5.0 out of 5 stars Brill
I bought this for my son for christmas and he loves it. looks really good and even sounds ok when he is playing it. would recommend this espically for a beginer.
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by Debs

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful
Being a guitarist I wanted to learn a new instrument, and being a fan of country music I thought I'd give mandolin a go. At £50 don't expect the best sound quality but it does the job and I'm pretty happy with it.
Published 11 months ago by Adam

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 2 Jan 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mandolin, 8 Feb 2012
This Mandolin is of great quality, well made and really good finish. The tone of this instrument is very clear and sharp. It's a pleasure to play. I would recommend it to anyone.
The company delivered it in good time and it was well packages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a beginner, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
I play acoustic guitar and ukulele and I decided I would like to add the mandolin to my list of instruments. I purchased this mandolin after reading several reviews online and was very pleased with the instrument. It came pre-stringed, and after tuning, the mandolin sounds excellent. Very good value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Dec 2012
I got one of these for Christmas, given to me by my Grandad. I have only been playing for a few days but so far the sound has been clear, it stays in tune reasonably well and it's pretty as well. It's beautiful up close.
Although double strings are testing my fret fingers, they're stinging like mad after playing 3 days nonstop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful instrument and amazing value for money 10/10, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
I am very fortunate to own a sizeable collection of fine guitars both rare/vintage and modern from the likes of Gibson and Fender. So what on earth can a sub £50 mandolin be like?
Well don't be put off by it's bargain basement price tag, this is a fine little instrument with good tone and character all of its own. It's teardrop body is well finished in a lovely polyester tobacco sunburst with a slim well fitted neck and a neat headstock with accurate and stable tuners. It has a decorative 'ash tray' tailpiece cover and a nicely compensated bridge. The strings are slackened for transit (which is sensible) so you will need some guidance if you're not used to tuning a mandolin, but once in tune it's a delightful little instrument which IMHO does the STAGG brand proud and would grace any collection. Within no time you'll be bashing out Zep's 'Battle of Evermore' - Brilliant!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking - BUT, 5 Sep 2013
Stanley Robert carpenter (Nailsea, North Somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
This was a very nice looking Mandolin let down by the very poor machine heads which would not allow the strings to stay in tune, if these could be sorted (extra £35.00 - £45.00 for replacements) you would have a good instrument. The action lowered to a decent string height without any buzzing...It's just the machine heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
As a total beginner to the mandolin or any instrument I think this mandolin is just ideal. There are lots of positive reviews from far more experienced people than me on here so go with them but for me this is a lovely instrument to learn on. Quick delivery and very well packaged. It looks lovely and sounds (to my ears) great. I was a bit worried when I read reviews about 'intonation' and 'set ups' but I purchased a tuner with mine and the intonation was pretty much ok (I think) lol.
After a couple of weeks of me trying to play, a string snapped but that is all so far, so maybe purchase a set of strings just in case. Anyway, to sum up I think this is a great buy for the price and is giving me hours of pleasure, I'm not sure the neighbours would agree!

4.0 out of 5 stars Get it set up before frustration sets in., 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
As yet another frustrated guitarist, I've been exploring the fantastic sounds than can be obtained from ukulele, but I've always had a soft spot for the sound of the mandolin.
The M20 represents damn fine value for money, but at this price, do not expect it to be playable from the box. The bridge isn't fixed, but held to the body by string tension. It moves during shipping throwing intonation out. Way out in the case of mine. Imagine you're a total beginner. You tune up, play a chord and it sounds, well, 'off'. The action on mine was higher at the 12th fret than the action on my Fender Precision bass!. I had to carve 2.5mm from the bridge to get it playable.
Once the basic string height and intonation are set, it becomes very playable indeed. The supplied strings keep tension on the bridge and keep the neck in order. Budget for a restring. Once set up, it fair sings and like a Uke, brings a daft grin to the face as things fall into place. Highly recommended with the setup caveat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 28 Dec 2013
Mr. Asa Thornborough (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
I got this item based on the reviews, I elected to buy a shop soiled one because I am an old skinflint. As it was shop soiled I was ready to be philosophical about any signs of wear and tear.

Well knock me down with a feather, it's perfect, brand new and almost in perfect tune to boot on arrival.

So, I got mine at a very reasonable price and I am over the moon with it.

I can heartily recommend this instrument, I am no expert, just tinker about for my own pleasure. Therefor it is very very good indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy with purchase, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin (Electronics)
happy with purchase , but goes out of tune very quickly , maybe the nature of the iinstrument as i have not had one before and tension on the strings very high

nice instrument , but noted that its goes out of tune very quickly , maybe the nature of the instrument as i have not had one before , the strings are on a very high tension , sounds goods

Stagg M20 Bluegrass Mandolin