5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great cup of cappuccino
We drink a lot of coffee in our household and since getting the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine we have tried every variety going. Our favourites tend to be cappuccino for a bit of luxury, espresso after meals and this one for our mid morning and afternoon break.

Published on 28 Oct 2011 by D. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as a sample but I won't be buying
Any review for such an item is down to personal taste, so I can only presume this will help people with similar tastes to my own!!

Published 19 months ago by Lola31

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a great cup of cappuccino, 28 Oct 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Cappuccino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules, 24 servings)

The cappuccino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the coffee and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting cappuccino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your cappuccino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the coffee, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of cappuccino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does have a slight sweetness to it but it hasn't been an issue for us as we tend to take sugar with our coffee. My son doesn't take sugar and doesn't like his drinks even stirred with a spoon that has been near sugar. However, he is happy enough to drink this cappuccino even though he is aware of the sweetness.

It is also great to get so many pods together. If I buy pods at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and we often run out of the pods before I do another shop. However this hasn't been such an issue with these as they came as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

If you love cappuccino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate after making for an extra bit of luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars PROPER TASTING COFFEE, 13 Mar 2013
Mr. David Fretwell (HARLOW, ESSEX) - See all my reviews
THIS IS A GENUINE TASTEOF COFFEE, NO FALSE TASTES, JUST PLAIN AND DELIGHTFUL COFFEE AT ITS BEST. CANT GET BETTER

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pro Cappuccino @ Home, 24 Feb 2013
its very easy to prepare
its better than other products used
its fast, great & tastey... Loven it!
The Pro Cappuccino @ Home.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 27 Oct 2011
coffee tastes very good, and packaged well. Delivery was fast. overall very pleased.

one thing - each inner box includes 8 coffee and 8 milk pods. it wasn't that clear on the site, as i thought i was buying all coffee pods, so brought 50 milk pods separately!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK as a sample but I won't be buying, 29 Dec 2012

I made the cappuccino by the recommended amounts of milk/coffee on the packet and the result was far too milky and far too sweet, for my taste. I suppose one could adjust the amounts of milk/coffee from the pods but that rather seems to defeat the object of this particular coffee type!

On a plus side, I did find the milk frothed well and gave a good cappuccino appearance.

I'm glad I had the chance to taste this from the free samples in my new machine but I doubt I will go on to purchase a full box.

5.0 out of 5 stars very tasty, 3 April 2014
lovely and tasty drink but cheaper at asda so i will be buying it there in the future until you bring your price down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, 28 Jan 2013
Ms. J. W. Hawkins "Jennyhawk" (Bognor UK) - See all my reviews
I love this coffee I only ever drink coffee when go out as only like cappuccino when got this it is like the shops do,now can have great coffee at home it is not cheap but nothing is now days and not something I would drink all day but will be buying more of them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ccappuccino, 16 Oct 2012
Can have great coffee no fuss easy to use and no need to have fresh milk in the house ,makes a cappuccino to be proud off , great find hot chocolate great too

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Coffee, Great price, 19 April 2012
G. H. Traynor (Ashore!!) - See all my reviews
These Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cappuccino Pods (3x16) are, without doubt, excellent value for money. They arrived proptly, in prime condition and with a very long use by date, you cannot get this quality of product and service anywhere else at anywhere near a similar price. I will long continue to use amazon to feed my caffine addiction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmm coffee!, 1 Feb 2012
Tried this product this morning and was pleasantly surprised. The coffee was mild and aromatic and not at all sweet so it will please those who like their coffee as it comes. (I had to add sugar and extra milk to make it just right for my taste.)

The coffee pods produce a nice foam negating the need to froth milk in a separate container.

I would agree with others that the price per cappuccino is on the dear side BUT you can buy your coffee here cheaper than on the Dolce Gusto website because delivery is FREE. You could buy a box slightly cheaper at a supermarket (check prices at mysupermarket.com) but you would need to add it to your weekly shopping and what happens if you run out midweek? Order here, you get enough and you save yourself the hassle of going out to buy it.

I think the prices are driven by the technology used to create the pod, so not really the cost of the milk content. Even if they packaged water in the capsule, it would still cost them a bit to produce. However, I have found out that the capsules will do much more than suggested, so I can squeeze another small cup from them. Of course it all depends on your taste.

You can always buy the espresso pack which contains 16 capsules and then froth your own milk using a mini blender, an aeroccino, an aerolatte, a cocktail shaker - take your pick! That will bring the price down to a more reasonable level.

One note of warning though: do pierce the used capsules and empty them in the sink before disposing them because they will leak slowly in the bin and cause a mess when you take out the rubbish.

Hope you enjoy your frothy cappuccinos! :)