My new Panasonic Bread Maker makes the lightest and fluffiest loaves.

Published 7 months ago by Helpless

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design
Item arrived very quickly but very annoyingly in a box big enough for 200 knives (I'm not exaggerating). It's clearly a well made knife and is aesthetically very pleasing. It's however no sharper then a generic bread knife. Only time will tell if it's higher price tag is rewarded with a many years of functionality.
Published 6 months ago by Mr. B. J. Tye

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW MUCH PLEASURE A PROPERLY FUNCTIONING BREAD KNIFE CAN GIVE, 30 Jan 2014
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
My new Panasonic Bread Maker makes the lightest and fluffiest loaves.

My current bread knife which was inherited from my wife when we got married 14 years ago, mutilates, squashes and destroys these beautifully made loaves by tearing, ripping and rasping each each slice into jagged inch thick wedges of bread. The blade would bend in the slightest of breezes and has hacksaw teeth. It is as nasty and cheap as they come.
My wife of course blames the fluffiness of the bread rather than the tool that cuts the slice.

Taking the initiative I didn't want to spend a ridiculous fortune on a bread knife but this one looked promising. Duly ordered, it arrived the next day. As I unpacked it my wife walked into the kitchen, looked at the knife and retorted 'we already have a bread knife', then turned on her heel and walked out.

Fresh loaf in one hand, new knife in the other I sliced and sliced and sliced. Comfortable to use, solid with a slight curve to the blade, without any effort it went through the bread as smoothly as a hot knife through butter. Effortless.
Straight slices, quarter inch perfect, no more wedges or ripped slices.

You cannot imagine how much pleasure a properly functioning bread knife can give. I now have a smug self satisfied 'I told you so' look on my face as I bring my wife her perfectly sliced sandwich.

Money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who would have thought ..., 6 Dec 2013
Fiona Ventura (Stotfold, Hitchin, Hertfordshire. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
... that something so simple could bring so much satisfaction ? I have been making my own bread for a while now and, before I purchased this item, I have always simply struggled along with generic bread knives - the sort that come as part of a kitchen set.

And when I say "struggled", I mean I was unable to cut thin slices or any uniform slices whatsoever. And yet I accepted my lot without question. What a wally. One day I suddenly thought, "There has got to be a better way"; I searched 'bread knife' on Amazon and I came across this little beauty.

Oh boy. It might not be the cheapest bread knife one can get but it is worth EVERY single penny: this work of art has transformed my daily sandwiches ! Slicing through any kind of bread is now EFFORTLESS. I can cut wonderfully thin, uniform slices and, consequently, this item will go down as an absolute must-have in my kitchen.

I just can't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner ...

FV

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic knife. No need to look any further., 7 Nov 2012
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
I love this knife. It's so sharp, well balanced and controllable that you can slice any bread to the thinnest of cuts
leaving hardly any crumbs. It's relatively light weight and comfortable. Cutting with this knife is really satisfying!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Bread Knife Ever, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
Just arrived. MENTAL sharp. I kid you not, this is the best bread knife I have ever laid hands on. Everything all the other reviews say and some. I now have 10 loaves of sliced artisan bread in my freezer because I can't stop slicing it! Well worth the money (I paid around £22 with delivery- it's a knock down price- I've seen this knife for £30 elsewhere)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bread Knife, 2 Mar 2014
D. Stevens - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
This bread knife is excellent. It is very sharp and cuts the softest bread without squashing or tearing. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-sharp, super-efficient, Opinel quality, 6 Nov 2013
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned a Opinel outdoor knife that I use when out in the wilds of Scotland for a very long time, so as a previous purchaser of Opinel I bought this superb bread knife with confidence. Yes, its quite pricey for a bread knife but you do get what you pay for in this world and this bread knife will see you out :) It is super-sharp, the glorious wood handle is comfortable and stylish and the build quality is premium. Sliced though my home-made bread with a crispy crust easily, didn't damage the slices, neat and tidy cut. My other bread knife was straight in the bin. Comes safely packaged and it looks great too. Superb quality.

RECOMMENDED !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned and used Opinel knives for the lat couple of years and I have found them to be faultless. ThEy are weighted correctly and are the appropriate size to control,the blade. Stay Razor sharp, be careful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinel Bread Knife, 27 May 2012
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
Having had a couple of Opinel pocket knives, for 10 years +, I found the blades of these to be good quality and easy to sharpen. So recently being in the market for a new bread knife discovered that Opinel produced one so thought I'd give it a try. I'm very pleased that I did. The knife is very sharp and cuts new crusty bread with hardly any crumb. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best present for a bread-maker, 15 July 2014
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
Bought as a present for my bread-making-obsessed Dad - and he loves it! Says it cuts every type of bread and rolls instantly without any tearing or squashing. The curvature of the teeth is purposefully designed to bite straight into a crust.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cut, 22 Jun 2014
H. M. Kingston "gooner" (Worksop, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPINEL Bread Knife 116 (Kitchen & Home)
No matter how fluffy, crusty or hard the loaf is this knife cuts through it like butter. Makes me think why we put up with our old worn-out one for so long. Great product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›