5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by D. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay.
Not bad, have found some better, but we all have different taste buds.

If you like straight hot chocolate then this will do.
Published 2 months ago by Richie

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink, 30 Oct 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Chococino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules, 24 servings) (Grocery)
Our Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine is in daily use by our family of four and consequently we get through a lot of pods. If I buy these at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and I often need to restock on different flavours. But just one box at a time means we usually run out before I do another shop. Buying these online reduces that problem as these are supplied as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

The chococino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the chocolate mix and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting chococino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your chococino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the chocolate, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of rich, velvety chococino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does however have a slight sweetness to it and although I don't mind that my son who hates sugar in drinks finds this variety too sweet for his tastes.

If you love chococino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate and a bit of squirty whipped cream after making for an extra bit of luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most yummy hot chocolate!, 18 Oct 2010
I have owned a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for 2 years and I adore the chococino. the capsules are expensive - only get 8 drinks out of one box but I can honestly say that it is worth it when you drink it. Really fabulous hot chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice chocolate drink, 9 Jan 2014
Mr. P. Lawrence "paul223322" (brixham,devon,uk) - See all my reviews
After reading a lot of good reviews on the chococino , I decided to purchase this item. A really nice smooth chocolatey drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 30 Dec 2012
M. connolly "leprachaun" (new ollerton nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
this chococino is really delicious, I do add sugar though, but there is just one thing that spoils it, why is there loads of milk still in the pod, afterwards? It seems a bit of a waste.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Good Quality' instant cocoa, 11 April 2014
L. Howard (Copthorne, England, UK) - See all my reviews
These pods have a nice flavour, and are nice for us for occasional use. These seem to be less sweet than your garden variety (drinking) cocoa powder, which is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth not sickly, 23 Dec 2013
I bought these for my mum to use in her Dolce Gusto machine and have to say they did not last very long...all our family agree that they are delicious! Just enough chocolate taste, smooth and light texture. We need to order some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nescafe Hot Chocolate, 6 Dec 2013
With a rich but not too strong taste, this hot chocolate is the perfect late evening drink. Fantastic taste. Well done Nescafe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nescafe Doce Gusto Chococino, 25 Oct 2011
My daughter loves this. Easy and reasonably priced to purchase this way rather than from supermarkets. Can pre order so you never run out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hot chocolate lovers, 24 May 2012
Yvette Dorman "Yve12" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
Recently bought from Amazon the Dolce Gusto coffee maker and without doubt a great machine. It makes a great hot chocolate which is so creamy and rich. Can't make better yourself with hot milk and powder.

Ease of delivery is what I like when buying from Amazon even though with some supermarket deals you can get just as cheap in shops.

I always buy just as I am running out and always delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
delivery a little slow but the product is great