5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, close & comfortable
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by Dr. John Thornley

3.0 out of 5 stars Use this product every day...
Published on 1 Feb. 2011 by Guv

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, close & comfortable, 20 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Razor Blades 8 Pack (Personal Care)
Having been a Gillette user for donkeys years, I kinda snapped when I was in Tesco last month when I price compared WS Titanium blades to G's Mach3. I bought the Wilkinson Sword two blade starter set and tried it the following morning. My goodness, what a difference. I wish I had changed over a long time ago - it turns out that the ad "Gillette - the best a man can get" isn't true at all - it's Wilkinson Sword! And at a cost of only 60% of the Gillette product it's a no brainer. The WS product gives a one pass close shave; you dont have to keep sweeping up to get a close shave. Brilliant. The blades, so far, last much longer. Well done WS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior product at cheaper price, 6 Sept. 2009
Having used Gillette for years (especially Mach3 Power and Fusion Power) and always thinking it was my Desperate Dan stubble that used up blades so quickly, I was really pleased to discover that it wasn't me, but Gillette's blades that were the problem. Wilkinson Sword blades are sharper, smoother and last for many more shaves. And, amazingly, they are cheaper. The Gillette marketing and hype is clearly more superior, which has no value when shaving and for which I have paid for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 4 Feb. 2009
Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Precision Razor

Having got fed up with Gillette's Mach3 and its tendency toward blunt blades even when brand new, I was told about this razor via a Motley Fool discussion board. Wow! Unlike Mach3 which would tear at the hairs on my face, Quattro glides smoothly, with hardly any need to go over the same part of the face more than once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Smooth - highly recommended, 24 Dec. 2013
Been using these razors for years now - Wilkinson Sword just keep adding additional blades. I find they're top quality, always give a smooth close shave, and now the Titanium Blades seem to last an incredibly long time - months in my case.

Before I used these, I'd find I'd end up being "nicked" while shaving, and then go through that awful routine with a tiny bit of loo paper to dry up the blood while trying not to get it on the shirt collar.

Not so with these. Never had a single cut - no matter how much of a hurry I've been in.

The added bonus of the great price and free delivery from Amazon is just great!

I can even have them delivered to my local supermarket for collection (great new service), so I don't even have to be at home for delivery.

Fast, Smooth and Highly Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilkenson Sword Quattro Titanium Razor Blades., 28 Aug. 2012
Readers will be pleased to learn that these Blades will fit into the head of the original 1970s design of razor and onwards to the present day design ; the actual design of the head has not changed. Wilkinson led the field in multiple blade design but did not have the world wide distribution of Mighty Gillette and so they did a deal which allowed Gillette to use Wilkenson technology for a share into the know how of making the shaving head. Wilkenson are better known for their superior swords and at the end of WW11 King George V1 presented Stalingrad ( St. Petersburg) with the Sword of Peace inscribed and made by Wilkenson who still make swords and sharpen older models which are sent to U.K. particularly from the U.S and Canada.
Morrisons Supermarkets have stopped selling the Wilkenson Sword Razors and replacement Heads in favour of Gillette and there is nothing wrong with Mighty Gillette, but if you favour a bit of history and support ' Made in Britain ' Amazon is the place to find the sharpest Blade made by Wilkenson since the Battle of Trafalgar. Now I must admit that I did not write this review, it was written by my husband whose code sign is jannarta and he was an C.P.O. and later a Lieutenant Clearance Diver in the R.N. Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Razor Blades 4 Pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Use this product every day..., 1 Feb. 2011
If you are the type of person who needs to shave every day, or has to for work, then the Quattro will provide a close, smooth shave at a decent price. If, however, you give your skin a rest at weekends and/or holidays you might want to have a bog standard Bic disposable handy. With two or three days stubble, I find the Quattro simply glides over the stubble and blunts itself on it. Therefore, I find it useful to keep a cheap disposable at hand to get that apparently troublesome stubble out the way before getting a close shave with the Quattro. The problem is that the four blades (do we really need that many?) are mounted so tightly together that there is no room for anything but the softest and shortest of facial hair. I've given the Quattro three stars as that reflects my experience with it. If you shave every day you should find this a good purchase well worth 5/5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great price, above average razors, 6 Sept. 2013
These are good razors. They can get clogged easily but they are very effective. Just bare in mind if you have long facial hair these might not be the best solution but they do last a good number of shaves before getting a bit crappy. The strip will start to wear after 5-6 but can still be used till about 10 before it needs binning IMO. Of course you need to remember these are just blade attachments. You need the actual razor body for them to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars availability, 11 May 2014
My husband bought a Wilkinson Sword Quattro razor complete with blades, when he had used those blades he was unable to buy any more locally, the razor model had been replaced and he was told that he would have to buy a new different razor. Thank goodness Amazon can supply just about anything which I knew, and is why I ordered them here. The suppliers sent them well before the due time, excellent service as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as a ..........., 17 July 2014
Fed up with two-stroke strimmer fumes in the bathroom, I bought the wife a Quattro razor and these blades for her bi-annual trim. Frankly, I'm amazed with how sharp they are - and how long they keep an edge!
Recommended!
P.S. After the wife's most recent brush clearance, I'm delighted to say I've got back my long lost watch! Thank you Wilkinson Sword!

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and sharp, 21 Mar. 2009
Cuts stubble easily, and a good price. If you're thinking of getting these, they are compatible with any of the quattro range. Even the non-titanium shaver handles.

Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium Razor Blades 8 Pack