listen to the radio while I juice. The machine is also easy to clean, you just disassemble the masticating bits and run them under a tap.

All in all, this is easily one of the best purchases I've made on Amazon ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous juicer - worth every penny!, 13 Dec 2009
Jules Warner (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
I met someone at a party who told me her cure to feeling tired and run down was buying this juicer and that it had changed her life! That was all the encouragement I needed. After lots of research I realised this definitely was the best one on the market and, although, expensive, is worth every penny. I use it every day and have already noticed a difference. It's a chunky, easy to use machine which looks great, easy to clean and fun to use - the kids love it too! I was expecting the green juices to be unpalatable but they are amazingly refreshing - a bit like a delicious gazpacho. Worth getting a good book as one can get carried away with quantities - such as too much ginger or too much watercress. A great start to the day and you will have had your 'five a day' before leaving for school or work! Check out Livingpure...

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the mother of all juicers!, 25 Jan 2008
This review is from: Oscar Vitalmax Juicer Chrome
i have been using this juicer for well over a year, twice daily and have no complaints, this is simply the greatest!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›