Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£6.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 9 September 2007
What stark contrast to our overheated western 24x7 world! Paul McCreesh and the Gabrieli consort have really delivered an astonishing disc. This is not about some bible-like paradise, but the tranquil paradise within ourselves, which has become blurred by day-to-day stress. When this music enters your brain through your headphones, you suddenly realize again the importance of the willingness to focus on peace and quiet. Its effect is comparable to that of transcendental meditation. And this CD also proves that timeless music is made in EVERY decade, as well as in the 1550's as in the 1990's... this CD contains gems of both periods. Wonderful.
on 26 October 2011
I bought this last year and fell in love with it on a first listen. It is full of the most exquisitely crafted music, magically performed. I was visiting an equally magical place, Ohrid in Macedonia, last year when I first put it on and it will be one of the highlights of my life until my dying day. This is a real antidote to all the stresses and pressures of contemporary life - if any government wants to improve the lot of its citizens, it should issue a copy of this to each of them for free!