Price:£16.88+ Free shipping

on 30 January 2008
I've been solving sudoku since they first came to the UK. They're one of my favourite wastes of time. I bought this version of the game for the DS mainly because of the other reviews - and I'm so glad I did.

It's easy to use, you can *de-frill* the graphics to a real basic if you want to (I think it makes the screen less distracting that way) and the puzzles are great. I'm still working my way through the initial Easy/Medium/Hard puzzles but when these are complete the game unlocks access to a staggering 20 MILLION grids.

Haven't tried the kakuro yet, but that's another game included for good measure.

Entry methods on the touch screen are varied - you can write directly or use a grid and you can include pencil marks to help your thinking.

The only (very minor) criticism I have of this game is that the numbers are on the small side - might not be great for you if you have problems with reading small type. But if not - get this, it's great!
on 4 July 2007
The Product Features describe this product quite accurately, but they do not quite get over how much there is in this product. I have been doing Sudoku since day 1, and am constantly looking for more challenges. This is the one. This is a brilliant product. If you only have one Sudoku game make it this. There are rewards for completing various grids. These come in varying forms ie different challenges (grid based games, like subtract numbers to leave zero, joining pairs without lines crossing or shuffling numbers round to become sequential)or new skins or different fonts. If your stuck, you get clues,(so why not try a harder version occasionally?). There is an option for the easiest square on the grid.
This really is fantastic value. I bought it to last a fortnight on holiday including 2x 8 hour plane flights, and have used it constantly and haven't even won my way through to the 2 million grid option yet. I have even started playing Kakuro following the very informative inbuilt tutorial.
I read all the other Amazon feedbacks for other Sudoku and was sceptical about spending so much money, but I can honestly say this is real value for money.
on 4 September 2007
As a newcomer to the Sudoku puzzle craze who has since become addicted I can certainly recommend this DS game.

Its easy to follow, has good graphics, is user friendly and is a quality game which I would recommend to anyone. There are loads of puzzles to solve and you can use cheats to help you if you are stuck at any point. You can also select the difficulty of the game.
Buy this game if you are a closet DS puzzler along with 'Touchmaster' if you like card games etc. (They're both just as addictive. Get solving.
on 13 May 2008
I have to say that i have hated doing maths at school for years, but i do like the easier sudoku puzzles in books so i thought i'd give this a try.

The reason i've given it such an high score it actually made subtraction enjoyable! I'm also hooked on the kakuro puzzles.

It breaks your games up by giving you other little puzzles to complete as well which are also quite enjoyable. You can also unlock games as you go along.

one slight niggle though, the tutorial was really easy so you think the easy levels are gonna be similar but as a novice i found them quite tricky and had to use the options for the game to put in the possibilities in each square until i got going. So i dread to think how hard the hard levels are going to be as the helpful options arent available in the hard modes.

I just hoping i will have mastered it by time i get to those levels! I havent unlocked the 20,000 sudoku grids option yet but hopefully i'll be an expert by time i do and this game should keep me going for months..years even!!
on 11 July 2011
I've had few other suddoku games before, like suddoku master and brain age, but this is the best! I'ts fun with all the extras and games. I think that grid size is very good and with all different fonts to choose from, You'll find the easiest to read. Only thing I miss is the option where you can see all the numbers of the kind (eg fives or fours) highlighted, like it's possible in suddoku master. I like that it is possible insert numbers without writing them, as in brain age I could never write the number so that game would understand what I ment. I like that You get rewarded for solving puzzels with new openings, it's motivating and makes it more fun.Kakuro is also cool and it's easy to learn from beginning.
What I do not understand, is why it is nessesary to have 20 million grids? Even when You started to solve suddokus at the age of 10, lived until 100 years old and had time (and no life) to solve 100 puzzels per day, You could still only solve about 3 million of them:))
on 11 November 2010
I got into Sudoku because of Brain Training, and I wanted more puzzles. I bought this game because of the positive reviews, played it a bit, then lent it to my husband. All my scores were overwritten because the game doesn't allow more than one 'profile'. Eventually hubby bought me a new copy!

The easy puzzles get tricky quite quickly, so not something to relax with. If a friend has a copy, you can solve puzzles co-operatively, or compete in a duel to see who can solve the puzzle first. Kakuro is fun, a bit like a crossword with numbers. The easy kakuro puzzles are really easy.

I found the 'coaches' a bit annoying, evidently aimed at the teen - 20something age group.

The best Sudoku game available when I bought my copy, and probably still one of the best.
on 8 October 2008
I received this game today. I immediately found the grid too small on the screen and it started to affect my eyesight. AFter 30 minutes I had to give up because it had given me headache. (I have for the past year been playing the Suduko on the Brain Training game and their grids takes up the whole screen and havent had any issues).
on 25 January 2009
I have been playing sudoku for some years now, and recently bought this puzzler for my DS. I was a little surprised at how difficult many of the "easy" puzzles were to complete. My record is about four minutes but others have me stumped for half an hour - perhaps I'm just getting tired. Which brings me to my one niggle with this software. You appear only to be able to input your solutions in the "default" purple colour. You can change the font but NOT the colour - which is really annoying as I find the purple colour very hard on the eye. Perhaps when more grids become unlocked it may be an option, but it should be possible to choose your input colour from game 1.
on 24 April 2014
enjoying the games. only on basic level as yet but that's enough of a challenge - a gradual build up. clear screen, easy to use.
on 27 June 2013
I found this game met every level and understanding, first rate. However I found the delvery time rather disappointing sorry!