5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by D. Jones

Published 3 months ago by Uncle Barbar

5.0 out of 5 stars A rich and chocolately drink, 30 Oct 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Chococino 16 Capsules, 8 servings (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules/hot drinking chocolate pods, 24 servings) (Grocery)
Our Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine is in daily use by our family of four and consequently we get through a lot of pods. If I buy these at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and I often need to restock on different flavours. But just one box at a time means we usually run out before I do another shop. Buying these online reduces that problem as these are supplied as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

The chococino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the chocolate mix and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting chococino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your chococino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the chocolate, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of rich, velvety chococino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does however have a slight sweetness to it and although I don't mind that my son who hates sugar in drinks finds this variety too sweet for his tastes.

If you love chococino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate and a bit of squirty whipped cream after making for an extra bit of luxury.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, 30 Dec 2012
M. connolly "leprachaun" (new ollerton nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
this chococino is really delicious, I do add sugar though, but there is just one thing that spoils it, why is there loads of milk still in the pod, afterwards? It seems a bit of a waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most yummy hot chocolate!, 18 Oct 2010
I have owned a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for 2 years and I adore the chococino. the capsules are expensive - only get 8 drinks out of one box but I can honestly say that it is worth it when you drink it. Really fabulous hot chocolate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice chocolate drink, 9 Jan 2014
Mr. P. Lawrence "paul223322" (brixham,devon,uk) - See all my reviews
After reading a lot of good reviews on the chococino , I decided to purchase this item. A really nice smooth chocolatey drink.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient but not keen on the flavour of the milk pod you use with it., 28 Aug 2014
Uncle Barbar (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
These pods are extremely easy to use. To make a cup of hot chocolate, you need one chocochino pod and one milk pod. Given that you don't need fresh milk to make this drink, and the drink is instant, the flavour is reasonable. The best advantage to this system is that if you don't have milk to hand, you can get a reasonable cup of hot chocolate. There is a bit of metallic aftertaste. This is in the milk pod rather than the cocoa pod because I've tried the milk pod with regular cocoa added. This is great if you come back from holiday wanting a cup of hot chocolate or your workshop is in your shed that has a plug socket. However, I prefer my hot chocolate made the traditional way with just cocoa, sugar and milk. One last thing, don't be tempted to add your own sugar - it's already included. The chocochino pod ingredients are: powdered hot chocolate and whole milk powder with sugar. Each pod is 151 kcal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Special special treat.., 6 Mar 2014
Mrs. J. Cook "A Cook" (England) - See all my reviews
If you want a special treat to drink this is it. What a rich drinking chocolate this is. Get good glasses and enjoy. There is a down side though. - You'll drink it and want more.. My Son and daughter bought me the Dolce Gusto but they're always drinking my chocolate. I'm beginning to think I need to hide the box when they visit. Guess what they're getting next Christmas?

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Good Quality' instant cocoa, 11 April 2014
L. Howard (Copthorne, England, UK) - See all my reviews
These pods have a nice flavour, and are nice for us for occasional use. These seem to be less sweet than your garden variety (drinking) cocoa powder, which is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth not sickly, 23 Dec 2013
I bought these for my mum to use in her Dolce Gusto machine and have to say they did not last very long...all our family agree that they are delicious! Just enough chocolate taste, smooth and light texture. We need to order some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nescafe Hot Chocolate, 6 Dec 2013
With a rich but not too strong taste, this hot chocolate is the perfect late evening drink. Fantastic taste. Well done Nescafe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nescafe Doce Gusto Chococino, 25 Oct 2011
My daughter loves this. Easy and reasonably priced to purchase this way rather than from supermarkets. Can pre order so you never run out.