5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm coffee!
Tried this product this morning and was pleasantly surprised. The coffee was mild and aromatic and not at all sweet so it will please those who like their coffee as it comes. (I had to add sugar and extra milk to make it just right for my taste.)

The coffee pods produce a nice foam negating the need to froth milk in a separate container.

I would...
Published on 1 Feb. 2012 by Zontania

2.0 out of 5 stars Artificially sweet...
I recently got a dolce gusto machine and was eager to try out the full range of drinks. I have tried the hot chocolate and really like them so I thought I would try the cappuccino next.

Eurgh. I absolutely hate the taste of sweeteners and this is what the cappuccinos taste like. They are truly awful. As others have said, why do they need to make the drinks...
Published on 23 Nov. 2012 by The Little Bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm coffee!, 1 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Cappuccino 16 Capsules (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules, 24 servings)

I would agree with others that the price per cappuccino is on the dear side BUT you can buy your coffee here cheaper than on the Dolce Gusto website because delivery is FREE. You could buy a box slightly cheaper at a supermarket (check prices at mysupermarket.com) but you would need to add it to your weekly shopping and what happens if you run out midweek? Order here, you get enough and you save yourself the hassle of going out to buy it.

I think the prices are driven by the technology used to create the pod, so not really the cost of the milk content. Even if they packaged water in the capsule, it would still cost them a bit to produce. However, I have found out that the capsules will do much more than suggested, so I can squeeze another small cup from them. Of course it all depends on your taste.

You can always buy the espresso pack which contains 16 capsules and then froth your own milk using a mini blender, an aeroccino, an aerolatte, a cocktail shaker - take your pick! That will bring the price down to a more reasonable level.

One note of warning though: do pierce the used capsules and empty them in the sink before disposing them because they will leak slowly in the bin and cause a mess when you take out the rubbish.

Hope you enjoy your frothy cappuccinos! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars PROPER TASTING COFFEE, 13 Mar. 2013
Mr. David Fretwell (HARLOW, ESSEX) - See all my reviews
THIS IS A GENUINE TASTEOF COFFEE, NO FALSE TASTES, JUST PLAIN AND DELIGHTFUL COFFEE AT ITS BEST. CANT GET BETTER

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pro Cappuccino @ Home, 24 Feb. 2013
its very easy to prepare
its better than other products used
its fast, great & tastey... Loven it!
The Pro Cappuccino @ Home.

5.0 out of 5 stars very tasty, 3 April 2014
lovely and tasty drink but cheaper at asda so i will be buying it there in the future until you bring your price down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great cup of cappuccino, 28 Oct. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
We drink a lot of coffee in our household and since getting the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine we have tried every variety going. Our favourites tend to be cappuccino for a bit of luxury, espresso after meals and this one for our mid morning and afternoon break.

The cappuccino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the coffee and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting cappuccino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your cappuccino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the coffee, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of cappuccino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does have a slight sweetness to it but it hasn't been an issue for us as we tend to take sugar with our coffee. My son doesn't take sugar and doesn't like his drinks even stirred with a spoon that has been near sugar. However, he is happy enough to drink this cappuccino even though he is aware of the sweetness.

It is also great to get so many pods together. If I buy pods at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and we often run out of the pods before I do another shop. However this hasn't been such an issue with these as they came as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

If you love cappuccino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate after making for an extra bit of luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 27 Oct. 2011
coffee tastes very good, and packaged well. Delivery was fast. overall very pleased.

one thing - each inner box includes 8 coffee and 8 milk pods. it wasn't that clear on the site, as i thought i was buying all coffee pods, so brought 50 milk pods separately!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, 28 Jan. 2013
Ms. J. W. Hawkins "Jennyhawk" (Bognor UK) - See all my reviews
I love this coffee I only ever drink coffee when go out as only like cappuccino when got this it is like the shops do,now can have great coffee at home it is not cheap but nothing is now days and not something I would drink all day but will be buying more of them

5.0 out of 5 stars I tip my cap to them :), 5 Jun. 2015
I've recently purchased a Dolce Gusto Melody 3 and these are my first choice of pods for the device. Each pack contains 8 drinks which is decent value for money. At the time of writing these are priced at £10.50 for a bundle of 3 packs. So that's 8 drinks per pack x 3 packs = 24 drinks. Then £10.50 divided by 24 drinks, works out about 44p per drink. I think this represents great value for money, especially when you consider how great these drinks taste compared to a normal coffee.

The Cappuccino these pods produce is hands down one of the best I've ever tasted (I'm including high street coffee shops in this might I add). The machine sees to it that you end up with a frothy cappuccino with absolutely minimal setup time and production. The whole thing takes literally 30 to 40 seconds. The coffee isn't immensely strong but if you're drinking a Cappuccino you're probably not after something to take your face off in the first place. It's a nice strength and is great just after you've had your evening meal I've found. I'm not sure this is the coffee to wake you up in the morning though, if that's your desire (check out their other pod ranges for that).

Coffee is a very personal thing, with everyone liking different strengths and volumes etc etc. With that in mind it is hard to recommend these to you as an individual. You'll largely be taking a chance. I'm a moderate coffee drinker who will mainly drink 1 per day or 2 at an absolute push. I like 60-70% strength but I would never drink coffee black. If this sounds like you then you should like these drinks. They do a great job of replicating the feel of a coffee shop Cappuccino and at a fraction of the price.

Given their great taste and value for money (44p per drink, can't sniff at that!) I have to award these 5 stars. Give them a chance, you might just like em :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, peasy, coffee squeezy!, 29 Sept. 2011
Hallelujah! A yummy cup of coffee that is so easy-peasy to make - quite fun doing it - and leaves barely no clearing up afterwards! Just my kind of product! Amazon is currently the cheapest place to buy - but be warned! This product is very addictive, in fact I'm just going to have another cup of cappuchino . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars ended up being enjoyed, 16 April 2015
I prefer black coffee but as the misses likes cappacino's I thought she should have her own capsules. Once she found a milk coffee amount she liked they were definitely enjoyed. My machine does not stop water flow which can lead to coffee being a little watered down. But that's not the capsule's fault