on 14 June 2011
Do not buy this product - it is cheap and nasty. When I opened the packet I discovered that it had large sections of missing stitching which meant that the top of the cover was not attached to the sides in a number of places. I had to get out the sewing machine to fix it up. The next problem relates to the lack of a threaded drawstring around the bottom (the description doesn't mention this). It comes with 4 small pieces of tie and only has 4 tie areas so you can't secure the cover by pulling a cord tight around the bottom. I fixed this by melting holes every 20 cms and running my own cord through. Way too much hassle - Spend your money on a different product. Why didn't I just send it back? I still ask myself that question!
on 28 April 2012
Item arrived well packed, however upon opening and attempting to put over the furniture it became clear that the top was not sealed to the edges in atleast 3 places leaving furniture exposed to the elements. The finishing of the product and seams around the base were also very poor quality and extremely untidy, not at all what you would expect from a genuine Gardmann product.
We contacted the seller straight away and were given a free post returns address and a refund, less the cost of postage when we returned it.
Thought they would have ironed out the production problems raised by others by now, they haven't.
on 11 May 2011
This cover was fine in terms of size and covers a round table with 4 chairs underneath. However the material is very flimsy and light weight with the stitching beginning to come apart when unfolded from the packet. Not as robust as I would have expected from the price (with delivery extra too for a small letter sized package) and do not expect it to last more than a month or two. The strings for tying it down are very short and pretty useless in terms of attaching every day on a regular basis!
on 4 October 2010
Bought to replace another cover that got holes in it after hailstones put holes through it, and the fabric started disintegrating. This version is made of tarpaulin type material.....the sort of material IKEA carrier bags are made from I mean.....so is very strong. This one has a tendency to get caught by the wind so it's probably advisable to tie the underneath with the strings provided - or just put something heavy on top if, like me, you can't be bothered with that.Basically though, it does its job and I think it will last a long time
on 28 June 2010
I brought this to go over my 125cm round table and 4 chairs, at the time of buying I wasn't sure of the size of the table so thought a medium would be ok, well it's rather large but does the job brilliantly as I can use the excess to cover other items and the string provided is handy too!
on 17 June 2013
I brought this item in march 2013...it fell apart in june 2013 and has since been thrown away. unless you need dustbin filler urgently give this product a miss. i rips apart in your hands
on 9 June 2013
I realised that it was basic from the reviews and its low cost. However, given it's size I feel that four eyelets, one of which fell off with the first use, are insufficient to secure it in place, particularly in the strong winds we have had recently. Six house bricks just about did the job. The description by one reviewer that the material is similar to an IKEA bag is too generous. The material is far more flimsy.
on 29 July 2013
This cover might me cheaper than most of the others but you might as well throw your money away. Mine has started tearing in various places, once it starts tearing it doesn't stop and rips all the way across. The one I had previously lasted me years this one only a few months. Avoid it.
on 15 July 2013
The material is really cheap thin plastic and definitely not fit for outdoors. Light wind tore it within one day! Not sure if it matters (i.e. potentially different item depending on seller) but I purchased from Price Attack Ltd.
And no, it's not a case of you get what you pay for; there's a perfectly good quality cover for just a couple of pounds extra B00205QH32 I just hope this helps other buyers to avoid buying the rubbish one before finding one that's actually made from sturdier plastic. I lost money on postage on this because Price Attack Ltd failed to refund the full amount :(
on 3 September 2010
Glad we went for the 6' medium cover, big enough fo quite a large hexagonal table & 4 chairs. You will need ties provided, as obviously the great British weather may well cause take off. Thickness not bad-pretty much what you'd expect for the price. Would recommend this product, does what it says it will & for a great price.