Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 March 2007
I got this album yesterday and I can say that I'm still under impressions. This album is totally different from previous and I can't say it's trance, it 's some mixture of various styles. I can't say that all songs are amazing, but for sure with this release we got some excellent songs. The first song, "Ten seconds before sunrise", seems boring when you first listen to it, but actually it's quite relaxing. "Everything", the second track on the album, done with Jes, is for sure one of the best. Vocals are amazing thanks to Jes, but the first time I heard the song I said to myself: "Omg, I heard this song somewhere before!", because I recognized the melody starting after 5th minute. And I was right, the melody is completely the same as the one in "Dreaming [Lucid's 12" Club Mix]- BT" found on "In Search of Sunrise 2." I don't know if this was done intentionally or not, but melody is the same. Other songs: Do you feel me(closer to electro-house than to trance but very good), Carpe Noctum (uplifiting, some mixture of electro-house and trance, similar to Lethal Industry and Traffic in the uplifting sense so to say), Driving to Heaven (unfortunately I didn't like this one), Sweet Things(very good, but strange, sounds like rock :S, vocals like from those gothic songs), Bright Morningstar(Andy Moor -like style, and this is not the only one song where Tiesto uses sounds similar to those of Andy Moor), Break My Fall(similar to Love Comes Again, I think that the same guy is singing this one too, very good), In The Dark(this new style, strange because sometimes it sounds like rock), Dance4life(we all heard it before, nothing to say but Tiesto should cooperate with Faithless more in future :D), Elements of Life(not bad, nothing special), He's a Pirate(bonus track, heard it before, good). For sure, Tiesto is heading in some new direction with this album, and for now it's quite good, so I recommend this album.
on 3 August 2007
I really like Tiesto's music, as a Trance Fan. This cd though only has 2 decent tracks. They are, however VERY good and I enjoy them a lot. They are tracks 11 and 12. 11 being Elements of Life, a great, mellow uplifting song and the last one, the Pirates of the Carribean trance mixed version. The guy's a legend just for making this song! LOVE IT!
on 9 May 2007
If you're looking for the harder Tiesto style of "Adagio for strings" and "Lethal Industry" then this album is definately not for you.

The current style (Since Sunrise 5) lacks the atmosphere that Tiesto once had.

This album is perhaps aimed at a larger market rather than just your avid Trance fan and even his live shows, the last one of which I saw at Brixton academy in London, was no-where near what I have seen on his european tours in the past.

I'll stick with my trance channel on internet radio from now on!
on 20 April 2007
Tiesto's new album is a blend of the new and old sounds of trance. As with all of tiesto's music albums and mixes he takes u on a journey and this is no exception as he starts off very slowly and increases the pace until the final explosion at the end of the album. It starts off very slowly with the sometimes haunting ten seconds before sunrise which is very similar to the track magik journey. Next is everything which is a pretty nice but slow vocal trance piece which borrows its main hook from BT's dreaming. Do you feel me is another slow vocal trance piece. Carpe Noctum is the traffic of this album. very similar in style and sounds gr8. driving to heaven is a bit of an experimental track i think with tiesto showing off his new sound which is lot more electronica but it still has the tiesto sound about it. Sweet things is the first of 3 Tiesto BT collaborations. Brilliant vocals from charlotte martin mixed with the undeniable bass line and melody tht we have become to expect from Tiesto and BT. Bright morning star is the next collaboration with BT and its another experimental track but it works very well with a driving bass line. Break my fall is BT's final collab onb the album and this time he's back to give his vocals another go on this follow up to love comes again and wat a good foolow up it is. In the Dark is next and this track grows on you. All the tiesto elements are there and it explodes in to a gr8 melody. Dance 4 life follows with a new cut from the single versions and i have to say its my favourite of all. It finally explodes in to the gr8 track it shud have been. Elements of life is the stand out track for me described by sum as sounding like funeral music to begin with but it really feels like another adagio for strings due in part to the the help from geert (magik journey, forever today) huinik who has added his musical know how to the track. And finally the journey is complete with the excellent he's a pirate which is an awesome track which just puts a smil on your face when it explodes. I love this album and it will continue to grow on me. Gr8 job tiesto.
on 17 July 2007
Poor old Tiesto. Being the world's biggest dj seems to have made him public enemy number 1 with the press. Despite what i've seen and read, this album is very good.
Perhaps not the classic tiesto sound everyone knows, but perhaps this is a good thing, he's nurtured he's sound, it seem's a more grown-up trance sound.
Stand-out tracks include In The Dark and Sweet Things.
on 7 May 2013
Another wonderfull album :)
The tracks I like most is for sure the ones with female voices.
If I could have more of it with a lower price...
on 24 May 2007
Good album but different, quite dissapointed after tiesto is known for producing some of the best uplifting trance tunes ever, i think were missing something on this album. For you dissapointed trance fans, i highly recommend the new Armin Van Buuren album called A state of trance 2007, as this will simply blow your mind!
on 4 April 2007
First, the track list stated on this site does not reflect my actual cd track list , mine goes as follow :

1. Ten Seconds before Sunrise

8. Break My Fall

9. In the Dark

10. Dance4Life

11. Elements of Life

12. He's a Pirate (Tiesto Remix)

This being said, here it goes:

Artist reputation : *****

Production quality : ****

Musical Innovations : ** (BT's song/collabarion on this release sounds just like "Love comes again" from the "Just Be" album)

Compare to artist's previous album : ** (The album Just Be's bar was just too high to match)

"Deja vu" factor : Not much surprises in this release, see "musical innovations".

Compare to other reviews : Way Over rated...

Dance 4 life : A song that is not that good alone, but given the fack it supports a good cause , it's suddenly a master track/hit ? Hummmm....

As far as this album being the BEST electronic release in years, well try Above & Beyond's Tri-State or Darren Tate's Horizon 01

And that's it for me !

Cheers

:o)
on 21 April 2009
This is a great dance album, when I listened to it for the first time, I had to listen to it all over again. The bonus track "He's a pirate" (vocal samples/excerpts taken from "Pirates of The Carribean") is ace but all the tracks are very good.
on 8 July 2007
this new album by the legendary tiesto does NOT dissapoint!! is is a little different in places from sum of his older stuff, but this is a must have if you're a tiesto fan!! buy it!!