5.0 out of 5 stars Think of it as just a Live CD
That is, if you already have the album, as many of us do. You get 17 live songs from a artist arguably at his peak - I was lucky enough to attend one of these shows in 1978 and it was fantastic. The show from Washington doesn't quite match up to my recollection but it's still great stuff and a joy to hear.

Tim
Published on 12 April 2008 by Mr. T. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars This Year's Reissue
Published on 14 Feb 2008 by Obadiah Horseflesh

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man At His Best, 11 July 2012
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
Elvis's second album remains one of the all time classic. Half a dozen great songs, and even lesser known songs like The Beat are magnificent. An essential purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsurpassed, 17 May 2010
Mulwharchar (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
Elvis Costello has made many great albums during his prolific career but 'This Year's Model' was the one that really established the Elvis Costello persona: the whip-sharp, sardonic observer with an effortless command of his influences - 60s beat, power pop and garage - which his new wave contemporaries could only dream of. There's not a bad track here and 32 years on it's astonishing how fresh and urgent it still sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon description is wrong, 19 Sep 2011
The Imposter (Cramlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
This is just the standard cd (tracks as listed on preview). No second disc included
no aditional tracks, be warned.
Five stars because it is a classic album and it would be wrong to down grade it because of Amazons misleading description.

4.0 out of 5 stars pressent, 17 Jan 2014
bought as a present for my brother in law he sais it great,i can only take his word for that thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis for ever, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
I both this record in the 70's.
After all those years I'm still a fan.
He is more "brutal" on this record than on his latest one but he is still a great composer and musician!

5.0 out of 5 stars His masterpiece enhanced by second disc, 14 Mar 2006
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
This second album by Elvis Costello is far better than My Aim is True, in my opinion. The tunes are more immediate with much more of a pop flavour whilst the music is also more rhythmically varied and compelling. It marks the transition to his wonderfully accessible Armed Forces masterpiece.
There is even a reggae beat in (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea and a ballad with lovely piano - Little Triggers. My favourites on the original disc are the up-tempo Pump It Up and the poignant This Year's Girl, plus of course the pulsating Radio Radio with its subversive lyrics. Night Rally is somewhat dark and disturbing.
The second disc includes a wealth of previously unreleased tracks, demo tracks, live and alternative versions. Not all of these alternate takes are as gripping as the familiar versions but they are certainly interesting and worthwhile, demonstrating various facets of his extraordinary musicianship.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Year's Reissue, 14 Feb 2008
Much as I love This Year's Model - Nick Lowe's pin-sharp but punchy production hasn't dated at all - I won't be shelling out on this repackage. This must be the fourth version on CD now at least! What are we supposed to do with previous versions now supposedly rendered obsolete by this latest 'definitive' issue (until the next one comes along in 2010)? And experience has proved that 'Previously Unreleased' material was kept in the can for the plain and simple fact that invariably it's substandard stuff. The original 1978 This Year's Model is a solid, perfect 5 out of 5 record musically, but gets less than zero for yet another pointless face-lift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic with bonus, 18 Mar 2008
Jean Cozens (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the original LP when it came out and have so far resisted repackages but I hear this one has a whole live concert from 1978. I saw Elvis (or is it DP?) several times with the Attractions at that time and they were awesome, so for me this is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still brilliant, 27 Aug 2009
Mr. Mark Hargrave "Marky" (West Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
To me this is the greatest Elvis Costello album. The one by which I measure all others.
This is where I joined the sometimes rocky Macmanus road.
I was fresh out of school, wearing drainpipes and leather jacket. Tie on backwards to make it skinny. I wanted to drink beer, smoke fags and chat up girls and this is the album that gave me the bottle to do it.
This is the album before Elvis and the Attrations became parodies of themselves with Armed Forces then spiraling off in many directions. Not a duff track here. All are urgent, aggresive and throbing. The band are tight, Steve Nieve's individually characteristic keyboard style still sounds slightly off kilter and the bass guitar makes my speakers rattle. A brilliant wordsmith, Elvis's art is no better displayed than here. Plenty of hits included; (I don't want to go to) Chelsea, Watching the Detectives and Pump it up. Radio Radio has also thankfully been added.
I now own this album in 3 different formats and if they invent another one I'll have to buy it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good tunes, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: This Year's Model (Audio CD)
Enjoyable listening with some pleasing tracts all typical Elvis C style but well worth adding to a collection and recommended purchase

This Year's Model
This Year's Model by Elvis Costello (Audio CD - 2007)