5.0 out of 5 stars Working just great after good period of time
Published 9 months ago by Steve Walsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works
These are brilliant little gizmo's that do the job that's required of them excellently, while they work. I've just ordered my third as they do have a very short life span as other reviewers have said before me. They're easy to set up and small so they can be tucked away which is why I re-order, hopefully my next one will last a little longer - 3rd time lucky!
Published 14 months ago by Ms Day

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: (ONE-FOR -ALL) Amplied Signal Splitter with 4 Outputs (SV9542) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Working just great after good period of time, 23 May 2014
The gut reaction is always to leave feedback when you install a new product only to find it does not last for long. In this case it is some time now since I purchased and fitted this unit and it works just great. Good quality picture and great signal amplification. We are surrounded by trees and the signal was always hit and miss. This cured that problem and now the TV's connected to it work 100% and all of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 2 Nov. 2010
J P. McHugh (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
Didn't have any issues with this device. It was plug and play, simple as that. I bought this one specifically as it seemed to boost more than the cheaper ones I saw. It now sits in the loft, powering 3 TVs with a great Freeview signal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Control Signal Strength, 27 Oct. 2011
D. Alcock - See all my reviews
This arrived well packed and in good time.

My intention was to use this item to power a TV and two recording PVR's (Ready for the Christmas programs) a Humax and a TVonics. When I got the One-for_All, the instructions seemed to show all outputs should be TV's, and as I already had had a disappointing result with a Philex amp/splitter I hoped that the One-For-All would work as it had a powerful amplification of up to 20db's.

Having set it all up I was disappointed to see that the signal via one PVR was pixelating quite badly. However on further reading the leaflet I noted that you could (A) wire it differently, and that (B) poor signals also get amplified as well as bad. You can input the aerial directly to a PVR out-put from that to the One-For-All then use it's outputs to the TV's. etc.
I solved my problem with the following fix.

1) Humax settings are now set to indoor aerial.
2) The TV aerial goes directly into the TVonics PVR input, and the output from TVonics goes to the One for all: then two of the four outputs from the One-For-All go to the TV and the Humax. This means the TVonics needs to be on if I use the Humax, but I am still experimenting.
3) I actually turned DOWN the signal strength from full on, to only half, and then everything worked well.
I think controlling the signal strength is the key to getting all your stuff to work.
I will update this info in a month...remind me! :)

Boing! : Part 2 :
Thanks for the reminder!
Indeed I am very happy with the item as per above. It appears to do all that it says and I am glad that I got the 4 outlet one: rather than the one, outlet.
As per above there is actually no need to turn it up full blast as, when there is a lot of "weather" about it does act as an amplifier for bad reception as well as the good waves. So if you want a device that helps you use two or three TV's or freeview boxes etc. Go get.
d.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 28 Nov. 2014
If you're using a Freeview HD set top box with a Freeview SD TV, you may find that the set top box causes a degree of insertion loss. So this splitter/amplifier is an ideal accessory for such an application as it restores or even increases signal strength to the SD TV.

The variable gain control is also very handy - I turned up the gain and it made a significant difference to the analogue RF daisy chain signals which also come down my antenna cable from another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful to feed more than one TV or a TV and PVR, 15 Nov. 2011
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The product appears to be well made and fairly solidly built as are all One For All products that I have encountered and is provided with 2 screws for wall-mounting, if needed. The device requires use of male to female coaxial aerial cables for all connections, only one of which is supplied. It is provided with a standard 3-pin UK mains plug so you will need to accommodate the unit within easy reach of a power socket or use an extension.

To minimise signal loss and noise, I would suggest using medium to high quality cables at the very least rather than the usual cheap and nasty ones provided with most TVs, PVRs etc. I would also suggest that you start with the Gain Control almost completely turned to the left and then to turn it up a little at a time until the picture quality or signal strength/signal quality levels are maximised. You may never get both at 100% and you don't need them to be, just as high as possible.

Be aware however that if your aerial is improperly aligned, this device and others that perform the same function, may not offer any improvement but a deterioration instead. Although the unit will support up to 3 feeds, you do not need to use that many. Theoretically, signal quality should be better than connecting in a chain (aerial to PVR, PVR to TV etc).

If you have signal strength/quality issues either because of distance, the landscape or being surrounded by tall buildings, this may help, as may a change of aerial or realignment of the existing one. It should also be noted that signal strength should improve dramatically once the digital changeover is complete. Due to restrictions imposed, I am unable to use an outdoor aerial and need to obtain the best possible results with an indoor feed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great picture on both TVs, 7 Aug. 2014
Just took me a little while to figure out everything ....... needed some connectors as the ones supplied didn't fit ........ but I managed to hook up both my TV in the lounge and the one in my bedroom....... great picture on both TVs. I was quite pleased with myself. Would well recommend to any ladies out there who think they might need a man to sort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!!, 28 Jun. 2011
S. T. Green - See all my reviews
Installed this in loft and have connected 3 tvs to it, easy to set up and excellent picture on all tvs

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Picture at Last, 22 May 2014
We live in an area with very poor digital reception and this amplifier has made an amazing difference to the quality of picture we can now get on our television.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vision restored, 21 Feb. 2012
Tried to add DVD recorder into 'round the house' tv and Sky distribution network but it resulted in diminution of signal strength to all outlets, and poor pictures. This signal splitter with useful variable amplification solved the problem beautifully. Excellent Freeview, Sky, & DVD pictures all round the house now!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›