5.0 out of 5 stars Well tailored for Macbook Pro..
1- It is sturdy on the desk, VERY sturdy.

2- Comfortable enough to type on my MBP without using the external keyboard for a short use i.e yahoo messenger. But for long typing, i do suggest to get a keyboard. Im doing this review without external keyboard. Still waiting for the wired Apple keyboard from Amazon.

I was a bit sceptic at first to spend...
Published on 3 July 2010 by RH500

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but....
It's a lovely looking product, very sturdy, great design, very tactile. Love it. But... to get the best out of it you need to be totally up to date. If you have a setup that is a couple of years old like I do, there are a few minor blemishes that detract from the glory of the product.
Published on 4 Jun 2009 by Paul Eliasberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Well tailored for Macbook Pro.., 3 July 2010
This review is from: Rain Design mStand raise the screen to meet eye level for better posture and view (Personal Computers)
1- It is sturdy on the desk, VERY sturdy.

I was a bit sceptic at first to spend such amount of money for it, but I must say it is worth the price tag and i dont regret on this purchase.
I have uploaded one picture there. Hope it helps.

Owh yes, Amazon.co.uk do stock this item but it is normally gone quite fast. U need to check it regularly. Last week i saw 5 in stock, i got mine on that batch and the rest were gone in 3-5 days. Last night they have one, but when i check it this morning, it is gone now. So u need to be quick if your thinking to get this item from Amazon.co.uk themself. Otherwise you could also check www.amazon.de too. Good luck..!

Update 23/7/2010
I agree with other reviewers after using this for bout a month, this is a must have item for all Macbook Pro users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 16 Nov 2009
D. Driscoll (St. Albans, England) - See all my reviews
Started working from home but found I was crouching over to read my laptop - rather than buy a big screen at vast expense I bought this stand and it lifts the macbook screen to eye level - just as it says on the tin. Much better, I now sit upright and saves my back! You do need a remote keyboard of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic, 16 Feb 2011
Fantastic product. I am using it as I type. My Macbook screen is a eye level. It is a bit expensive for what it is but I only have one back and cannot replace it if it goes due to bad posture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, but...., 4 Jun 2009
Paul Eliasberg (Armagh, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I've got a 20" Apple Cinema Display with a connector that doesn't fit through the cable hole in the back of the stand. Can live with that, but what I do find annoying is that the screen of my 'old' MacBook Pro (2.4 Intel) doesn't flip back far enough to get a comfortable viewing angle so now I have to put a few beermats under the front of the stand to lift the whole construction.
So, if you've got the latest setup (which I've been drooling over for quite a while now) there's no problem, but if you've got a MacBook Pro with the (much criticized) limited screen-flip-angle, be warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thing of beauty., 8 April 2010
D. Reddan "Philip Fox" (Ireland, Limerick.) - See all my reviews
This is the best stand available, for my PowerBook G4 the colour, feel and design matches the computer perfectly
i currently own the 15'' inch which looks good too. but for smaller notebooks like the 12''/13.3'' MacBook Pro this is a great look for the computer, as well as being a solid pedestal! when you place your PowerBook/MacBook on this piece of kit it's not going anywhere!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rain design mStand, a sturdy investment for the price, 26 May 2011
J. Warham (London UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item to ensure reduced RSI and having looked at other products on the market decided on this item.
For a permanent stand to use with a laptop its fine. Its possibly intended to use in combination with an external keyboard and mouse, as there's a slight wobble when using it on its own with my MacBook Pro, but it certainly improves angle and posture of my wrists.
The mStand is not portable, but I've found few other suitable items on the market. If the price was lower, I might be inclined to recommend if more freely. However it is sturdy, matches well with Apple design and is likely to outlive most laptops so a good investment.
The price is what looses a star, other than that there are no design flaws, the gap between the stand and laptop allows ample air flow and reduces the need for the MacBook's cooling fans to kick in.
The packaging is similar to Apples own design, so will appeal to those going for looks.
Possibly a stocking filler for someone who's just purchased a new 17 inch laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and effective, 22 Nov 2011
My initial thought when the stand arrived was that it's a lot of money for a piece of bent metal!

But you get what you pay for and it's a very cleverly bent piece of high quality aluminium that perfectly matches my MacBook Pro and holds it very securely in place thanks to the rubber mounting pads.

I use the stand teamed with a wireless keyboard and magic trackpad to create a stylish and effective workstation - all I have to do now is find a way of producing some stylish and effective work with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get yourself one!, 9 Mar 2010
There's not much to say, it's a great stand, it follows Apple's sleek and stylish design and it's super sturdy (even with the 17" MBP model)! Very nice aluminium finish akin to the MBP design and rubber pads so it does scratch your desk or laptop! If you ever use your laptop on a desk and don't mind forking out for a separate keyboard and mouse as well, definately get yourself one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful piece of kit, 31 July 2009
G. Gilpin "Geoff" (Northamptonshire) - See all my reviews
This is a beautifully made stand which matches the Apple computer range perfectly. The laptop is securely held by a curved lip at the front and the silicone rubber pads on top of the stand so it cannot slip off. The hole in the back is fine for my purposes. Ergonomically, it seems just right although you will need to buy a separate keyboard (Apple, so it matches) as the laptop keyboard is too high to use easily.

Whether you think it's worth the money is another question but considering you've just bought a MacBook Pro I'd go with it. The stand from Griffin is cheaper but not nearly as stylish and I'd be concerned the laptop would slip off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the MBP of all sizes, 7 May 2011
Mr. C. Foster (UK) - See all my reviews
I initially bought the Griffin stand but had a change of mind before it even arrived. This stand was the only other serious alternative to me... it's a bit more expensive than the Griffin though.

The Rain Design mStand works perfectly with my 17" MBP, but it's worth keeping a grip on the front of the laptop while opening the lid.

Very happy with this purchase.