4.0 out of 5 stars simple but effective
bought it for my son (3) who likes to occasionally vent his blues in a non-tantramatic outburst. A bit like Bob.
Published on 11 Jun. 2012 by TCat

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful only as a toy for a small child.
I'm a harmonica player so I know what I'm talking about. Most of the reviews here are from people who have bought this as a first harmonica and can't compare it against anything else.

Published on 19 July 2013 by Johnny C

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful only as a toy for a small child., 19 July 2013
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)

At £4 I knew it was going to be tat, but I really found it hard to get a decent sound out of it. Some holes, I couldn't get *any* sound. And I reiterate; I can actually play harmonica.

However - whether or not you buy this depends on what it's for:

- As a toy for a small child it is perfect. My 16-month old son likes blowing into it when I'm playing - I don't wanna let him ruin my good ones so this is perfect!

- As a toy for an older child, I'm not so sure. It's not really usable as an actual harmonica and if there is any potential whatsoever that a child will be indulging a musical interest, you need to get them a proper instrument. They might get good - but not with this.

- As a 'first instrument' for anyone else (child or adult) you need to go and buy a proper harmonica. Whatever brand you get is fine but spend approx £20-£25 to get an entry-level harmonica. You'll be able to play it more easily, you'll learn faster and you will enjoy it more.

If you're buying this with aspirations to learn how to play harmonica, you're going to have a very tough time.

4.0 out of 5 stars simple but effective, 11 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
What more can i say bought this for a christmas pressie and was so impressed with the price and item packed really well will defo buy of this company again as it was the cheapest i found and of very good qaulity

2.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this harp!, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
So I bought this to learn to play harmonica on, and I thought it was a great bargin, £5 pounds for a harmonica with good reviews, great idea right? No! Its of course very small, and has several off key notes and flat notes, and isnt even worth looking at, save up a small bit of cash and go out and get yourself a good Hohner harp

5.0 out of 5 stars Good harmonica for Children, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
As a harmonica player who has a large collection of expensive top mouth organs I believe this is a great one for children to learn on. They last well and sound more expensive than they are. This is not the first one i have bought for my grandchildren and they all love to learn on them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, perfect for a beginner!, 13 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
It's a pretty good harmonica, especially if you're a beginner. However, if you are a serious player, you should probably buy a more expensive one- chromatic harmonicas can play sharps and flats, how the diatonic can't which is slightly annoying!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dying animal by me, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
Of what I know about harmonicas this seems a great entry one. I haven't been allowed play it as much as I'd like because apparently according to my girlfriend, when I play it, it's like a dying animal... I'll update this once I get better

4.0 out of 5 stars First harmonica, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
This is my first 'proper' harmonica (did used to have the plastic one with lots of holes) as I have decided to teach myself the harmonica and I needed a cheap one to learn on. So far it has produced nicer sounds than my cheap one although I find it difficult to get sounds from the higher holes but for under £4 I didn't expect too much. It's not very long and for me that's good as I only have short hands however it does mean the holes are quite close together. Note the holes aren't numbered so check you are holding it the right way around. Love that for the price it came with a plastic case. All in all a decent purchase although disappointed now that it's an add on item (would make a great inexpensive gift).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 5 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
This was bought for my 9 year old neice and as it is not expensive I wasn't expecting the quality to be as good as it as and it has a lovely tone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Soudning for a Value Product!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major (Electronics)
When I choose to buy this harmonica, I don't have high expectation for it. After all, its price is not higher than other well-known harmonicas. However, I was awed at how it sounds. It sounds good, so harmonica-ish, and easy to do bent notes with it.

However, I feel metal/substance-like air whenever I draw on the harmonica. Do other people also feel it? I'm temporarily not using it now since I'm worried it might be bad for my lungs. Do someone know a way to make this metal/substance-like air go away?

Stagg BJHB20C Blues Harmonica in C Major