on 26 October 2010
I bought this product for both my kids hamsters.Both hamsters love their new bed napper even though they had a bed, both have gone to sleeping in their new bed napper .The only problem with this product is one of the hamsters is pulling at the fluff around the bed i guess to cover her up over her boby.Yes i would buy this bed napper again for the hamsters as they both loved it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 December 2014
I bought this is an out of cage toy for our hamster. I wouldn't recommend putting it in the cage as a main bed as man made materials like this can block the digestive system and kill a hamster, if chewed and swallowed. So, bearing that in mind, it is a nice little hamster napper, and ours immediately jumped in it and curled up. They do like small round things to curl up in. Ours would have preferred it to have higher sides so he could bury himself a bit deeper, so did try to dig through the bottom a bit but we just put a blanket half over it and he was happy. It has a kind of waterproof base which is good, so if they do happen to wee, it won't go all over your sofa. I popped ours on the sofa on top of his fleecy blanket and it was good for out of cage time - deterred him from wanting to run away (jumping off the sofa can damage them too as it's too high). Putting a little treat in it encourages them to go in first time. Really it's just a retreat for when he is out playing.
on 11 December 2012
Although my hamster doesn't like to sleep in this, he seems to find it comforting and often digs in it.
on 3 July 2012
Our Syrian has absolutely no interest in using this as a bed. I even tried rubbing his scent on it and putting it in his nest. He slept under it! Then he chewed a hole in it and I gave up. Clearly he's happier with his own pile of paper and card that he builds for himself.
on 28 June 2015
I brought this for my rats just as a little chill spot and they don't sleep in it but they do like to grab food out the bowl and go sit in it and eat. It is small but it does say a hamster bed so not complaining about that. Glad I brought it though.
on 17 April 2012
I gave this product a five star rating as our hamster loves it, & sleeps in it all the time. She prefers it to the other bedding options in her cage!!
Very well worth the bargain price paid, & delivered in two days from placing the order!!!
on 30 January 2012
Took a little time untill my hamster would actually sleep in this he would just dig and chew this to start with but once I bought something to go over the top of it so hes more hidden he sleeps in in and looks so cute
on 5 January 2015
Sadly my Syrian hamster chewed a big hole in this in a day, it's such a shame as it looks create and seemed very snuggly but I was too worried about him eating some of the filler stuff so I had to bin it.
on 14 December 2012
Sybil, my Son's hamster loves this, I suppose it's like a room at The Ritz. We bought another one so she is not put out when the original one needs laundering. I know, I know only slighty though lol.
on 26 February 2013
Very soft and comfortable. This gerbil bed is quite big so I would only recommend it if you have 2 - 4 gerbils. Unfortunately, my gerbils don't choose to sleep in it though! Good value for money.