Format: DVD|Change

on 27 June 2008
Given the cast, this should have been watchable. It wasn't and I'm sure none of the big names put this on their cv. I actually put the DVD in the bin rather than give it to a charity shop as I don't want anyone else having to endure this torture.
It was neither funny nor was there a story line - what was the writer / director thinking of?
Apparently the film has had several titles to put people off the scent! That speaks volumes for this turkey. If I could have given no stars I would have.
KEEP WELL CLEAR & SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR SOMETHING (ANYTHING) BETTER
on 3 September 2015
The movie plot isn't the best, but Colin Firth sure does a good performance! The dvd was in a very good quality when it arrived at my place too :) Thanks for the purchase!
on 24 July 2013
This is a very good film and deserves far more than the 1 -2 stars that some others have given it on here. What do people want - or even expect! It's nice to see a film in this genre that is not ironed out with the full production value treatment for once. I mean, how many more Notting Hills or Four Weddings and a Funeral do we want? There's only so much space for 'big' full-to-over-packaged, fully-production-valued, fully-to-over-ironed-out plasticised film, like a vegetable in a supermarket that has to be the right shape and size. Me? I prefer organic, rough-edged movies by little-known talents trying to make their mark. Not constantly living off a diet of easy viewing for the sorts of people who have to have the exact same precise amount of sugar and milk in every one of their cups of tea.
This little film is a gem - attractive cast with nice interplay between the characters, some very funny dialogue and scenes, mixed in with a few pearls of social critique, and some nice background musical scores.
Not all films are meant to be like Notting Hill or 4 Weddings. Therein lay the mistake of the packagers of the film in the sales department. I mean, it may well have attracted a bigger audience who didn't want to see another Notting Hill!
on 2 June 2008
It was dull. It dragged. You thought it was nearly over then a whole lot more appeared. One star can be fully awarded for the miraculous appearance of Jack Dee, who (occasionally) showed up to drag me out of complete inertia.
on 19 June 2016
An interesting rather than good movie. I wouldn't have bought it if I had seen it before.
on 16 April 2014
fantastic film very quick to arrive very good price to ,my daughter loves colin firth films and was a good story line
on 3 May 2013
Terrible, terrible, terrible! I am such a lover of Colin Firth and wanted to watch all of his films, but this was just awful! Terrible storyline, terrible (other) actors and just a dreadful 2 hours all round! The american bloke (can't remember who he was) was just a pain in the backside from start to finish.

Don't get it. I have put it in the Charity box already.
on 10 June 2013
really quite disappointing, but I still watched it all the way through as I had nothing better to do at that time :-)
on 8 January 2016