5.0 out of 5 stars Safety first as they say ...
Ahem. Clears throat. Well I'm back on the condom test market after being put back on the shelf after a 20 year relationship. I last used Durex circa 1993 so it felt time for a new packet or 3. And these things work out to be very expensive. Sometimes I'd just rather sit down and have a cup of tea and a mars bar instead for the same cost.

Basically if you're not...
Published 4 months ago by debbie8355

2.0 out of 5 stars expiry date bad
I ordered these contraception to save embaressment purchasing over the counter and was delighted at the opportunity to be able to order online... when I received them the expiry was with in 2 weeks... really really disappointed... wouldnt orderoff this co. Again
Published 15 months ago by Lil

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety first as they say ..., 4 Sept. 2014
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Basically if you're not on the pill or another complementary form of contraception then you need these thicker, safer bad boys to lower the possibility of having to take the morning after pill, actually 2 horrible pills, which makes you feel absolutely bleurggghh and usually necessitates taking 2 days off work (a good one to tell your line manager when you have had the flu too many times that year and you can add being responsible has probably saved them a fortune in maternity leave cover). Thicker = less chance of splitting and safer for both of you early on in a relationship until you have worked out exactly where the other has been or taken STD tests.

Condoms are still a bit of a flaff but much improved and as a woman I don't really care which thickness a man uses as I think those ultra thin ones are more for your comfort benefit than ours. I would say these are only slightly thicker than thin feel and much easier to put on from my last century memories. The Durex play lube is great too.

The ones I received have an expiry of November 2018 and this is the brand and type I'd buy/ leave hanging around the bathroom for my children when they get to that stage of life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thick, strong and not very very long, 25 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think we all know the drill here. These are less likely to break than the thinner condoms, which is a plus. But they also reduce sensitivity, with is not a plus. Wear these and it takes a lot more effort to get to nirvana, which could be great in itself, and could also help tone your abs, thighs and buttocks, so don't go thinking this will be an easy ride...

5.0 out of 5 stars Durex extra safe condoms pack of 24: Excellent product, 24 Sept. 2014
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are exactly what you would expect. A slightly thicker skinned condom that gives that little extra protection from splits and tears. The downside is a bit of a reduction in sensitivity, but this was only a minor issue. They are a good size, I have often had troubles in the past finding condoms with a big enough girth that do not feel like a penile tourniquet and that will stay on comfortably, but the 56 mm nominal diameter is just perfect, a little larger than many other brands of condoms. Lengthwise I find them more than adequate, they extend to about 20 cm which is more than enough for my needs.

They are very easy to put on, and the big bonus is the smell. There is almost none of the unpleasant rubber smell you usually get. This is much pleasanter for both of us.

All in all an excellent product. Comfortable, easy to use and with reduced odour. 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra safe, extra value, 24 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Super safe condoms, very lubricated and thick so no rips - they smell alot better than some we have tried! Great value - big box of 24 so it saves the trouble of remembering to keep some in and my husbands eyes lit up at the size of the pack ... they esxpire in 4 years time so you have plenty of time to use them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Condom's really have come a long way..., 3 Dec. 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
It does feel a bit strange writing a review for condom's, however having used these again recently for the first time in a few years, I was really pretty impressed.

This product seems to have noticeably improved over the last few years.

Ordering from Amazon also means you can avoid the embarrassment at the Pharmacy counter!

*** Pro's ***

✓ Suitable for Vaginal and Anal Sex – I've used condoms for anal sex in the past and I've often found they weren't up to the job. I've even used this brand before and been a little disappointed (admittedly many years ago) so it seems Durex have improved their product.

✓ Comfortable to use. The wife reports the same.

✓ Suitable for men with a thick girth – seems slightly larger than other brands.

✓ Practically no smell! There is almost none of the unpleasant rubber smell you usually get.

✓ I'm told by the wife that they don't taste too bad either!

✓ Long expiry date.

*** Con's ***

- They are slightly thicker than the average condom, however for all these people that say it takes all the fun out of Sex – you're clearly not doing it right. It may reduce sensitivity a tiny bit, but certainly not enough to take the fun out of it.

*** Conclusion ***

At risk of possibly raising a few eye brows amongst friends, I would recommend this product to anyone without any hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job Very Well !, 20 Aug. 2014
Michael Scott "www.nowillpowerrequired.co.uk" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At the end of the day Durex are the best condoms on the market and have been around for many yearfs. The extra safe are 'thicker' than average durex BUT they are still easy to put on and don't kill the sensation. You can tell these are quality as the packets are easy to open and they feel like quality. A pack of 24 for this price is excellent value from Amazon and cheaper than buying 3 at a time in a Pharmacy. Good value and strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel confident..., 23 Sept. 2014
UK Couple - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Durex Extra Safe have always been our go to condom of choice, giving both excellent protection and a reasonable amount of feeling. We've never had one split, leak or come off by accident, and we've always felt safe using them. They, like all condoms I suppose, are easy to put on and take off. There is some loss of feeling for both partners but this is the trade off for that little extra sense of security. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars They've never failed!, 28 Jan. 2015
My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and have no intention of ever having children; her and I are 26 and 24 respectively, and have an active and fulfilling sex life.
We use Durex Extra Safe because contraceptive pills make her ill, and as such we need something stronger to ease care. Some people have complained that these condoms make for less feeling between partners, men especially. I personally do not notice any difference, and my other half has also said she feels the same sensations as other protection we have used. While few condoms split with the appropriate use of lubrication, there is always the potential danger to do so; we like to vary things between intimate, slow loving and more fast and vigorous positions. These have never failed us! Another nice thing is that they appear slightly (minimally) wider than normal Durex products. The only weak point is the smell - slightly stronger than the normal thicknesses, but nothing that some scented lubricant won't fix!

Good value and an excellent product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 16 Aug. 2014
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is very little to say about these condoms that have not already been said. They are made by Durex so the quality is there. They are thicker than the fetherlite or ultra thin variety, so that you do loose some sensation, but these are designed for safety and are unlikely to break easily . Overall this is a great product and safe to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suffer very little embarrassment by ordering your you know whats on Amazon, 17 Sept. 2014
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Obviously there are plenty of people out there who experience no embarrassment whatsoever when it comes to the issue of, you know, purchasing something for the weekend, but for us more traditional types we have to wind ourself up to go to the chemist and ask for a erm prophylactic for the once a month partaking in hanky panky type activities. Amazon comes to the rescue because instead of suffering a chilling inquisition by your chemist you can order online and receive your package in the mail, as it were.

You might want to create a second Amazon account for this purpose so your purchase doesn't show up the next time your wife reviews your browser history.

When your package is delivered it's quite unlikely that your postman will know that it contains illicit material. Just to be on the safe side though you might consider having a little white lie up your sleeve to throw him or her off the scent. Something like - "ooh, this must be the collection of Swedish military figurines I ordered" and give them a knowing wink.

Of course, once you've got the sheaths in the privacy of your own home you can take them to a darkened room, invite the wife in, place the johny on your Mr Percy and give it the old how's your father safe in the knowledge that you're not going to catch cupid's itch.

Being Extra Safe these Durex are suitable for other, you know, avenues of entry, if you get my gist.

Durex Extra Safe (18 Pack)