on 14 June 2016
As with most protein shakes the taste isn't the best but it's an okprotein albeit slightly more expensive than some other brands on the market.

Not one I would buy again as there are better products out there for less money
on 11 February 2015
Tastes good if you use milk, not so good if you use water.
I have one scoop an hour before I work out along with a banana. That one scoop makes me feel stronger at the gym enabling me to do more reps.
On the odd occasion I'll also have one scoop after a work-out so that my muscles and joints don't ache for days!

This is top stuff, the only thing that beats it is HEMP! Hemp powder is the s*** and will have u looking like the hulk, only down side is when mixed with water it looks like the hulk blew his load in your glass! and it taste like s*** :)
got this as I get a bit older, was struggling for a few days after runs with fairly sore muscles.

It's been a huge help with recovery. I just make a shake with one scoop immediately after the run, and while I can still be a bit stiff the next day, it's a noticeable improvement.

the taste is pretty good - I've tried the strawberry and the vanilla, and both are nice. not as nice as an a normal milkshake, but very drinkable.

in summary, highly recommended
on 21 March 2014
It really does work and the price is just fine. I recommend mixing it in warm milk in the blender. Do not mix it with water because it does not taste nice, with milk it tastes like a milkshake but make sure the milk is warm so it dissolves the powder.
on 9 June 2014
Words can't describe how disgusting the taste and smell of the shake was, I was having to pinch my nose while drinking it so I wouldn't vomit lol!! I used the whole tub in about 3 weeks while attending the gym regularly. End results weren't as pleasing as I was expecting, although I did feel that my body was much more toned. Don't know if that was just the gym though. Also ridiculously expensive. Not too sure with this product.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 June 2014
Having long ago given up the ghost regarding personal fitness I am only passing on a review from my son who enjoys this product (tastes better than similar products by all accounts) and this gigantic tub is very good value again compared to other similar products. My one caveat with this and similar is that is it really necessary? My boy has certainly bulked out, is extremely fit (plays rugby and basketball) and doesn't appear to be in any way "addicted" to the product - he only takes one shake on his gym days - so why am I just a tad sceptical? I was always taught that lean chicken, quality cheese in small quantities and regular eggs provided all the protein a healthy body needs so why bother with such supplements? Ah well, he appears to be the better for it even if I can still beat him at arm wrestling!
on 14 December 2012
Nervous about the infamous bad taste and texture that protein shakes are known for, I originally tried one of Maximuscles Maximilks - an individual portion ready made for on the go. I bought it from H&B in chocolate flavour and was so shocked at the difference it made to my workout performance, and at how delicious it was that I decided to buy the shake powder immediately.

I purchased strawberry in the shake powder, mainly because chocolate wasn't available at the time.
Now I'm not a fan of milkshakes or anything strawberry flavoured (except for McDonald strawberry shakes obviously lol), but this shake is very nice. My husband who is something of a milkshake connoisseur tried it today and said it tasted just like the ordinary strawberry milkshakes you can buy in the supermarket.
I find it very easy to drink. I will be honest, I was expecting it to be like drinking a barium meal **gags** but it was not like this at all.
I will say that although you can mix it with just water, done this way I find it just tastes of nothing but water, which is odd because if I mix it with skimmed milk it has quite a strong strawberry taste.
It's sweet enough, definitely not sickly.
My favourite way to take it though is by mixing it with 0% fat plain Greek yoghurt....it's like homemade thick creamy strawberry yoghurt.

It does made a difference to my workout performance....I'm a ShaunT Insanity and Asylum girl, so my workouts are very intense. This has made a huge difference.

I have experienced no bloating with this product either, something protein powders on general do, but this lack of bloating is one of the reasons I chose the brand maximuscle

On a side note, especially for women....please note that Maximuscle Promax has the exact same ingredients as Maxitone Definity...the only difference is that you pay less for almost a kilo tub of Promax than you do for half the amount of Definity. made by the same company as well. They have tried to target Maxitone specifically for women, but save your money and buy Promax which is exactly the same (the company has confirmed this to me)
on 2 March 2014
I have tried several protein shakes -some taste OK and others horrible! This one is in the OK category - so if you like the idea of cookies and cream (well vanilla flavour) then give this one a try. All delivered on time.
VINE VOICEon 8 May 2009
Whether you want to add bulky or lean muscle, and/or lost body fat, the two main things you will need to do are exercise and eat right. Promax isn't a solution in and of itself, but is very useful in getting extra protein into your diet (protein is vital for growing muscle, and repairing it when you are going up a fitness/strength level). There is an argument that as solid protein increases your metabolism by up to 30% after you eat it, if you are aiming to lose weight then you want to avoid protein powders that are easily absorbed. However, I've found that using protein powders in addition to solid protein (meat/eggs etc) is really effective, and helping me to achieve my goals more comfortably than without promax. It isn't for everyone, but I think it is definitely worth trying if you are aiming to get fitter/build muscle/lose body fat.
on 9 June 2014
its ok. banana and strawberry flavors become sickly with daily use. the shakes give great energy but i feel there is better shakes and better value to be bought elsewhere and so i have moved on from this brand. try gold standard 100% whey instead, tastes better, dissolves better and less other chemicals included. this product also really made me feel full like i'd eaten four courses.