5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink
Published on 30 Oct. 2011 by D. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars For my son
My 13 yer old really does like hot chocolate, like many of his peers I suspect and after a time on Mocha, where I was weening him off chocolate and into coffee, he regressed when I purchased these.

Published 13 months ago by Victor Meldrew Mk2

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink, 30 Oct. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Chococino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules/hot drinking chocolate pods, 24 servings) (Grocery)
Our Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine is in daily use by our family of four and consequently we get through a lot of pods. If I buy these at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and I often need to restock on different flavours. But just one box at a time means we usually run out before I do another shop. Buying these online reduces that problem as these are supplied as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

The chococino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the chocolate mix and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting chococino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your chococino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the chocolate, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of rich, velvety chococino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does however have a slight sweetness to it and although I don't mind that my son who hates sugar in drinks finds this variety too sweet for his tastes.

If you love chococino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate and a bit of squirty whipped cream after making for an extra bit of luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 30 Dec. 2012
M. connolly "leprachaun" (new ollerton nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
this chococino is really delicious, I do add sugar though, but there is just one thing that spoils it, why is there loads of milk still in the pod, afterwards? It seems a bit of a waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most yummy hot chocolate!, 18 Oct. 2010
I have owned a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for 2 years and I adore the chococino. the capsules are expensive - only get 8 drinks out of one box but I can honestly say that it is worth it when you drink it. Really fabulous hot chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Special special treat.., 6 Mar. 2014
Mrs. J. Cook "A Cook" (England) - See all my reviews
If you want a special treat to drink this is it. What a rich drinking chocolate this is. Get good glasses and enjoy. There is a down side though. - You'll drink it and want more.. My Son and daughter bought me the Dolce Gusto but they're always drinking my chocolate. I'm beginning to think I need to hide the box when they visit. Guess what they're getting next Christmas?

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice chocolate drink, 9 Jan. 2014
Mr. P. Lawrence "paul223322" (brixham,devon,uk) - See all my reviews
After reading a lot of good reviews on the chococino , I decided to purchase this item. A really nice smooth chocolatey drink.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice hot chocolate..., 22 Nov. 2012
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I recently got a dolce gusto machine through Amazon vine and decided to try these out as my first drink.

First off, 16 capsules makes 8 drinks as you need one milk and one chocolate. They recommend that you use 100ml of chocolate to 110ml milk and this is what I did.

It makes a really nice hot chocolate that I think would rival any of the major coffee shops. My one word of advice would be, remember to stir! Otherwise all the chocolate flavour sinks to the bottom. Others have commented on them being overly sweet. These weren't an issue for me - it was just how I liked it.

My one criticism is the taste of the milk is 'different.' It's not bad but just different to what I have had before. I guess it's due to the fact it's not fresh milk. It didn't put me off though.

I like these and would carry on buying them. Onto the rest of the range now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth not sickly, 23 Dec. 2013
I bought these for my mum to use in her Dolce Gusto machine and have to say they did not last very long...all our family agree that they are delicious! Just enough chocolate taste, smooth and light texture. We need to order some more!

3.0 out of 5 stars For my son, 21 Jan. 2014
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

In his eyes and his impression on his palate, is that they are ok, but nothing special and not much better than that provided from powder in a jar. Saying that, he has drunk a few so far.

Would I buy them again? No I doubt it, simply as I don't drink them and my son is not that fussed. However, for the occasional user might I suggest that these could be the ideal solution for that chilly team when you fancy a drink that is warm, sweet and with a nice flavour of chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars chocoholics delight, 16 Dec. 2011
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This 2 pod drink which gives you approximately 210 ml of scrumptiously sweet hot milky chocolate.

Using the white pod first you receive a hot, pre-sweetened, foamy milk to which is added the brown pod of luscious chocolate.

For an extra special treat add a sprinkle of crushed flake or a few mini marshmallows - Kraft Jet Puffed Marshmallows mini.

This is a perfect drink for those cold winter nights, but because the milk is pre-sweetened it is not suitable for diabetics.

Don't forget to register your pod points to get offers on cups, saucers or other accessories from Dolce Gusto

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for an instant, 28 Aug. 2014
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
These pods are extremely easy to use. To make a cup of hot chocolate, you need one chocochino pod and one milk pod. Given that you don't need fresh milk to make this drink, and the drink is instant, the flavour is good. The best advantage to this system is that if you don't have milk to hand, you can get a reasonable cup of hot chocolate. This is great if you are in your workshop or shed that has no fridge but does have a plug socket. One last thing, don't be tempted to add your own sugar - it's already included. The chocochino pod ingredients are: powdered hot chocolate and whole milk powder with sugar. Each pod is 151 kcal.