Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 5 June 2015
I've recently purchased a Dolce Gusto Melody 3 and these are my first choice of pods for the device. Each pack contains 8 drinks which is decent value for money. At the time of writing these are priced at £10.50 for a bundle of 3 packs. So that's 8 drinks per pack x 3 packs = 24 drinks. Then £10.50 divided by 24 drinks, works out about 44p per drink. I think this represents great value for money, especially when you consider how great these drinks taste compared to a normal coffee.

The Cappuccino these pods produce is hands down one of the best I've ever tasted (I'm including high street coffee shops in this might I add). The machine sees to it that you end up with a frothy cappuccino with absolutely minimal setup time and production. The whole thing takes literally 30 to 40 seconds. The coffee isn't immensely strong but if you're drinking a Cappuccino you're probably not after something to take your face off in the first place. It's a nice strength and is great just after you've had your evening meal I've found. I'm not sure this is the coffee to wake you up in the morning though, if that's your desire (check out their other pod ranges for that).

Coffee is a very personal thing, with everyone liking different strengths and volumes etc etc. With that in mind it is hard to recommend these to you as an individual. You'll largely be taking a chance. I'm a moderate coffee drinker who will mainly drink 1 per day or 2 at an absolute push. I like 60-70% strength but I would never drink coffee black. If this sounds like you then you should like these drinks. They do a great job of replicating the feel of a coffee shop Cappuccino and at a fraction of the price.

Given their great taste and value for money (44p per drink, can't sniff at that!) I have to award these 5 stars. Give them a chance, you might just like em :)
on 3 April 2014
lovely and tasty drink but cheaper at asda so i will be buying it there in the future until you bring your price down.
on 1 February 2012
Tried this product this morning and was pleasantly surprised. The coffee was mild and aromatic and not at all sweet so it will please those who like their coffee as it comes. (I had to add sugar and extra milk to make it just right for my taste.)

The coffee pods produce a nice foam negating the need to froth milk in a separate container.

I would agree with others that the price per cappuccino is on the dear side BUT you can buy your coffee here cheaper than on the Dolce Gusto website because delivery is FREE. You could buy a box slightly cheaper at a supermarket (check prices at mysupermarket.com) but you would need to add it to your weekly shopping and what happens if you run out midweek? Order here, you get enough and you save yourself the hassle of going out to buy it.

I think the prices are driven by the technology used to create the pod, so not really the cost of the milk content. Even if they packaged water in the capsule, it would still cost them a bit to produce. However, I have found out that the capsules will do much more than suggested, so I can squeeze another small cup from them. Of course it all depends on your taste.

You can always buy the espresso pack which contains 16 capsules and then froth your own milk using a mini blender, an aeroccino, an aerolatte, a cocktail shaker - take your pick! That will bring the price down to a more reasonable level.

One note of warning though: do pierce the used capsules and empty them in the sink before disposing them because they will leak slowly in the bin and cause a mess when you take out the rubbish.

Hope you enjoy your frothy cappuccinos! :)
on 24 February 2013
its very easy to prepare
its better than other products used
its fast, great & tastey... Loven it!
The Pro Cappuccino @ Home.
We drink a lot of coffee in our household and since getting the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine we have tried every variety going. Our favourites tend to be cappuccino for a bit of luxury, espresso after meals and this one for our mid morning and afternoon break.

The cappuccino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the coffee and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting cappuccino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your cappuccino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the coffee, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of cappuccino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does have a slight sweetness to it but it hasn't been an issue for us as we tend to take sugar with our coffee. My son doesn't take sugar and doesn't like his drinks even stirred with a spoon that has been near sugar. However, he is happy enough to drink this cappuccino even though he is aware of the sweetness.

It is also great to get so many pods together. If I buy pods at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and we often run out of the pods before I do another shop. However this hasn't been such an issue with these as they came as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

If you love cappuccino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate after making for an extra bit of luxury.
on 29 September 2015
This comes in two pods, one for the coffee and one for the milk.

The coffee as black is OK but when combined with the dried milk powder tastes like UHT milk and detracts from the whole Barista style coffee. I don't think the milk powder is even better than the Nescafé sachet / add hot water coffee.

Really tempted to add fresh milk instead. Won't be buying this again. Will consume the rest of the pods without the dried milk.
on 27 October 2011
coffee tastes very good, and packaged well. Delivery was fast. overall very pleased.

one thing - each inner box includes 8 coffee and 8 milk pods. it wasn't that clear on the site, as i thought i was buying all coffee pods, so brought 50 milk pods separately!!!
on 28 January 2013
I love this coffee I only ever drink coffee when go out as only like cappuccino when got this it is like the shops do,now can have great coffee at home it is not cheap but nothing is now days and not something I would drink all day but will be buying more of them
on 13 March 2013
THIS IS A GENUINE TASTEOF COFFEE, NO FALSE TASTES, JUST PLAIN AND DELIGHTFUL COFFEE AT ITS BEST. CANT GET BETTER
VINE VOICEon 18 August 2014
this is comparable to the coffee i buy on the high street ,it makes a good standard mug full , i don't usually add sugar to my coffee and these do have a tiny amount in them but its not sweet by any description just a nice smooth beverage at vastly less than the coffee shops i refuse to purchase from and better than from the burger chain that i do. the froth is good but remember you have to provide your own sprinkles, great for speed and taste when i dont have the time or inclination to use the espresso machine. i have served this to friends and family and so far everyone has liked them.