5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic! ...A BARGAIN!!
Having looked at numerous other card readers, I bought one of these mainly due to all the positive reviews here. What a pleasant surprise to realise not one of them was exaggerating!
Published on 14 Sept. 2008 by J. Dowling

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty
Obviously my experience isn't typical to judge by the other reviews.

Here's what I found.

The beast disabled any USB port it was stuck into.

Inserting an SD card was tricky, you have to wiggle the card to locate the pins, and push hard to get it bedded down. This is a recipe for breaking pins.

I sent it back.

Never...
Published on 26 July 2011 by Chris ap Alfred

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic! ...A BARGAIN!!, 14 Sept. 2008
J. Dowling - See all my reviews
This review is from: ABC Products® All in One USB Multi Digital Camera / Mobile Phone Picture Memory Card Reader Writer USB 2.0 Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Apple Mac OS V9.2 & above, PLUG and PLAY Digital Photo Frame Transfer, Reads all Cards Except Smart Media, USB Cable Included (Electronics)
This is a FANTASTIC PRODUCT! Plugged it into laptop (running Vista) and it installed driver and set itself up in 3 seconds. It opened/read from a 2 gig Compact Flash II card with exceptional speed (at least 10 times faster than my old CF reader.) Size is pleasantly compact/small, looks sleek, and the price cannot be argued with! -- shame it doesn't come in a hand-made, quilted leather case by Chanel ...it deserves one.
Look no further, BUY ONE OF THESE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, 15 May 2008
J. Hughes - See all my reviews
This really is a nice little thing. I needed a SD CF card reader and decided to give this a try as it was pretty cheap and seemed to have very open ended compatibility. It came next day and I was surprised by how small and sturdy looking it was for the price. By the way its dimensions are about 9cm X 5cm and about 1cm thick and covered in fairly thick see-through plastic.

Plugged it into my intel mac (os 10.4.11) using the small usb to usb mini cable, then plugged in my 2GB SanDisk SD card from my palm TX. It popped up as a drive less than 2 seconds later with full read and write. I checked a 256mg Viking Sd and same thing. At home I checked the 2.ogb SD from my GFs canon Ixus and the 500mg CF from my Ixus 500 as well as a few other CF cards of 256 of varying brands. All worked perfectly and the download speeds for full rez pictures are very fast, so I doubt I'll be transferring the pictures with the horrible, slow Canon software again.

Would certainly recommend this to anybody who needs a flexible fast card reader and though Id never heard of ABC I'll look favorably on their products in future if they're all of this standard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value card reader - a real find, 18 Jan. 2009
Jl Adcock "John Adcock" (Ashtead UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Thanks to enthusiastic reviews on Amazon I bought myself one of these and have not been disappointed. This card reader seems a much better option than buying a power adaptor for a particular camera (which I was considering doing) so I could download pictures from it without draining the batteries. This little reader seems the best of all worlds - it takes all cards (Sony Pro Duo needs an adaptor card, but these are usually supplied with cameras taking that version) - and the transfer rate of pictures is impressively fast. Mine downloaded into Photoshop Elements before I knew it - much faster than from the camera!

Downsides? The reader is slightly flimsy and needs careful handling - one suspects that forcing a card in and pulling it out without care would damage it pretty quickly. But with careful attention - a neat little solution to managing photos across a range of card types. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product and great service!, 18 Jun. 2008
Was looking for a reader especially for the new high capacity SD cards, SDHC, and after being stung initially by buying a piece of junk from fleabay, I opted for this product from Amazon marketplace seller ABC products.

It was cheap, arrived within 2 days, and works a treat with my Windows XP laptop. Invariably these type of products are made down to a price, so the build quality is nothing to write home about, in particular the slots for the cards can be a problem and won't take any rough treatment. This product seems better than some I have used in the past.

All-in-all full marks
*note I have not tried it with cart types other than SDHC

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 26 July 2011
Obviously my experience isn't typical to judge by the other reviews.

Here's what I found.

The beast disabled any USB port it was stuck into.

I sent it back.

Never again will I go for a cheap option.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Little Product..., 3 Jan. 2008
UK Couple (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This card reader is compact enough to fit in either your camera bag or laptop case. It is fast and supports a lot of different formats, and comes with a little leather 'glove' to protect it when on the move. It was recognised by Windows Xp before I could even get the CD in the drive, I installed the included drivers but it worked fine without them as well.

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Initial problems with vista, 19 Feb. 2009
L. Marsh "liferasta" (UK) - See all my reviews
When I first plugged it into the usb 2.0 port on my pc running vista 32bit I was presented with 4 drives S/H/I/J so i was not sure which one i should click on to access my SD memory card, when I clicked on the first drive in my comp it would not respond & froze up, the same thing happened for the others & had to use task manager to close the application down & restart. I clicked on the safely remove hardware icon to check its properties & found the drive was disk H for SD cards also the latest driver was from 21/06/2006 for driver version 6.0.6001.18000 so I did & update & found this was the latest one, so I tried to access the card reader again clicking on drive H & this time it worked. I have no idea what fixed the problem but now it seems to work ok maybe you have to make sure you need to click on the correct drive first, are there any other Vista users who have had this problem with this product?

1.0 out of 5 stars truly awful quality - used once and never worked again!, 21 Mar. 2011
This is just really cheaply and badly made - bought for it's compact flash reading, after a single successful use, one of the pins bent, and even when bent back again it won't recognise that there is a card in the slot.

Complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy now!, 27 Oct. 2008
Jennie Kwan - See all my reviews
Fabulous, super easy, just plug into your USB, put your card in and it reads it without installing anything into your computer. Highly recommended and cute design.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Other card reader does this, 16 Nov. 2007
R. W. Pettitt - See all my reviews
Wow, what service, not only day delivery but this must be the only card reader to Read SD-HC cards, I have tried loads b4 but none had worked. This is very nice looking item too, very fast and very small. I could not be happier and highly recommend this product!