4.0 out of 5 stars Take a little at a time
Published on 21 Nov 2008 by Foxylock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I was expecting
I have been reading about anger and its link to illness. I thought this would be the book for me, as it claimed to offer meditations associated with anger. Each page contained an interesting thought, but that was it, may be I am somehow missing the point about meditation.

If its brief, insightful thoughts you desire this may be the book for you...
Published on 23 July 2008 by Coverley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I was expecting, 23 July 2008

If its brief, insightful thoughts you desire this may be the book for you.

However, if you prefer more in depth wisdom, I would recommend two other books written by Thich Nhat Handh, 'Anger, Buddhist wisdom for cooling the flames' and 'The Miracle of Mindfulness', these to me contained much more advice, and were really thought provoking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take a little at a time, 21 Nov 2008
This is a little book jam packed with wisdom,but in true Buddhist style the wisdom is not always obvious from the words on the page, for they are only words.Cryptic or what ? And no I'm not trying to be mystical,I would read a couple of pages at a time and sit for a while and let the message sink in.Not a book to be read in a conventional manner and not a book to provide obvious answers either.I think the possibilities for frustration with this book are numerous ,Oh the irony a book which has on the cover the tag line "meditations on transforming difficult emotions" can actually create some as well !

Even so I highly recommend it but don't expect straight answers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 15 Jun 2014
I was a little apprehensive about this book, but its a great, simple read. Its insightful & inspiring. Recommended. :0)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a bunch of aphorisms, 27 April 2011
Rev. J. P. Webb (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Having read a number of TNH's books and found this in the recommended reading of Karen Armstrong's "12 Steps to a Compassionate Life" I was looking forward to reading it. What I found was a bunch of aphorisms extracted from other books he had written - one on every second page... disappointed is the word. Mindfully disappointed