5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent supplement to help you bulk up
The combination of high quality protein, creatine and glutamine makes this product perfect for building muscle mass when weight training intensively 3-4 times per week. The creatine helps improve strength and power and the glutamine helps aid muscle repair which is very important after training sessions.

I would recommend taking one scoop before training and...
Published on 13 Jun. 2011 by William Percival

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same product as advertised
Published on 2 Nov. 2011 by Dats Funny

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the same product as advertised, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Maximuscle Promax Extreme Recover and Rebuild Protein Shake Powder (Packaging May Vary) - Chocolate, 908 g (Personal Care)
I have to mark/edit this down to 1 star from my previous 5 stars. I get my monthly hit of Promax extreme from Amazon subscription and my latest batch I received tasted different and a little sour. I also noticed that it did not mix as well in Milk as it all clumped up at the bottom of the shaker (mixes well in water but require more shaking effort). Now, I knew from past experience, this is not the great Maximuscle Promax Extreme that I have been taking, so I contacted Maximuscle to ask if it was safe to drink as I may have a bad batch. While I was waiting for them to reply, I did a little bit of investigation to the tub and realised the nutrition value is different. My immediate thought was that Amazon has sent me a fake tub. I then went on to the Maximuscle website and confirmed that they have changed the product by downgrading (IMO) it's quality.

Instead of the previous 85g of protein per 100g, You now get only 65g per 100g. A massive drop in protein levels.

Glutamine has decreased from 5.5 to 3.7g per 100g. Creatine looks to be at the same level.

[...]

I then received an email back from Maximuscle (looks like part of GSK), that I should not be mixing with milk and should only be used with water. I swear they have always stated to use milk to take advantage of the casein during bed time? I have lost all confidence with the brand. I am now changing product to Optimum Nutrition and staying well clear from Maximuscle.

I did reply asking a reason for the sudden change of quality, no reply and that was over 7 days ago.

This is for the Chocolate flavour, so who knows about the other flavours. Amazon - please update the product description please, In fact create a new product page as all the previous reviews are not accurate anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Changed the formula, 4 April 2014
Not as good as it once was. They have reduced the amount of protein and at the same time upped the scoop size - so you get less protein and less servings per tub - by around 16%. The product was already expensive so I;m not sure how they can justify this.

Some people claim that maximuscle products are inferior and not worth spending money on - claiming they can mix their own cheaper elsewhere by themselves. But I think these people are just too poor to buy Maximuscle. If you have money to spare then why not.
The chocolate is gross - unless you mix it with milk. Strawberry is by far the best taste. Bananna is meh.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent supplement to help you bulk up, 13 Jun. 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews

I would recommend taking one scoop before training and one scoop after training. The powder mixes well with water or milk and the majority of the flavours are very tasty. Having tried all of the flavours, I would recommend Strawberry, Cookies & Cream or Chocolate.

After having taken Promax Extreme for approximately 3 months I have noticed an increase in my strength and my physical size after regularly playing rugby and participating in weight training.

Overall, a great supplement for anyone looking to increase their muscle size and strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximuscle Promax Extreme, 26 Jan. 2011
Excellent product but slightly hard to distinguish a difference between promax extreme and ordinary promax. However, after a while of taking this product there is probably a more rapid change noticable. But great-tasting and easy to drink

2.0 out of 5 stars tastes horrible, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought the choclate flavour and to be honest it tasted disgusting unsure if it worked as i was un able to swallow it i bought as i had heard good things about the company who produce it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, 25 Nov. 2012
Bought this a while back and must say its worked really well. I'm an athletic build and my dumbbell bench press maxed out at around 70kg. The extra creatine helped me bump that up to around 76kg, so really good.
I didn't want the creatine to just add extra weight, so I added some more cardio to the work out. Managing to keep my 6 pack, small be it a little less defined.

Only little gripe is that that flavour is a little strong but you get used to it. Probably my fault for not checking which flavour I ordered. Got the chocolate flavour now, really nice and recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Composition changed be warned, 7 Aug. 2014
Taste has completely changed now tastes acrid and you get less protein for your money.

Moved to PhD Synergy much better taste and good results thus far

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 4 Mar. 2011
Good value for money, does exactly what it says on the tin, just need to follow a good workout regime and use it regularly. Good taste for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon price hikes, 18 Dec. 2009
Mr. Pol Mcrurai "Abearhunter2" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The product is as good as it has always been but I have stopped buying it from Amazon as the price just kept going up and up - I can now buy it a couple of pounds cheaper on the high street and I din't have the bother of waiting at home for the delivery man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results, 18 Jan. 2015
I have had great results using this product as a post work out, muscle recovery. Not really looking to bulk up, just wanted something to aid post workout muscle recovery, and having used lots of different products, i have had the best results using this. Using skimmed milk rather than water, vastly improves the flavour. It mixes well and tastes good. one full tub lasts me just over a month, which is better tan previous products.