5.0 out of 5 stars Goose pimples
OK, so I'm 50, and maybe shouldn't have a say on new groups. But do these guys give it all. There are strong traces of punk in there, and I'm sure they must have been influenced by The Clash, Pistols & Buzzcocks. From track 1 had goose pimples, it's just catchy, within 3 listens you are there
and you know all the words. Go to the web site, and have a listen to the...
Published on 15 Aug 2007 by Robert P. Splaine

The opening track "Romantic Type" is reminiscent of the cross between punk and new wave in 1980; it's a nice track and quite a jolly tune to bounce along to. "A great rocking rhythm guitar strut comes in on "Caught In Your Trap". One of my favourite guitar riffs are on "Stop and Go", all in all pretty memorable songs.

They are getting more exposure on BBC Radio...
Published on 13 Nov 2007 by DJColzz

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same? So what, enjoy it for what it is!, 5 Feb 2008
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
It seems that some reviewers are critisising the 'Detectives' for being 'indie'. What is 'indie'? Is it not just a genre invented by the media? Enjoy this album for what it is - simplistic music made by people who obviously enjoy making it. Not a classic album, nor (IMO) will they make another album worthy of note but so what, we live in an era of throw-away bands. Buy it, Love it, Move on to the next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well what do i need to say.........., 6 Jun 2008
Mr. D. S. Rees "Dan.............Just Dan" (Newport, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait for Me (Audio CD)
Never really been a fan of the indie scene and more of a metal fan myself, i went to see this band due to my friend buying tickets and needing someone to go with him. Live, they were fantastic which surprise surprise led me to buy this album which is so so catchy and to be honest just brilliant. so yeah buy it!!!

Best songs:
-I Found Out
-Take her back

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 10 Nov 2007
D. Patel - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
i came across this band whilst i was searching amazon for some new bands, i found pigeon detectives and decided to give them a try
I was amazed at the sheer quality of each song, this is one of the best albums i have bought
top songs include
I Found out
Im not sorry

not to say that every other song is bad just these two are epic
ROCK ON!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air in 2007, 10 Nov 2007
Mrs. E. Preval "mpreval" (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
The Pigeon Detectives have crafted a very enjoyable album which is incredibly listenable. I believe that one of the main problems with the current music scene is that there are loads of bands in Britain who sound the same. You can't say this of The Pigeon Detectives who are a breath of fresh air in 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gets better everytime you listen to it, 4 July 2007
D. Brewer (somerset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
This is possibly one of my favourite albums this year, every track is brilliant and makes you dance like a mentalist!!
This band is also the best band I have seen live this year, they were my highlight at Glastonbury festival - the lead singer is certainly an entertainer, if you get a chance go & see them live, it will make the album even better (if that's possible)

3.0 out of 5 stars The best Pigeon Detectives Album, considering it's their only album not much of a compliment but there ya go!, 13 Nov 2007
DJColzz "DJ MacDonald" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)

They are getting more exposure on BBC Radio 1 in the UK, and it seems you can now expect this album to chart highly in the next few weeks. It deserves the recognition, even if it is not one that will hang around the chart for weeks on end.

It might not be the ultimate rock classic, but it is something you will listen to again and again.

I have heard of The Pigeon Detectives but haven't really focused on their music, there are some duff tracks for sure, but the overall feeling you get from this is it is a decent album, and a band you will want to see grow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, 4 Nov 2007
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
This has to be my album of the year! The Album gets off to a great start with "Romantic Type" and carries on throuhgout stand out tracks, for me, have to be "Caught In Your Trap", "I Found Out", "Stop Or Go" and "Take Her Back" There Are NO fillers what-so-ever. Can't wait for next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars should be bigger than "thriller"!, 23 Oct 2009
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
i simply love this album! heard "romantic type" on soccer am and thought i'd get the cd, not really expecting much. how wrong i was. it really is infectious and even after repeated listens i still love it. so many catchy songs that make you wanna go out with your mates, just like definately maybe makes you feel. "i found out", "take her back" are my favourite songs & will always be on every compilation cd i ever make for my car. none of the other songs are fillers and i can honestly say i don't feel the need to skip any songs. they are all proper anthems, perfect as other reviewers have said, for having a few beers with your mates , playing pro evo, before a night on the tiles. buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My most played CD of the year!, 3 Feb 2008
D. Cross (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
I have lots of good & great albums but I just can't stop playing this one. Every track is a fantastic, catchy, simple, escapist indie-punk-pop song. I love them all. Lots of energy and as others have said they are great live - I saw them support the Kaiser Chiefs. Where does matt get his energy from? I'm going to see them in May when they are headlining - can't wait!

If you want a really good album to sing along and bounce to - buy this one; if you want something different and alternative then buy Radiohead's In Rainbows.

You pay your money and takes your choice - I bought both - best of both worlds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enough of Cheeky Chappies with Regional Accents?, 8 Aug 2007
Colin Lodge - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wait For Me (Audio CD)
I think the trend was started with 'Over the Counter Culture' by the Ordinary Boys 3 or 4 years back. Simple arrangements, some clever words, delivered in a recognisable accent (sometimes London). Kaiser Chiefs took this mainstream with Employment and have since been followed by Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, The Kooks, and more recently The Holloways, The View and The Cribs. Some of the latter bands also getting by with a lead singer who speaks rather than sings, or at best has a very poor vocal range.
And those are just the bands I've actually heard.
Has 'Indie' gone down some cul-de-sac where it's utterly predictable? I'm almost scared to listen to The Twang in case I know what they're playing before I even hear it.
So, The Pigeon Detectives tick all the boxes to confirm my theory. Accents, limited vocals and musicianship, some jolly words. But they seem to me to have one other thing that sets them above many of the bands I've mentioned: the gift of really catchy tunes. I found myself humming "I Found Out" while I was listening to a different CD, it is that hard to get them out of your head. In fact, the amount of time I'm spending playing this CD must mean it's my favourite so far this year.
So, I thoroughly and unreservedly recommend this album - buy it, and you'll have no need for further CDs of the same genre. Then maybe Indie can take a slightly different direction.

Wait For Me
Wait For Me by The Pigeon Detectives (Audio CD - 2007)