on 31 July 2009
I'm one of those tall thin people with a ridiculously high metabolism that can eat whatever I want without putting on weight. That isn't so good when trying to build muscle mass though! I'd tried lots of other supliments over the years on and off (including creatine) but none gave me any extra weight.

I've been using Progain for 3 weeks now and along with my hardcore workout routine(!) I've put on 4kg in weight. I'm very happy and have just ordered another two tubs. I used strawberry flavour and it tastes fine when mixed with water.
66 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2012
I've only been using this for about two weeks, and the effects have been incredibly noticeable. I have been taking one scoop 45 minutes before a workout, and one scoop immediately afterwards. And then I take 2 scoops on recovery days. I try and go to gym three times per week.
Firstly, the scoop before my workout gives me a massive energy boost, which means I can push myself that bit harder in the gym. The scoop after my workout provides me with the exact calories to recover well. I have about an hour's gym routine and focus on weight-training.
Secondly, I've put on a bit of weight, but the I can already feel my muscles getting bigger and I'm feeling stronger. I look forward to the next few weeks, since the first two have been brilliant.
I use the chocolate flavour which is really good. Might try strawberry next.
on 4 January 2015
Makes my farts absolutely stink which is a bonus because my girlfriend hates it
on 11 February 2015
I found that this protein shake does not last very long, and as a result it can be considered very costly. PHD Pharma Nutrition is something I'd highly recommend as it is tastier and value for money, it contains l-Glutamine also!
on 15 February 2016
Well what can I say... for me I noticed a mass increase within 1 week, it just works i also noticed that when workout my arms (bicep & triceps) i felt more of a pump feeling.

The taste:
I wasn't too much of a fan of the flavours however that might be because I stuck with one flavour for a year which I got sick of so do switch flavours every now and then however the flavour isnt too bad.

overall this product does it what it says its suppose to do (mass increase) as I went from being skinny to having some weight on me (which is what I wanted) If i could change anything it would be the price the price is just a bit too high up there for me.
on 8 September 2012
I suffer from Crohn's disease so I was hoping to find a weight gainer that was easy on the stomach as anyone that suffers from it knows you have to be careful with what you eat! Progain has provided a very good option in that it uses whey isolates which are much more refined and much gentler on the stomach. I started on the 10th July and have managed to put on 8lbs between then and now (8th Sept). I haven't used it religiously (I had my stag do for 4 days in the middle of that!) plus somedays I would only take one scoop in the morning so haven't been sticking meticulously to the schedule! I dont go to the gym but instead train at home and cycle regularly and its been great at supporting lean growth. If you put on weight easily look for Promax Diet instead as it has less calories! Overall I highly recommend this product and will continue to use this into the future!! Good luck whatever you decide to buy!
on 9 December 2009
I bought my first batch feeling pretty skeptical. I must admit, it has exceeded my expectations. I've since re-bought, and will be again in the very near future.

As for the service, it was amazing. It arrived VERY quickly indeed.

10/10 all round.
on 26 April 2009
This product is actually quite tasty. It says you shouldn't take it with milk, and believe me, you really shouldn't! Coupled with an effective training regime, results are visible rather quickly. Will be topping myself up with the same item when I'm finished with my current batch!
on 19 April 2013
I've been taking this as instructed on the product {2X scoops per serving 2x servings a day} and not the description on this page which is stating a lesser dose iv'e had a bad stomach and sore throat i have even thrown up all after only a day of taking I hadn't had issues in the past with standard whey after nearly 6 days now and stomach has settled with taking i have seen gains in only a week but i have also trained hard fast delivery from the supplier product undamaged and a good price compared to off the self prices iv'e have since changed my rating from 1 to 3 stars after stomach settled which i put down to getting used to it
on 2 January 2014
I purchased this for my husband as he has trouble maintaining his weight and loses weight fast (lucky for some), I found this product to be fantastic there was a noticeable weight gain within two weeks post consumption of the shake following the directed instruction on the container. My husband said it also made him feel much healthier as well and not fatigued as he normally does. He is also lactose intolerant and the product was fine to take no nasty side effects really really happy with the results thank you progain : ) .