4.0 out of 5 stars Kingston Class 4 8GB SD Card
Kingston - Flash memory card - 8 GB - Class 4 - SDHC

This SD card is fast and of the high quality you expect from Kingston and suitable for most photographic requirements, if you are using it for HD video check your camera manual first as you may require the faster write speed of class 6.
The product is very well packaged for delivery but does not come...
Published on 25 May 2010 by Douglas Ferguson

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
As with the other reviews to date, I've been sent two 8Gb Class 4 cards instead of the Class 10 (30MB/sec) ones that were advertised. I've complained and they have offered me a refund, claiming it was all they had in stock.
Published on 10 Aug. 2012 by T. W. Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 354 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars As you might expect, 13 Sept. 2010
Mr. AG Summers (Cambs, England) - See all my reviews
Bought for my daughter's new camera. I'd seen reviews where people had received some SDHC cards from the cheaper sellers loose in an envelope. This one arrived in its correct packaging and worked perfectly. Enough said!

4.0 out of 5 stars beware, 16 Sept. 2010
Beware! SDHC memory cards do not work in devices more than a year or two old. Also you should be aware of the fact that to use HD video you need a high capacity class 6 card at least. These are facts that sellers neglect to tell you!.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8GB Kingston SD Card, 6 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
I bought two of these for the Kids Innotabs. Great price at less than £4.00 each. They came from Germany a few days later in Kingston branded packaging. They work great in the Innotab. Now they are filled with Games, E-books, Pictures, Music & Videos. Brilliant value for money, as you can't put a price on a bit of piece & quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars SD Card at a great price!, 19 July 2012
M. Hall (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
Having trawled the internet I found this SD card at what I believe to be a very good price at this point in time! It arrived in good time and as I've used Kingston SD cards in the past and they have always been fine I am hopeful it will last for many, many years! I would recommend this highly!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but slow, 12 Oct. 2014
Bought a few of these Kingston 4GB SD Cards for use with Raspbery Pi, for which they work OK.

Eventually, I installed RaspBMC , the Raspberry Pi XBMC on one, but it proved to be unusably slow.

I benchmarked the card using CrystalDiskMark, and it's at the low end of what I expect from a class 4 card.
Sequential Read : 19.507 MB/s
Sequential Write : 5.211 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 18.893 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 0.549 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 2.410 MB/s
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.005 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 2.516 MB/s
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.005 MB/s

Sequential Read and Write are acceptable, if 10% lower than Sandisk equivalent, but it's the very low random read and write's that kill it for XBMC.

I'll find another use for them.

1.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk SDHC 8GB card, class10, 30MB/s, 5 July 2012
M. Turner (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
Beware - this is not a sale of a Sandisk class 10 as per the picture, a Kingston class 4 card arrives.
Further note: I have now been refunded. My purchase was from LondonMajicstore, who say they had a stocking problem which has been resolved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid memory card from solid company, 9 April 2010
Gabrielius C, (Vilnius, Lithuania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
I don't know about best company for memory cards, but Kingston is one of more serious companies, and if anyone can make SDHC cards properly, this company has to be among those. At first I was kind of unsure if class 4 will be sufficient and perhaps I should go with class 6, but now I'm happy with it, probably makes no difference anyway. I use it with Kodak z915 camera and practically it's same speed as using internal camera's memory. Reading all those thousands of photos directly from SD slot in laptop seems really fast. I liked the blister package as it arrived, it's a white background with red portrait of some face, probably King statue made of stone, as the 'Kingston' implies. This speaks of good taste from people who work for Kingston. It's a good buy with no disadvantages so I rate it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received promptly, works fine, is size 8GB & speed class 4, 6 Jun. 2012
elkj "elkj" (Braintree, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
Received promptly, works fine. Paid £4.10 inc p&p. Supplied by Goodbrooks.
Writing speed: 4.73 MByte/s, Reading speed: 17.5 MByte/s, Test finished without errors, H2testw v1.4
- so is 8GB card and is compliant with speed Class 4 as claimed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value!, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Kingston SD4/8GB 8GB SDHC Memory Card (Personal Computers)
Well what fantastic value, a 8GB SD card for less than £4!

Great product, well made and I loaded my music onto the card for my car very quickly and it works perfectly, highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars SDHC cards don't suit all!, 10 Nov. 2010
I bought a 4GB Kingston SDHC card for my camera, having first checked that it was the correct card for the camera.
It recorded images with no trouble, but I could not download those images onto my modern Windows Vista laptop. A download/add-on is needed to enable the computer to make the download. Not being keen on downloading from any old recommendation from a forum, it's far easier to stick to another 2GB SD card. The 'HC' element clearly does not suit all computers, so don't buy a large memory SDHC card to store a holiday's worth of pictures unless you know in advance that your computer is compatible.

‹ Previous | 1 2 354 | Next ›