Format: Home|Change

on 8 May 2008
I love this alarm clock. If you don't wake up when this goes off then sadly you died in your sleep!

The vibrating element has a long lead so will easily go under your matress. It is nicely shaped so you won't know it is there... until the alarm goes off! I literally shakes your bed! And the alarm sound is extremely loud too!

You can set the alarm to sound only, vibrate only and sound and vibrate. You can adjust the tone and the volume of the beeping alarm. There is a 9 minute snooze button but with the vibrator on I found that it woke me so completely that I could not snooze!

The red display is good for looking at during the night without leaving an imprint on your retina and there is a button to set the display to bright or dim. The overal build is very robust feeling.

There is also a 9 volt battery backup so you won't lose your time and alarm setting should the electricity be interrupted during the night!

So all in all you can rest assured when you have this thing to wake you up!

All the buttons are self explanitory and setting up is very straight forward, although I would have liked a bigger alarm off button!

I bought mine from Thumbs Up UK Ltd, the first item I have bought from them. It is a little bit pricey but it was delivered very quickly and well packed.

A very good buy, well pleased with it!
66 comments|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2009
I love this alarm clock, it shakes me up and awake every day. I used to sleep through my alarm and get to work late because my insomnia was driving me half mad. I still sleep unusual hours but this vibrating alarm wakes me up every time. I do not use the audio alarm [which is very loud] as the vibrating gizmo pushed into my pillow case is all I need. This is my second unit as I stood on the power lead of my last one, while getting out of bed, snapped it and couldn't find a power lead to act as replacement. That aside I highly recommend this clock to anyone who needs to get up on time and sleeps through their regular alarm.
on 29 March 2016
The Sonic Bomb alarm clock successfully solved a problem that has troubled mankind since the dawn of time. I have a history of sleeping through up to 5 loud alarm clocks. I believe I must enter a semi-death like state, from which, it is almost impossible to be resurrected. That is, until the Sonic Bomb came in to my life. I had successfully avoided over sleeping in a new job for several years, until I went down with swine flu and had just finished an 18 hours shift. I had to be up again in 6 hours, but that horrible feeling, that I thought had been left behind when I left school, came flooding back. That blood draining 3 seconds of searching panic, when you try to get your head straight and make sense of the blurry clock reading, is perhaps one of the most dreadful of human experiences. Even though my boss understood that I had a reason to be 2 hours late, I felt like a right tool.

I signed on to Amazon that morning and found this amazing alarm clock. I totally agree with several other reviewers, if you do not wake when this activates, you have made the sacred journey to the perpetual state of the afterlife. The audible alarm is so loud that I shiver every time I think of it. Even so, if there's still a slight chance that you might not wake up, then the vibration plate is the defacto 100% back-up that we've needed all these years. How they got an exploding jumbo jet in to that small black disc is still a mystery to me. If it's under your pillow, you will wake up. If you have no pulse and have started to decompose, you will be resuscitated and then woken up. You literally cannot believe just how massive the vibrations are. I found that if I put the vibro disc on a wooden table, I could wake the whole house and hilariously convince family members that we were experiencing an earthquake, no I'm not joking, it fooled people several times, to the extent that they came running out of their room in a blistering panic, shouting 'everyone out'.
In summary, if you absolutely, totally, must get up at a certain time, we are very fortunate that the genius who created this, has given us a 100% reliable way of not sleeping in and doing 'that' walk of shame. The fact is that you have probably recently experienced that dreadful sinking feeling you get, just after having finally woken up late. This need to avoid falling victim to oversleeping again, has thankfully been satisfied completely by the Sonic Bomb and boy am I thankful that I took the leap of faith and bought one. A great invention, which has made a very much appreciated difference to my life. Sooner or later a Youtube prankster will strap the vibro disc to someones head while they're asleep, which will probably do the sales of this great product no harm at all.
on 3 November 2010
My son can sleep through and continue to snooze 4 alarm clocks at a time and still is unable to wake enough to get out of bed. I end up every day waking up by his alarms and then having to shake him out of bed. Well.... this does it all for me. It is so loud - unbelievably loud and the bed shaker is terrific. In fact the bed shaker alone is enough to get him up... he doesn't snooze it anymore because the fear of the bed shaker starting off again in 8 minutes gets him out of bed. Not for the light hearted I feel! Perfect review on YouTube..
on 22 March 2010
I cannot even begin to explain how glad I am to have an alarm clock that actually wakes me up!

