5.0 out of 5 stars Standard galvanised 8mm (5/16") length heavy duty staple
These staples are a standard heavy duty size, 0.6mm by 1.2mm in section, points on a 10mm pitch, with the tines having an 8mm (5/16") length. The points are symmetrically sharpened to allow better entry into harder materials such as wood.

Published 13 months ago by R. F. Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars do the job
what can I say

they are staples and they do the job

i use them for arts and crafts
and they work and hold in place
Published 13 months ago by F. Oconnor

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard galvanised 8mm (5/16") length heavy duty staple, 7 Feb. 2014
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 Type Staples 8mm (2000) (Office Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I used them with both my Wickes heavy duty staple gun and the Tacwise Z1-140 stapler kindly supplied by Tacwise to evaluate the staples for this Vine test. The adjustable drive of the Wickes gun allowed me to fully insert some staples into a scrap piece of Oak without the staple bending out of true, so the strength of the staples is adequate. The non-adjustable Z1-140 gun could only insert an 8mm staple halfway into the Oak but was fine on much softer Pine.

These staples claim to be galvanised; rust resistance is very important to me to prevent staining when used for upholstery, etc. So I tried a standard rust test, by leaving one in a saucer of water for a few days, and was pleased to see no signs of rust. This was significantly better than a standard light duty 26/6 office staple which quickly rusted in a second saucer alongside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lock 'n' Load, 4 Mar. 2014
Duncurin (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Some years ago after insulating and boarding out my loft to make a storage area for suitcases, Xmas decs and other paraphernalia, I got a bit carried away. My wife will tell you that it is only by a very far stretch of the imagination and with considerable exaggeration that I could be described as being a competent DIY-er. She much prefers the term ‘half-a-job’ and by this, of course she means rarely finished and rarely satisfactory.
I decided with a suitable manly flourish to purchase rolls and rolls of aluminium foil, quilty stuff; and with this I was going to fasten it between the roof spars, thereby enhancing the insulation still further.
This turned out to be a big mistake, because the only thing I could think of to pin the quilt to the spars were tacks. These proved to be very nasty in confined spaces – especially when I succeeded in knocking over the container they were in. They were devilishly sharp but hard to control, especially with my cave-man-like skills with a hammer. Only a few actually managed to pierce quilt to wood and far more flew off at every possible angle and many right into my thumb.

How much easier these wonderful staples would have made this job. Many thanks to Tacwise for also including the staple gun so that I could conduct a thorough review; and to this end I have spent most of this afternoon up there. This has allowed me to finish in spectacular fashion what I started a couple of winters ago. This staple gun is so easy to load, and even for a weedy chap like me – very easy to use. I am amazed at how well it penetrates with a simply squeeze of the trigger. It is especially good at awkward angles like round the roof timbers and also in confined spaces. A much better job was done in a fraction of the time of my original efforts, and whilst not wanting to boast – it looks rather professional, and, I suspect, it may even pass with flying colours the wife’s inspection. Many thanks.
NB though it is extremely safe to use, eye protection strongly advised at all times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and work everytime., 30 Mar. 2014
RJP the Book Boy "Book boy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Tackwise staples.
------------------------
Hey sent me a gun as well as the staples to review so I am reviewing both the gun and the staples here.

This gun comes blister packed with some staples. Multi lingual instructions are included on how to load it. It is very easy to use

In use.
---------
The gun appears well built and was easy to load. It has a safety catch to lock down the handle which is a good idea. There is also a belt clip so that it is easy to carry if using other tools in rotation. The staples go into plaster and wood very securely. The gun is easy to use but requires a firm hand to fire it accurately. I have recently used it while re-felting a shed, it was great to use and helped position the felt easily. The staples always go in and never seem to bend. They feed from the gun without jamming every time. In fact since owning this I have got through three boxes of staples and never had a jam.

Overall.
----------
A good little gun capable of doing plenty of work around the house, garage, sheds and workshops. . A very useful addition to my home tool kit. The staples are reasonably priced and very well made. All in all a great system from Tackwise that will be useful all around the home on lots of DIY projects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong staples, 4 April 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strong enough that they don't break apart when the stapler impacts on the head and hard enough to be driven into most wood types without flattening out.

I had to put some plastic netting around some fence posts that were awaiting panels to be fitted. I loaded these into a tacwise stapler I had and just flew around tacking the netting in place. I was having so much fun, I forgot that I would have to remove them all later on!

When it came to pulling them out I gave up and just started ripping the netting away. The staples are still there and now painted over!

