VINE VOICEon 13 January 2009
I bought this as a temporary fix for my boyfriend until he got a new head unit and that is all I would recommend it for. The sound quality is poor and constantly crackled so you couldn't turn it up and it would just stop after it had been playing for so long. I only paid a few pence for this plus postage and that is all it's worth.

If you don't have a USB port on your stereo then I recommend the cigarette lighter style adapters and don't go cheap - pay a bit more for better quality else you'll only be paying out again in a few weeks for a new one because you're fed up of a constant crackle or high-pitched squeal (as I get with the wireless radio transmitter).
on 10 November 2010
ive bought about 6 of these since learning to drive a few months back. only 2 pf them have worked nd they dont seem to last long. its not as if i bash them about or anything nd its really just not good enough! i would have liked a few reviews to go by here.. not my best amazon purchase =(
on 4 August 2013
I (stupidly) did not read all the other reviews for this item before buying. It does not work. I put the cassette adapter in the cassette player in my car and it just made a crackling noise and the tape sounded like it was being chewed up. My cassette player kept spitting it out. Don't waste your money. I also tried it in my boyfriend's car and the same thing happened (he has his own cassette adapter from Halfords and that works fine in both of our cars).

This is a pretty good scam; the sellers charge people just £1.50 for a product that doesn't work. The customer realised they've been had, but as it only cost £1.50 the buyer can't be bothered to pay the postage for a refund and this is how the sellers make their money. All those stolen £1.50's must add up. Well done, losers.
on 27 February 2013
The product they sent me didn't even work at all just kept swapping from 'Tape A to Tape B' I was unhappy with this
on 13 August 2013
I purchased this product as my in car unit only plays tapes so for a mere £2 i thought give it a go. well....FABULOUS not only does it convert my out dated cassette player it also supports my phone as well. im now hands free with the coice on the other end of the phone comming through all four speakers its better than my original hands free kit. extremely good quality and so cheap. why pay out for a new ce player which in turn will only drain the battery life on your car. no mess just plug in and go. WONDERFUL id recomend this to anyone.
on 17 December 2013
Was very excited about this product. I bought my first ever car which still had the traditional cassette player bit. I'm fairly modern with an ipod, So decided to buy this product to be able to hear my tunes when driving from my ipod. Terrible.
Positive: The connection is generic so will fit into any standard musical device.
Negatives: Output doesn't work! Takes a bit of jigging around, inserting and exiting of the cassette tape several times as it makes a clunking sound like it isn't sure which side to play on. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. When it does work, the volume is so muffled and old you really can't hear it much even with all the volumes turned up full.

Wouldn't recommend this product. I ended up going into TK Max and buying a really decent stereo for £10. Much better.
on 3 October 2013
The packaging of this product claims it will work in any car stereo. It won't. Initially my car stereo (VW Passat) was unable to play it in either direction and spat it back out. I then noticed it got stuck when you tried to wind forward, so I took it apart, and removed one of the cogs to free up the mechanism. It will now stay in the stereo but only gives a mono output in the right hand speakers. Basically, it's cheap and rubbish.
on 17 December 2013
This product does not work, it will not play the music and keeps ejecting its self out of the tape player
on 1 June 2013
I ordered this item and it was never delivered to me, I sent an email to the company informing them of this, I was then advised to print off a claims for and send it back to them. I calculated that in doing this it would cost me more than the product is actually worth so decided to cut my losses.Through my experience I would never shop with this company again and would not recommend it to anyone.
on 11 August 2015
I bought this as I have a new car with a tape player. I know people that have them which work fantastically well so I got this one for me. It works for a few seconds then the music stopped and the tape made a ' chewing' sort of sound then stopped all together . This happens every time I tried to use it. Little disappointing. Will look for a better one somewhere !!