on 8 April 2009
I first saw Riverdance on the TV years ago but have actually become Riverdance mad since seeing the show Live in Hammersmith in February and wanted to be able to watch it whenever I felt like it, so I bought this box set last week and I am very happy with my choice.
Be aware though that both "Riverdance - A Journey" and "The documentary - 10 years" are very similar in their content of interviews with Moya Doherty, Bill Wheelan and the extracts shown... which some may feel did not warrant 2 separate CDs, however they also offer a good insight about why Michael Flattley was replaced after his ego got the better of him very early on etc...
The 2 shows: "Radio City Hall" and "Geneva are great", with little differences between their sets. Though I will agree with one of the reviews that mentions the Female Lead Singer in the Geneva show, whose voice/singing is wrong for this.
Someone also mentioned in their review, an issue with one of the DVDs not working so the first thing I did when they arrived was to put them one by one in my player to test them and glad to say they all work fine.
I definitely recommend this box set rather than buying the DVDs as separate entities. Very enjoyable!
on 14 August 2008
Riverdance - The Collection
I got into Riverdance back in 1997, I was so blown away by it, the dancing, Jean Butler and Michael Flatley and the music by Bill Whelan and the magic, I hope thats whats Heaven will be like.
I had a Riverdance collection on video, now they're here on a dvd box set, a must for every Riverdance fan.
on 7 October 2009
It's just everything I thought it would be, very entertaining and extremely exciting viewing. My husband is the greatest fan of Riverdance and he can't get enough of these DVDs. We're very very glad that we got them. I can't recommend them enough, you will not be disappointed. Happy viewing:). (I have to say that this Review was written by my wife, Christine White.)
on 26 March 2011
I was amazed at how quickly the DVDs reached me in Poland - two working days! The DVDs are exactly what I expected (and even a little bit more). The two complete shows, a complilation of the best pieces, documentaries- more that I could wish! They all play well, both on my computer and on a DVD player. The sound is excellent, the image fine. I love Riverdance, I can watch it and listen to over and over again. However, any publications of this sort are either hard to get in Poland or very expensive (or both). That's why this set is a bargain for me. One thing I miss are the subtitles in English. Well, one can't have everything...
on 20 November 2013
will make an ideal Christmas present for anyone who likes lively music and dancing.
Arrived well within timescale and well packaged.
An ideal gift to brighten up a dull dark day
a must have for any irish home
on 16 August 2012
Purchased this item as a gift and the recipient was delighted. Item arrived promptly and has given many hours of enjoyment - a must for anyone who loves Irish Dancing!
on 10 March 2013
Riverdance is a really cool show. Michael Flatley is a bit of an amateur in my opinion and kind of ruins it by being rubbish. I was originally offered the place as 'lead riverdancer' but couldn't accept because I was arrested for petty theft that day when I stole 17 pairs of flip flops from the pound store. Still, not bad anyway.
on 11 July 2014
Lovely to watch very pleased and service very good
on 10 March 2013
A bit dispappointed with this - far too many repeats of the same thing. Having had the originals on video, I expected it to be the same, but the DVD has far too many repeated parts for my liking.
on 23 March 2011
all good stuff from beginning to end. I do have a panasonic dvd player which seems to be able to play anything so I didn't get the problem with the geneva disc.

Riverdance just magic