The success of these staples will depend upon the stapler you are using, You don't need to use a Tacwise stapler as these will fit a variety of guns. I'll upload a picture of the box showing the range. If the stapler is underpowered then you may not get good results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 Type Staples 8mm, 27 Mar. 2014
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pack affords you pretty good value; the Tacwise staples are a quality product; however these staple pins will fit other branded DIY staplers. I would recommend them to anyone with a job that needs to be done. As these staples pins are pretty tough, making them robust enough for a large plethora of jobs. We hardly had any misfires and no `deformed' pins. The Tacker, we received free for the purposes of the review, sits well in your hand and is easy to operate even when you have a lot of stapling to do. Just imagine trying to do this job using a hammer and pins.

All in all these are two very good products from a good specialist company. Tacwise Heavy Duty 140 Type Staples 8mm are real quality staples, which will not rust, and hence worth the extra outlay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what they should., 28 Jan. 2014
S. Broadbent "cyberspaceexpress" (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What can i say about a packet of staples.
1. They come in a nice well presented re-usable box.
2. They are galvanised to make them resistant to rust.
3. They fit perfectly in the staple gun, provided you have the correct model.
4. They can staple a multitude of different things.
5. They are small and lightweight, making them highly portable.
6. The staples are all matching, perfect for the fashion conscious
7. Simple to use, no complicated instructions.
8. Very long shelf life.
9. Well made high quality manufacture.
10. Cheap, low cost per unit.
I can't add anything else, a fine low tech product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tacky excellence!, 3 Mar. 2014
TheRedBlueBlur (England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant! I used these staples in my Tacwise Z1-140 and they easily punched through card, ply, coated mdf skirting boards, fencing, timber, tin, wood and a steel can. In the interests of science of course, I even effortlessly tacked a steel can to a fence post.

A superb accompaniment to the Tacwise Staple Tacker Z1-140, although they apparently fit a whole host of other staple guns too, like the Stanley G11, Arrow T-50 and the Rapid R34. Actually there are nearly 150 other models listed on the packet that they fit as well as another "140 (unlisted) tackers"... if you really want to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thicker staple for a firmer hold, 10 April 2014
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pack of Tacwise staples fits the colour coded green, 140 series Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker which only fits staples and not pins. This pack contains 2000 staples. The 8mm size refers to the depth of the staples which are around 1 mm wide - about three times as thick as a regular staple. (All Tacwise staples are slightly shorter than regular stationery staples). The difference between the green 140 series and the blue 53 series is the width of the staple. The Green series is three times as thick and this is what makes them 'heavy duty'. The packaging suggests that these staples are compatible with other brands of staple gun, namely the Stanley G11 and the Arrow T-50. The staples are galvanised, which makes them ideal for using outdoors.

I would recommend the 8mm staples for tacking fabric, card or material that wasn't going to come in for too much pull on it since, although the breath is thick, the depth of the staples is only 8 mm. For anything needing stronger securing such as a tarpaulin that may catch the wind, I would recommend deeper staples as used with the Tacwise 0847 Z3-53L Staple / Nail Gun, which takes the 53 series which is colour-coded blue and features deeper penetrating but thinner staples.

Do stick to Tacwise's colour-coding guidelines because different colour-coded staples do not work in their stable guns that are NOT correspondingly colour-coded. This is because the staple is a different breadth and will be spat out of the back. (I just tried it in the interests of experimentation.)The staples themselves are good strong quality as you would expect from a reputable company such as Tacwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strog and sturdy, 14 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The staples are thick, sturdy and strong. They are larger than I expected them to be and were actually surplus to requirements for the size and I could have easily stapled to almost a centimetre depth with ease, when used with the tackwise stapler, which plunged them through like a hot knife through butter. My husband uses these staples for school mount boards predominantly and everything is fixed firmly into place. These staples are perfect for tacking through thicker materials like upholstery or carpeting, into wood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hefty, heavy staple., 7 Feb. 2014
Z. Herbert "solaan" (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Each strip of staples is full length and fits perfectly in the Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Tacker (which I have also reviewed.) The heavy duty staples have a wide surface area, are strong and are a shiny silver coloured metal. As the staples are quite wide, they would hold plastic against board with less chance of cutting through the plastic. Being an 8mm staple rather than the 6mm staple supplied with the original Z1-140 Tacker, they are better suited to stapling a thicker material, such as carpet, to a surface.

The Z1-140 does not drive home the 8mm staples as completely as it does the 6mm staples when stapling into chipboard. When using the 8mm staples into softwood, the Z1-140 Tacker drove the staple fully home. With the 8mm staples and harder materials the Z1-140 needs to have pressure applied to the top of the tacker to reduce the chance of the stapler bouncing up when punching in the staple. This didn't happen for me with the 6mm staples. If you are wanting to put in temporary staples that will be levered out at a later date then the 8mm with the Z1-140 is an ideal combination for chipboard.

I have found them to be a solid staple.