Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: 850 W|Change

on 28 July 2009
This drill is awsome - my outside stone walls are 22 inches thick and it drilled straight through as though it was balsa wood - with the chisel in it cut a hole though the wall in less than 15 minutes - from a safety point of view the safety clutch stops any mishaps (like broken wrists) if the drill does jam - well worth the money
on 17 August 2011
Very pleased with this drill. Purchase purely for the hammer chisel function to break up a large concrete and bricks "garden feature" after being shocked by the quotes for builders to do it for me. I started and failed miserably with a sledge hammer and broke 2 pick axe handles on the first attempt so took the plunge and bought the cheapest SDS drill I could find. I was very surprised how effortlessly this tool sliced through the structure and allowed me to break it into manageable pieces to dispose of. Initial impression was that the carry case was very weak and I wouldn't expect it to last long if you are carrying it around much but this is not an issue for me as is purely for occasional DIY use. The castings on the drill itself are a little rough and you can see by the finish and materials that it is made to a price so not sure how it would stand up to continuous heavy use by a pro. Having said that for me it has worked perfectly and for the price its an absolute bargain. Its more than paid for itself and I strongly recommend it.
on 3 May 2012
Great value for money. Bought it to take down a largish area of double skinned masonry wall. Having done this before with hand tools and considered renting a Kango I decided that for this money it was worth a punt. Hire of a Kango for a day was just short of the price for this drill. Not the most elegant piece of kit but robust, powerful enough for most DIY jobs , good accessories (2 chisel bits and some large bore drills). Very easy mechanism for loading and locking bits. Quite heavy to use or prolonged periods but no way around that. Others have commented on the poor quality box, at this price I thought the box was a bonus! One moan, the instruction leaflet is a bit lacking on detail...what do you do with the little tub of grease?! I have tried some ineffectual rubbing on the moving parts. And there's a long thing metal rod with a bend in it. A mystery. All in all though a very good buy that saved me money, I was able to recyle some the bricks, time and effort. NB Wear gloves , goggles and ear defenders (these are very important with this type of power tool). I have since bought an angle grinder from this company. Another very good buy.
on 28 September 2009
everything I expected good set of drill & chisel bits came with the drill certainly seems to do the job very well.
on 4 August 2011
This Silverline 633821 850 Watt SDS Hamer drill is a real beast and not in the negative term, I had my Bosch GBH 3-28 stolen from my garage in June so I really did not want to purchase something as expensive as the GBH 3-28 again, I came across this Silverline sds hammer on Amazon I already own a few Silverline tools and generally find them to be excellent so I thought what the heck for £45 what have I got to lose, the drill arrived in a pretty cheap and flimsy injection moulded case so my first impression was oh no its rubbish! the drill is a fairly ugly thing not as pleasing to the eye as the Bosch GBH 3-28, but it performs everybit as well as the Bosch which cost around £270 so all in all i'am very pleased with my purchase.
on 27 March 2012
Received today with Amazons usual good service. Easily removed about 5 square meters of firmly attached wall tiles. It seems very well made, only time will tell. My only negative comment is about the very very very poorly made case which was broken & cracked on arrival, I do not remember seeing such poor quality plastic. I would have preferred to have paid a couple of pounds more for a better case. Only the drill gets the 5 stars,(case gets -10)
Having used this drill for approx 12 months now while renovating our home, digging up concrete, chasing out walls, demolishing a long garden wall & drilling very large holes through walls and removing acres of wall & floor tiles I can confirm that it is still working well (looks a bit worse for wear but to be expected) as I said previously the case was rubbish and has long gone to the tool boxes in the sky. If you need this type of tool buy it!!!
on 17 April 2012
This is ideal for projects around the home and apart from the normal drill function has the hammer drill and the chisel functions.It appealed to me as I need to chase some channels into walls and the chisel mechanism saves a lot of effort compared to chipping away with a hand chisel.
It would be suitable for some light concrete jobs as a breaker but for the really heavy jobs one would still need to go to the hire shop for the kango breaker.It comes with a selection of small masonery drills and a point and a flat chisel.You might need to add to your collection of drills and chisels for drilling in to thick walls and for chasing channels or for removing tiles-these can be expensive and make sure that you check that they fit the SDS chuck.
This is great value for money compared with the well known brands and ideal for my own purposes but if I was using this for work as a building professional then I would need something a bit more robust.
on 22 June 2014
Warning! This is not a toy!

I got this to drill some screw holes into a particularly hard wall, and it worked a treat. Not content with this, I used the drill to make a hole in some concrete for me to put a fence post. It worked then too, once I'd got some more drill heads. Be careful with a drill like this though, as it is very powerful and its easy to do yourself harm. At one point, the drill head had got jammed when I had it on hammer action. I thought I could just switch it to drill mode, and get it out that way. Boy that was a mistake. If you do that, and the head is jammed good and proper, then the whole drill will just spin right round and whack you very hard in the ankle.

Also, after prolonged drilling, more than strictly necessary if I'm honest, you will find that the joints in your hand begin to ache a bit, but you will feel very manly, so its worth it.
on 7 October 2013
I made my purchase based on both product use and it's cost, a value for money drill BACKED up with a 3 year warranty and within a month of purchase the rubber chuck housing has failed. On contacting the company they said I would have to send it back at my cost for a repair to be made. The spare part would cost about £8.00, to send it back would cost approx £12.00.
If you factor in postage both ways, labour for the repair and the cost of the part I struggle to see why a professional company would not just send the part for me to fit. on rough costings with labour based at £30/hour, the cost would be over £60. £10 more expensive than a new drill.
The warranty is just "lip service" and not an effective way to repair products. I can only say that I am totally dis-appointed with their customer service and lack of customer proactivity.
I will be advising all of my friends and colleagues not to by any Silverline Tools or products from their associated company Toolstream.
Buyers beware the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. If it breaks be prepared to replace the faulty unit new one.

Regards

A totally dis-gruntled purchaser
on 30 May 2012
First class recommend for all diy guys and girls.Easy to use and very powerful glides through the toughest of bricks and masonary.