5.0 out of 5 stars A female perspective - Cookies & Cream
I started strength training recently for the first time and discovered I just wasn't getting enough protein from my diet. I decided to give my protein intake a boost and bought this simply because Maximuscle had a female-friendly website that gave me lots of info.

Published on 31 Aug 2009 by Miss K

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal but not a great taste
Got this for a great price but only bought the one as a trial, mainly for the taste.

I found the taste only really came through as an after taste, and not all that great whilst drinking. (using water).

Ive also got the CHOC MINT and STRAWBERRY, and these taste a lot better, espec the STRAWBERRY.
Published 10 months ago by Jack Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars A female perspective - Cookies & Cream, 31 Aug 2009
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: MaxiMuscle Promax 908 g Vanilla Whey Protein Shake Powder (Personal Care)

One portion of this (one scoop mixed in with 200ml of water) provides 120 calories, 23g of protein, 2g of carbs and 2g of fat. Taste is important for me and the Cookies and Cream flavour I just can't flaw. It's sweet but not sickly, creamy in taste but not heavy and you can add more or less water to vary the strength of the flavour. You can mix with milk but I've not tried it like that as it tastes fine just with water. Apparently you can even mix the powder in with things like yogurt and cereal which I'm going to try aswell.

I started training about 4 months back and although I've been getting stronger, I have been a bit disappointed with the visual results. Having taken the shake for the last two weeks, I have already started seeing some definition and I feel stronger too - it's not that this is some kind of miracle potion but my diet had VERY limited amounts of protein in it before and my muscles just weren't getting the kind of nutrition they needed to recover, especially as I don't like to eat after a workout! I make sure I always have one of these shakes after training so that I can optimize my workout now!

I also highly recommend getting a shaker if you don't already have one - the Maximuscle Shaker 700ml is brilliant, leak-free and makes the whole measuring & mixing thing a whole lot easier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal but not a great taste, 15 Feb 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice taste., 31 Mar 2014
Blends well and tastes nice. Does what it's made for. I will be buying this again when I run out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff !, 28 Oct 2013
Easy to mix, tastes great, already feeling stronger and leaner, just got to stay focused at the gym :-) :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, 2 July 2013
Much easier to buy online than looking for the right product on the high street. I will use this supplier from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars The good stuff, 8 Jan 2010
D. Mesgna "El Sugoi Artist" (England) - See all my reviews
Taste vile at first but you get used to it. before I had even thought about considering Maximuscle I was taking a poor quality shake which didn't provide me with enough nutrients to do an intense workout or support me with my workout routines.However a lot changed after purchasing Maximuscle.I've seen major improvements in my performance and recovery times meaning I can ultimately workout for longer, as far as results go this shake will Rip you senseless I don't have a personal trainer nor a nutritionist this shake and a balanced diet mixed in with an intense routine has given me excellent result's my only bad about this product is the price, but having lasted me one month taking one heap per day with 200ml's of milk cant be anything to complain about since it has lasted so long.

Conclusion
Get it if you have enough to splash out on yourself it works when you do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good, 13 Jan 2014
good taste mixes well and has got a high protein value in comparison to the cost. Will buy again if on offer

4.0 out of 5 stars Average, 20 Nov 2009
D. Clark - See all my reviews
Good protein, I've got stronger over the past month and recovered faster during exercise. Having researched further into protein dietry supplements however, I've discovered products that provide the same results but for half the price :) I'd reccommend to anyone who likes this product to move over to phd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent post run recovery aid., 15 July 2014
I bought this item to aid with my recovery post run and found it excellent. As a vegetarian, I have always struggled to eat the prescribed right amount of protein in my diet-with this, it totally rights my previous, very carbon heavy, diet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla tastes bad, 10 July 2014
Tastes disgusting. Have to down it all in one...definately recommend the other flavours over vanilla!!!!!