5.0 out of 5 stars life saving equipment for active dogs
i own a siberian husky, from 7 and a half weeks old i have used this to distract her when she must be left unattended, as with any puppy they like to chew so this was a life saver. suitable for puppys and older dogs that get bored easily this is the toy for them. it is mentally and phisically stimulating.
Published on 11 Feb 2008 by mary

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for small dogs!
Published on 19 Jan 2010 by A. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars life saving equipment for active dogs, 11 Feb 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars invaluable, 6 Nov 2009
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
Got this a few weeks ago for my 5 month old labrador. He loves it, plays with it most days as he is never bored with it, and it remains in one piece! Makes a nice change from his other toys, which are usually chew related.
The ball is quite large and he can only just get it in his mouth which he finds a challenge. It also means he keeps dropping it, which then gives him cause to chase it again! You can adjust the size of the hole according to the size of the treats, which is useful. We use the smallest size and fill the ball with a few kibbles of his dry food.
He happily plays with it alone, and it helps burn off a bit of energy as he chases it round the house or yard.

5.0 out of 5 stars good distraction!, 7 Feb 2010
Phoebe J. Whitfield "Phoebe" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
I have a 16 week old British Bulldog puppy and a friend recommended getting her something like this as I've been looking for a variety of toys to both entertain and stimulate her and this toy certainly keeps her entertained! It rolls, it's chewable/gnawable, the sound of the food inside drives her crazy, and then food comes out!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for small dogs!, 19 Jan 2010
A. Johnson "Kent" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
I bought this treat ball for my dachsund, although he did enjoy it, it is totally unsuitable for small dogs. Luckily i was present when he got the ball firmly wedged on his bottom jaw! The fireman who cut it off his face managed not to laugh until after he had cut it off of poor Alfies' face! My dog was very unhappy and could have resulted in a very expensive vets bill. Please note it does actually say on the box, that dogs should not be left alone with the toy, which in my opinion, defeats the object of the toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
This product is amazing! I work in a kennels and for some dogs this product is fantastic and really relieves the boredom, others it is not suitable or simply aren't interested. I have three dogs and all of my dogs have had one, my lab loves it! It does not take him long to work it out and after he has it only takes him 2 seconds to get them out. I have now bought one for my boyfriends working cocker as working dogs are not allowed chew toys but need mental stimulation and this is perfect, she loves it!
However, after reading the 1* reviews I have to say one thing; people must realise and remember this item is NOT a chew toy, it is mental and physical stimulation for your dog. If you have a dog that likes to chew (Staffies) then of course it will not last long, you must refrain your dog from chewing it. The point in it is for your dog to try and work out how to get the treats, this product is for dogs with high energy levels that crave mental stimulation, not for dogs that like to chew and gnaw at things. Very good for dogs that are bred to work and use their brains and senses; Retrievers, collies, spaniels, setters, poodles, pointers, GSD's, weimaraner etc. If you want a chew toy... Buy a chew toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
I bought this for my Bichon Frise X Poodle cross for when I was away from the house, unknown to me she goes into hibernation while I'm away. When I am present though and it's filled up with treats, she adores it. She has learnt to roll it over to the corner of the wall, and then flick it upwards with her nose so that it bangs against the wall, thus releasing a ton of treats. Because she is a small dog I only put smaller treats in there, and close the lid as far as it will go.

The toy is suitable for all sized dogs, as I've tested it on both Small, Medium and Large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good boy Treat Ball, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
My little chap loves this ball and takes him ages to get out his treats. He wonders all around the house moving it with his long nose and his paw to get it out of places it should not have gone. He knows that when it's empty he can't have more until the next day - he's clever that way!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 21 Oct 2009
Sarah (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
This product is really worth having, I use it to feed our 9 week old puppy his dry food at meal times and he's become quite the pro with it! It distracts him perfectly from our 2 adult dogs food bowls allowing them to eat in peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them occupied!!, 13 Sep 2009
Miss N. Y. Sarkar (Mexborough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
Got this for my 5 month old German Pointer puppy. She absolutely loved it. It is very solid and hard wearing and has an adjustable disk so you can set it to the size of the treats you put inside. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to keep their puppy mentally stimulated while they play. It really makes them work for their reward.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 21 Feb 2014
P. Mendham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dog Treat Training Ball
Bought this for our Rottweiller, not a good idea she soon got the treats out but couldn't stop there, she tore the ball into bits with in 10 minutes, but if you are thinking of getting one, do so, but only for a smaller or less strong jawed dog.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›