5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Pop
After so many recent 'big-name' bands with albums built around a couple of singles Ghosts album is refreshing, laid-back pop. Put it on, sit down and listen - or just play it in the background. An excellent, unpretentious, underated album and a band with much more potential to come.
Published on 8 July 2007 by T. Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars So much better live
I saw and heard Ghosts for the first time this weekend at Hyde Park Calling. They were brilliant. Great songs, very well sung with great guitar. Rushed out the next day to buy the album and felt just a little disappointed. It's not often you can say that a live voice sounds better than the studio voice but this is true here. The album is full of very good songs but the...
Published on 26 Jun 2007 by P. Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Pop, 8 July 2007
T. Scott (Land's End, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 July 2007
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
You've got to give credit to bands who set out to make a feel-good album. This album will never fail you. The very best feel good album in the last twenty years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Superb, 23 April 2008
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
Recommended to me by my much younger and cooler little sister, this album was a breath of fresh air in a genre that has become very monotonous. I would recommend this to anyone who I need of some much needed easy listening GOOD music...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I have bought in ages....., 27 Oct 2007
J. Foster (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
I bought this album after following one of Amazon's links - people who bought this album also bought this. Soooooo glad that I did. I have even got my two teenage sons hooked on it. It is the only album that I play in the car that they don't moan about. Very catchy, but plenty of depth in their melodies. I love 'Musical Chairs', as well as most other tracks. Uplifting and classy!

5.0 out of 5 stars spiritual, 25 Sep 2007
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
I bought this CD a couple of weeks ago and was not sure at first if it would grow on me, it has - enormously!
When I play it, I hear something different each time...it reminds me slightly of Doves in some tracks and The Feeling in some others, but that isn't fair to compare them in anything other than type of sound, as they are obviously hugely talented and if this is an introduction to them I'm already looking forward to their next CD! beautiful and sublime....

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Songwriting, 30 Aug 2007
Sid (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
I bought this album on the strength of their highlight performance at V, and it is really very good, especially from the songwriting point of view. There are very few bands who can pull off the feat of crafting accessible songs which also have enough complexity to make them interesting, but Ghosts make it look easy. It's not just the singles either; there's hardly any weakness in here. My only criticism is that the band's live sound seems toned-down in the recording, with the keyboards rather than the guitar to the fore, and it very occasionally descends a little too far into 80's Kajagoogoo synth-pop for my liking. Still thoroughly recommended though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ghosts..., 18 July 2007
Mr. D Bailey (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
This time last week I had never heard of Ghosts. It was only until I went to The Feeling concert in Thetford Forest that I found out...and boy I wasn't disappointed!
Apart from not knowing any of the words to their songs, they were great, upbeat and very easy listening (They did great attempts to get the crowd singing along to words a handful of people knew). Fair play to the guys they seriously look like a great band for the future.
Came home, rushed out to buy their album. Again I wasn't disappointed. It is hard to put a band that is exactly like them as the lead singer really does have a unique voice. I would say bands such as Keane and The Feeling are close representative of the music Ghosts produce.
If you love easy to listen to music, with catchy and thoughtful lyrics, you cannot go wrong with Ghosts.

'So come on everybody gotta help me unwind
Get rid of those Ghosts in my mind, in my mind'

No thanks lads, you are great live and in the studio album and I look forward to going to one of your own gigs in the near future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what it could have been..., 29 Jun 2007
G. L. Williams "simplygregguk" (South West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
Ghosts arrived on the music scene with the stunning single 'Stay The Night' and followed this by releasing 'Musical Chairs' and 'The World Is Outside' which were both just as good.

There was much anticpation within me for this album as the previous singles had shown that Ghosts were a hugely talented band. However, on my tenth listen to their debut album i can't help but feel that the album could have been a lot better.

There is no doubt that there are some great songs on this album but it needed more. Songs such as 'Ghosts', 'Mind Games', 'Stop' and 'Over-Analysis' as well as the released singles are simply brilliant pop songs that i am sure will make the band famous with fans of Keane and The Feeling.

These songs are what gave this album 4 stars, sadly the way in which this album ends is so poor that it should really be given 3 stars.

Buy this album if you want a bit of feel good music that will make summer a better place. If you want a much more in-depth and emotional album, try Editors new album. Stunning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 18 Jun 2007
Robert M. Ashton "Rob Ashton" (Bideford Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
Just had my first listen to this album, and I've got to admit that for a debut release it's up there with Keane's Hopes and fears and Coldplay's Parachutes! That may sound like i'm "bigging it up" but this is a lovely album,you don't so much listen to this,as let it wash over you,it truly is a thing of beauty.

Ok, so the cynics may say there are similarities with Thirteen senses and maybe even Embrace, but this is must buy for 07, trust me, buy this album and it will be the soundtrack of your summer!!! Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get hold of, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) (Audio CD)
Indie pop album with jangly guitars etc similar to the feeling in places I thought. Standout track is the world is outside

The World Is Outside (Uk Cd)
The World Is Outside (Uk Cd) by Ghosts (Audio CD - 2007)