5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality hiking socks. Warm and comfortable.
I've bought Bridgedale socks for years and have always been impressed by the quality. They wash and tumble dry well without losing shape. The instructions say wash on 40 degree wool cycle without fabric conditioner and tumble dry on low heat but I've always just thrown them in with the normal wash.
These are midweight: 4/5 on the bridgedale warmth scale and 3/5 on...
Published on 1 Jun. 2011 by debbie8355

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not wonderful
Bought these for my 10 year old son, due to the cold conditions we were having recently.

He found them a bit uncomfortable, which was a shame given the amount of money I paid.

I won't buy again.
Published on 20 Jan. 2010 by J. M. Guerin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality hiking socks. Warm and comfortable., 1 Jun. 2011
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bridgedale Junior Trekker Socks (Sports Apparel)
These are midweight: 4/5 on the bridgedale warmth scale and 3/5 on the cushion scale.
The ankle cuff is taller than it appears in the photo as you can choose to fold it over or not. On the XL size 3-5 the toe to heel length is 18cm and heel to top of sock height is 21cm.
Great to wear with hiking boots but they're much too thick to wear with normal shoes.
On the packaging label it says they come with a three year Woolfusion guarantee. You can exchange them at any time within 3 years of purchase "if you are not completely satisfied with the quality and performance of your Bridgedale socks".
Fibre content is 37% nylon, 31% new wool, 31% endurofil and 1% lycra.
The only thing that identifies them as junior socks is a small j-xl logo underneath your toes so they are also suitable for adults with slim feet.
I bought the black and blue colourway - they are a slightly different pattern to the Amazon stock photo. They say Bridgedale in blue lettering above the blue toe colour block area and have 10 short neon green lines above that (not blue as pictured). If anything they look better than the Amazon photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable socks I've ever worn, 24 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Bridgedale Junior Trekker Socks (Sports Apparel)
My shoe size is UK 4EE, and the Extra Large Junior Trekkers are a perfect fit. I'm delighted to have found them as they are so-o-o-o comfortable, I actually look forward to wearing them. I walk dogs for a living, so am on my feet all day and have despaired of having to discard expensive socks which manage to ruck or ride up or slide down, rub at the sides or whatever. These really cushion my feet, keep them dry and stay put - all for under a fiver a pair. (For the midnight blue ones. The petrol blue and pink ones - which I also like very much, cost a little bit more in my size.) I can't believe my luck and have stocked up on the cheaper ones before they all sell out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my Life! fast Delivery, 24 Jun. 2012
Mr. J. Goodall (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a pair of kids hiking/walking sock ASAP for a school residential. These arrived the next day and my daughter assures me they are the 'comfiest socks in the world'. Flippin good job! I was horrified by the price of decent socks, not being a walker myself, but I have to agree that these are super soft and very well made. They are going to last!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Socks!, 8 Nov. 2011
I ordered these for my daughter to wear with her wellies. Lovely and soft, nice colours and comfy for her to wear. Just wish they were a tad longer but they are still plenty long enough to tuck her trousers into. Overall, very pleased with price and quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for kids!, 8 April 2011
Mrs. S. M. Miller "Lo Ky" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Had a lot of trouble finding hiking socks for my 6-year-old boy (especially in April!) and these looked good so thought, why not! They are fantastic value, really comfortable (he says) and wash well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not wonderful, 20 Jan. 2010
J. M. Guerin (UK) - See all my reviews

I won't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality socks, 3 May 2010
Bought two pairs for my boys to wear with hiking boots and they are perfect wash well and are well padded for these types of boots boys love them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nux, 10 Jan. 2012
Great quality, hard wearing but also soft and comfortable kids sock. Washes well and has not shrunk. Very good value for money.

Bridgedale Junior Trekker Socks