Size: 6 x 30mm|Change

on 3 August 2013
should have bought one pack a bit finger happy with the one push buying option bought two
after seeing how they worked out for me my son whose just started diy nabbed the other pack off me so two people happy
on 5 January 2012
Although they are cheap they are as described and as good quality as more expensive products. They have axial groves milled in them to allow the glue to spered and make a strong joint.
on 31 March 2016
These dowels appear to be a good value for money however they are undersized and unsuitable for fine woodworking. They wobble inside 10mm holes and don't give a snug fit. Checked with calliper and the diameter is between 9.4 and 9.7mm.
on 6 March 2015
How do you review Dowel pins ?
Well they are as described, 10mm diameter and 40mm long and have grooves to allow the glue to flow.
size wise they are perhaps no so popular but I like to keep a good stock in because if you run out of 8 mm pins its easy enough to "turn down" a 10mm pin. If you are careful.
Mount your electric drill horizontally. you will need a corded drill because they usually have a higher speed then cordless and allow you to "lock on (powered up)" place a dowel in the chuck turn the drill on and hold a good file against the pin until it is of the desired diameter.( Hold the file on the top of the pin and have the drill turning towards you at the top) Then either turn the pin round and turn down the other end or just cut it off. You will need to make some form of channel (Groove) to allow the excess glue to escape but I find a couple of grooves made with a hacksaw blade or even just a couple of flats cut with a craft knife and being careful with the glue does an adequate job.
Of course if you just want a quick fix you can always just take them down with a craft knife, they might not end up round but they do the job.
If you are feeling a bit "Crafty" you could turn them in to "Peg Board" type pegs, just leave the top end uncut. I've used a few like this for "stops" in various diy jigs although an untrimmed dowel would have done the job just as well.
Turning them down to 6mm is a bit tricky, tend to snap off in the drill if you press too hard with the file, but with care can be done, probably not worth the effort unless you are stuck or you are making pegs.
on 8 September 2014
They are good cheap dowels, but a little thin.

As 8mm ones were the most expensive, I thought I'd just get 10 and 6....

The 10's are normally too big and the 6 too small :P

Make sure you measure the thickness of the wood you are going to be putting these into (and take a couple of mm's off so they actually fit in)
on 18 March 2011
Not much you can say about such a small product except that they are well made and have axial grooves milled into them to allow trapped glue to escape. They work!
on 2 October 2013
I needed good quality dowel pins that were a fraction of the price on the high street, and these Silverline dowel pins fit the
bill as I was plesently surprised at the quality of these very basic air dried Birchwood fluted dowels. First thing I noticed was the light weight of the whole bag, well holding a single pin feels like thin air. So with this in mind you'll be surprised to find they are incrediblely hard wearing and will do the job. More importantly each dowel pin appears to be absolutely straight, so there's no issue when tapping into corresponding dowel holes.
on 29 April 2016
Not impressed by the lack of structural strength. For me, the only value I got from buying these cheap dowels was a reminder that you get what you pay for! I've gone back to buying lengths of dowelling and cutting my own, to avoid the pain of seeing dowels like these simply snap when doing a dry, test assembly. If you need pre-cut dowels then I'd recommend looking for better quality and strength; things that these dowels lack.
on 19 March 2015
Just the job and much cheaper than many. I found the dowels to be ever so slightly small - no so much that they were 'loose' but definitely not as tight a fit as others. For me this is perfect because it allows glue to remain on the dowel and, IMHO, makes for a better joint.
on 6 December 2012
these pins were ideal for the purpose that I needed them for. I received them very quickly off the seller and now they have been used in a Santa's Grotto that my partner and I made for a local school.