I am a VERY heavy sleeper, (to the point of sleeping through a fire-alarm, not to mention an oil refinery exploding 5 miles from my house). I have tried various alarms over the years, including those that claim to be loud enough to wake anyone (not so). The biggest problem I have is managing to turn the alarm off whilst I'm still half-asleep.

This one actually manages to wake me up!!! Great Success!!! I tend not to put the actual alarm on as it is defeaning (as promised) and I've found that the vibrate function wakes me up nicely on its own. (I put it under my pillows as it would have just fallen through the slats in my bed if I had put it under my mattress).

Also, with regard to turning the alarm off, the big snooze button on the top is handy, but luckily enough for me, turning the alarm off completely requires moving a little slider on the side, which I haven't quite mastered in my half-awake state so at present it's still working!! :)

The only bad thing is that it isn't too good at timekeeping, and has a tendency to run fast (better than slow!) but its not the end of the world.
VINE VOICEon 19 April 2009
Ok. This thing is awesome.

I used to have to set 3 alarm clocks and even these didn't always wake me up. I was weighing up if to get this (as it's expensive) or a cheaper alternative, went for the cheaper fireman alarm, it was rubbish, sent it back, got a refund, decided to risk it and get the Sonic Bomb. Risk worth it.

Sonic bomb is awesome, the thing goes nuts and the vibrator goes crazy. it's not actually as loud as it says, but it's VERY loud, and the combination of it going nuts, shaking, vibrator, loud noise, flashing lights, it wakes me up every time. I've NEVER slept through it, and to be frank, if you do, please go see a doctor. Awesome alarm clock.
on 10 January 2010
I bought this alarm clock for my sixteen year old daughter, who for ages we have joked needs a bomb to wake her. She even once slept through an earthquake which rocked our house and she didn't even notice! However, this clock is brilliant! she loves it and so do I because it is very stressful trying to get a teenager out of bed when you are busy looking after the rest of the household and getting ready for work yourself! She has placed the vibrating pad under her pillow and that, coupled with the sound, actually does get her up! Item is excellent and does exactly what it says. Supplier was prompt and efficient and item was well packaged. Highly recommended.
on 30 June 2008
For a long time, I have had the reputation of being able to sleep through a bomb blast. However, that literally changed when I got this alarm clock! Before this, I would have alarms going off for a couple of hours and I wouldn't wake up...but the neighbors would! In order to keep the peace, I bought this alarm clock and to date solely used the vibrating function, because that is all I needed. I am instantly woken up by the vibrations and I am WIDE awake, not half out of it. I tested the alarm "buzz" as well, and I think that it would DEFINITELY wake me up if needed, but the bed shaker works so well that I don't need it. Also, since I travel a lot to the US, I was thrilled to see that the clock is fully world wide compatible on mains power. My only issue with the clock itself is that the screen is VERY bright, even on the low setting. I have the clock facing me on an angle so that I am not blinded by it. Overall though, this clock REALLY works and it has made me a bit more of a morning person for the first time!
on 19 October 2011
A brilliant alarm for the heavy sleeper.

The Vibrator is very strong, and wakes me up every morning without fail! The cable is very long too, so you can put the alarm a long way away.

The alarms beep isn't earth shattering-ly loud, so if you need some real stimulation, get a second alarm with better speakers!

Do you always turn off your alarm, and subconciously get back into bed?
My advice is to spend maybe 10 minutes every night (for a fortnight,) turning off your light, setting your alarm for 3 minutes time, lie in bed with your eyes closed, and wait for the alarm to go off. When it does, let it run for half a minute, then get up, walk over to the alarm, switch it off and walk out of your room to your bathroom. Your body learns what to do, alot like automatically checking your pockets for your keys when you walk out the front door, so before you know it you'll teach yourself to be straight up and ready to start the day!
VINE VOICEon 19 April 2009
Ok. This thing is awesome.